Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185952 times)

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

For now, I'll just deal with it... Leather clothes for everypony! And leather crafts to unload on the next caravan to come by.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 18, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »

ponies will actually leave offended if you do that :P

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:21 pm »

ponies will actually leave offended if you do that :P

"LEATHER!?? THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE LAST STRAW, WE ARE LEAVING."

"But.... it's fake, it's made of synthetic materials."

"IT'S A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE!! GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR."
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2012, 12:31:42 am »

I poked around in the raws and confirmed that sunflowers are bugged. They're missing the part that makes them millable (which I figured out by comparing them with the other plants that can be milled), which means they're useless. No soap for this fort, since my current civ doesn't have flax. (Or silk roses.) I was stuck relying on yarn to make clothes until the bugged fleece gave me a bunch of fleece to make clothes with. Hopefully the next caravan will bring me more sheep.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2012, 03:15:20 am »

You can usually find flax or silk on the fort site if you gather plants, the silk roses are pretty rare but easily distinguished by their gray flowers. Strange that the civ does not have flax at least tho, I set it to grow in any biome precisely because it is so needed

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 19, 2012, 09:38:14 am »

Sudden realization.  Are you processing your sunflowers into seeds and petals? You can't make the oil from the unprocessed plant. The reason I'm asking is I Know I checked the feature and I haven't messed with it since so it's strange if it broke

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:52 am »

I can't process the sunflowers. To avoid going through the other millable plants I have (and wasting my limited bags), I set up a stockpile only for sunflowers and set it to give to the millstone. I give the order to mill plants and it cancels, citing no millable plants. And yes, there were sunflowers in the stockpile when I gave that order. When I remove the restriction, it mills all the other millable plants I've got.

Also, I tried making some bags from all that fleece... it gave me a bunch of fleece coffers rather than bags.

(I am sorry for seeming to post nothing but problems. I really do like the mod. If I disliked it, I wouldn't bother pointing out what's broken so it could be fixed.)

And I wasn't kidding about my fort not having access to flax or silk flowers. I even hoped the zebras might bring me some of either, but no luck. And with all those stacked up hides I'm not seeing any cloth for trade. I've built up a ridiculous amount of valuable crafts (stone, glass, and clay) but I'm not getting caravans with anything I need. (Well, I've been picking up extra seeds for the plants I do have and some dye and sand so I can eventually use those bags. Also buying up some of the steel and iron stuff to melt. Can never have too many bars of those.) Pony caravan was about to leave when I left off. Maybe the zebras will bring me some sheep when they show up. (I only have five and two of them are still lambs at the moment.)
I embarked in a tropical forest, (one of the few places I could find without an aquifer, the other places were either freezing, evil, or mountains) if that's what might be the problem. I really don't want to abandon, because this site is swimming in copper, iron, flux, silver, gold and I've been finding lots of gems. Also lots and lots of granite. (Enough I built the walls around my fort out of granite blocks. I like at least the fort walls to be stone.)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 19, 2012, 01:38:07 pm »

Ah the bags might be an issue I guess, you can process sunflowers at a farmers workshop with the process to bag command. Sorry for the multitude of bugs, and thanks for reporting stuff, I'll look into fleece bags, well... Fleece in general I guess needs some work :p

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2012, 01:47:04 pm »

However, I have made clothes from the fleece without issue. Aside from it cluttering up the workshops, since apparently they won't go into a stockpile. I may just keep spamming clothesmaking as a way to eat up the fleece. I set up several leatherworking shops just for that purpose. (Kinda of a funny bug though. I never thought I'd have to worry about having too much of anything.)

Anyway, thank you for the fun mod and for the fast responses!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 19, 2012, 02:23:17 pm »

However, I have made clothes from the fleece without issue. Aside from it cluttering up the workshops, since apparently they won't go into a stockpile. I may just keep spamming clothesmaking as a way to eat up the fleece. I set up several leatherworking shops just for that purpose. (Kinda of a funny bug though. I never thought I'd have to worry about having too much of anything.)

Anyway, thank you for the fun mod and for the fast responses!

This mod has some problems with stockpiles, research points don't store anywhere either.
If you want to avoid cluttering, try to just deconstruct the workshop and then use DFhack's autodump command to move the items where you want them.
Ponies will get the items from wherever you've decided to move them.
Remember to reclaim them after dumping, as dumped items get automatically forbidden.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:09 pm »

Or you can {t} over the workshop and manually select what to dump or even d-b-d over it. Then of course b-b-c over you active dump zone.

When you set up stockpiles to give to a workshop, all materials must come from these stockpiles. This means you have to link a furniture stockpile too if bags or barrels are required. I bumped into this issue a few times.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 20, 2012, 07:05:33 am »

Some of the items, like apples and research points, are not stockpiled on purpose, it'll just add a bunch of unnecessary labor hauling from the library to a stockpile to the archive to a stockpile, when you shouldn't need to have more than a few items in either building now (unless you save up a ton of research tomes) Getting the other items to stockpile is a slight issue, as there is no stockpile tag in the material system, but the stockpile data is added as a property of something else. There are a few tags that are a bit more generic and I could use them to add stockpiling for things like the fleece and crystal shards, but I need to look into that a bit more.

I am with family for the holidays, and my laptop is hardly usable for anything, which I guess might further my efforts toward fixing the bugs and maybe adding some features (changeling civ perhaps?) but I am not really working on my own schedule here as the family is gearing up towards the holidays, so we'll just have to see how much time I get and how much I have to play uncle.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 20, 2012, 08:38:10 am »

As for stockpiles, Fallout Equestria mod has quite a usable system. Most new items are categorised as tools or toys and have subcategories, like (Toy-Training Hologem). It works, for the most part.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 20, 2012, 09:09:37 am »

That should work pretty good for the raw materials, thanks for the tip!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 20, 2012, 10:10:01 am »

How stable is the mod right now? Has the most recent bugs been fixed or is that something you'll do for the next version?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 81