Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185901 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #240 on: December 17, 2012, 08:45:41 am »

yep, they dig and they CAN eat meat, but you can't tan hides and noone is particularly good at butchering, infact.. they're pretty bad.

I should probably point out: ponies don't have access to underground plants, they should still exist, but you have to get to the cavern layer and harvest them yourself, so complete underground isolation might be hard. Also: several of the ponies industries are based around surface plants.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:51:36 am by Sorcerer »

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:58 am »

yep, they dig and they CAN eat meat, but you can't tan hides and noone is particularly good at butchering, infact.. they're pretty bad.

I should probably point out: ponies don't have access to underground plants, they should still exist, but you have to get to the cavern layer and harvest them yourself, so complete underground isolation might be hard. Also: several of the ponies industries are based around surface plants.
How am I supposed to supply my marksponies with leather gear?
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2012, 08:53:44 am »

you make fleece from wool, it's got the same material properties as leather and can be worked in a leatherworks, you'll have to get a magic loom to make it tho.
There are also better versions available, using wool and iron and gold respectively

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:09 am »

Did you fix the bugs with the Rainbow Refractor, Rainbow Extrapolator and golden fleece research?

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 17, 2012, 11:18:48 am »

huh, could have sworn I had fixed those... Thanks for reminding me!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3677116/DF/MLP/Research%20Hotfix.7z

The main zip has also been updated

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2012, 02:52:08 am »

There are barrels with apples in them and my ponies are hunting vermin for food. I even have the quality control station set up and running. What's wrong?
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2012, 03:09:09 am »

The applebucking is a bit terrible actually, lots of bugs with it and it could honestly do with a redesign, but seeming we have fruit trees upcoming in the next df version it's not a priority. The problem is the speed of which a seasoned applebucker would produce apples, I ended up adding the sorting and basketing as a counterbalance. A single apple isn't a meal, you need ten quality apples to make a basket of apples at the sorting station. This is fairly labor intensive work, and if interrupted to hunt for vermin, you might not be able to keep up the food production.
There's also problems with several sorters working together, so apples will not likely be a huge part of any sizable forts food production without extensive use of burrows to prevent cancellation spam as the sorters tend to fight over apples

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2012, 04:54:31 am »

The applebucking is a bit terrible actually, lots of bugs with it and it could honestly do with a redesign, but seeming we have fruit trees upcoming in the next df version it's not a priority. The problem is the speed of which a seasoned applebucker would produce apples, I ended up adding the sorting and basketing as a counterbalance. A single apple isn't a meal, you need ten quality apples to make a basket of apples at the sorting station. This is fairly labor intensive work, and if interrupted to hunt for vermin, you might not be able to keep up the food production.
There's also problems with several sorters working together, so apples will not likely be a huge part of any sizable forts food production without extensive use of burrows to prevent cancellation spam as the sorters tend to fight over apples
lol Well, what should be the main food staples? ie the Plump Helmets and Dwarven Ale.

Rhesus Pieces!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:18 am »

there are tons of plants, most are useful for different things, If you don't care about quality, and just want quick edible stuff, flowers and dandelions are quick, low value food, and dandelions even makes wine. Wheat has multiple uses and gives straw as a byproduct, which can be used in construction and crafts, but needs processing in a farmers workshop before you can use it. Outside that, you can grow turnips and carrots most of the year, potatoes grow all year but at the cost of a bit of quality.

The lower the quality the quicker the ponies will tire of them, note that ponies are not alcohol dependant and won't get any ill effects from drinking water instead of booze, so constructing several wells can often be quicker and more economic than making drinks, water also does not seem to have a quality, and as such, a bad thought associated with drinking it.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2012, 06:58:55 am »

This mod is fairly generous when it comes to farming.
So just embark with a good amount of every seed and grow every crop once you get 4 or more full time farmers ready.
The amount of variation negates any negative thought.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2012, 09:09:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rhesus Pieces!

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:59 am »

Cute picture! I really do like playing this mod, that's why I wanted to point out what wasn't working. I'm still relatively new to the whole game, but I'm having fun. (Even if I have to keep restarting because of the updates.)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 18, 2012, 12:27:21 pm »

Going completely underground is easy! You just have to channel down a layer and then set everyone to masonry and cover the ceiling.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 18, 2012, 02:12:24 pm »

Uh oh. I think I hit another bug. I can't mill sunflowers (I need to so I can get seeds to make soap). I know this because I set up a stockpile to only take sunflowers and linked it to the millstone. It cancels citing no millable plants. Or am I doing something wrong. I'm also getting some "seeds" with no description as to what they are.

EDIT: I just made some fleece from wool (so I could have some leather analogue laying around for moods).... but I got a ridiculous amount. It's registering as over 4000 hides. (It's causing the stocks screen to lag.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:08:39 pm by taliakirana »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 18, 2012, 05:18:51 pm »

augh, I had that problem but I thought I'd fixed it... let me look into it. Might be a day or two as I got some travel scheduled.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 81