Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 185926 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #270 on: December 20, 2012, 10:23:45 am »

From what I can see with my to-do list, it seems to be mostly fleece and stockpile stuff now. I haven't really had time to do any extensive beta testing on all the features, since this version was MOSTLY just changing the caste stuff and doing some bug fixes from previous versions.
Thanks to everyone who's contributed to the bug pile btw, and sorry it's been a buggy mess.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 20, 2012, 01:00:33 pm »

Has anybody managed to make cloud cloth? I researched it successfully, but the option isn't showing up on the magic loom. Does it need regular clouds, light clouds, or heavy clouds? (If it works, that could be another solution to my lack of flax and silk rose woes.) And I see the zebras showing up with jute and cotton clothing, wish they'd offer the seeds for sale. (I could have used some plant cloth earlier. I had a pony with good surgery and wound dressing skills go nuts because I didn't have any plant cloth.)

However, on the plus side I'm getting some nice steel stuff made. I've got my melee squad outfitted in steel armor and steel weaponry. (It's not masterwork quality, but it's still better than copper.)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2012, 01:31:58 pm »

Light cloud is used for clothing. Heavy is used for constructions and furniture. I think heavy is for furniture anyway.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 20, 2012, 02:34:52 pm »

As Maklak mentioned, you can add new items as tools or toys, then have the reactions produce them as a inorganic material with this template:

[INORGANIC:CRATE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_DESCRIPTOR_TEMPLATE] (Or STONE_DESCRIPTOR_TEMPLATE)
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:(Tool-Unopened Crates)]       (Tool or toy so you can tell what item type the stockpile needs at a glance)
   [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:SILVER]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:0:0]
   [MATERIAL_VALUE:1]

METAL_DESCRIPTOR_TEMPLATE is basically the METAL_TEMPLATE, but reclassified as [IS_STONE], instead of [IS_METAL] (So the item can't be melted down). As a result, all the materials appear in the stone materials list like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Allowing the sorting of new item types by material, instead of having all of them be crammed into a single stockpile or left in workshop.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 02:36:55 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 20, 2012, 09:49:44 pm »

Apparently I'm not allowed cloud cloth either. I researched it, twice in fact, built two different magic looms, and then rebuilt them twice. I never get an option to make cloud cloth. (I do see ironwool and golden fleece.) I have plenty of light clouds made, so that's not the problem. I checked the raws to be sure and it looks like light clouds are all I need. It'd be nice to know if anybody has successfully made any cloud cloth.

Also, got tired of the lag and clutter and used DFHack to destroy most of that fleece. I still have some, but I destroyed about 75% of it.

However my fort continues to be relatively stable. Tragically lost a metalsmith to a failed mood, because he wanted plant cloth. And a pegasus foal was killed by a were-warthog. I lucked out and the werebeast soon turned back into a buffalo... right after I'd managed to pull everybody else behind the walls and got my military stationed. Of course the werebeast showed up while I was working on extending the walls to enclose a bigger area, but at least I had the smarts to only put small gaps in the walls with doors.
I now have a total of 134 ponies with 93 adults, 16 foals, and 25 babies.

I also was experimenting with creating a rainbow. I note you say I need to extract rainbow juice, but that never shows up. Everythinng else works, but that final step never appears in the menu. (Which makes the rainbow extrapolator I built useless.) Of course, it's possible I'm doing something wrong.

I'm sorry I never seem to get out a post without pointing out something that's slightly broken. (Of course, that's my luck. If there's a way to break something in a game, I seem to stumble on it.) I am having fun despite the occasional bumps in the road.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 21, 2012, 05:05:15 am »

ah, don't be sorry, if anything, it should be me that should be sorry for releasing it in such a messy state..

The rainbow juice mostly works, I just seem to have forgotten to add the proper building to the reaction.
The good news there is that this is actually hotfixable, if you open up the reaction_weather.txt file in your save game, find the distill rainbow juice and add:

Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:PONY_RAINBOW_REFRACTOR:CUSTOM_R]

somewhere in the entry, It should show up the next time you load.

I'll be working on some other fixes today, and should have a major bug release version out soon.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 22, 2012, 09:04:49 pm »

Thanks to the fix you posted I can make rainbow juice now. But... the extract color options aren't working on the extrapolator... I don't think I've noticed anything else overtly broken. (At least I'm contributing by finding the broken things?)

Oh, my fort just got promoted to a barony. (I found a pony with no real skills and who liked easy things for the position. I think it's funny that all she's done so far is ban the export of buckets. And the mayor has currently banned export of boxes and bags.) I have a population of 189 ponies with 126 adults, 34 foals, and 29 babies. And I had a minor accident while I was taking down some walls. I expanded my walls earlier, now I'm taking down the former exterior walls. When I removed the fortifications and floor above, I forgot to wait for the blocks to be moved before I designated the walls to come down. Nopony was seriously hurt, but there were some bumps and bruises. I have a nice hospital set up, but it's not getting used. Aside from some ponies napping there while I was expanding the living quarters.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 23, 2012, 04:59:32 am »

that's another oversight when I changed from lugging the rainbow around to extracting the rainbow juice.

In the reaction_weather.txt file, find and replace [CONTAINS:rainbow] to [CONTAINS:rainbow juice]. Should sort out the remaing issues there.

Made a couple of changes here and there including loosening the biome restrictions on some of the more important plants (strangely enough, most usable plants are actually tropical or sub-tropical in the real world.)

also fixed a number of small bugs here and there, added some proper material numbers for the fleece types and reduced the number of standard fleece pelts you get from one wool from 20000 to 1. The other two fleeces give two pelts, as there are two material inputs.

Time permitting I'll see about giving changelings some interactions and putting them in a Civ.

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 25, 2012, 05:10:38 am »

From the Ravages of the Discord, Celestia, shield us
From the Lies of the Changeling, Luna, protect us
From the Weakness of the Spirit, Friendship, cleanse us
From the Tyrrany of the Crystal Lord, Love, preserve us
From this Loneliness,
Solar Princess set us free
This day going to be perfect!

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 25, 2012, 05:35:22 am »

Love the update, thanks for great work!
No unicorn magick and changelings yet, thou.. I'll wait =)
This day going to be perfect!

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 26, 2012, 10:25:56 am »

How powerful is crystal weaponry and armour? And ironwool? I'm not sure if I should use steel or one of those instead.

I don't have access to flax too, and the zebra caravan hasn't brought any either. However, I went overboard with silk roses and now I have more silk than I need, so that's not a huge problem. Once I get the magic loom and dye industry up and running it's pimped out golden silk stuff for everypony! I'm also going to look into the cloud clothing issue later on.

Oh, and does the removal of the alcohol dependency tag mean a vampire fortress is now much more feasible?

Anyway, good to see an update is coming, thanks for your great work!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 26, 2012, 01:30:45 pm »

ironwool has the same deflective properties as iron, but i think the layer is slightly thinner.
for the time being crystal is pretty close to steel, iirc the weapons are slightly sharper but the armor is a bit more brittle and slightly worse against blunt weapons compared to steel.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 26, 2012, 08:26:33 pm »

I did make the change you suggested, but the extract color options still aren't working. I'm amazed my current fort is still hanging on. I haven't dug very deep yet, though I am setting up a segregated and trapped shaft to do so. I had enough spearponies hanging around I forged steel spears and armor for them and set up a squad. One kind of suffered an unfortunate accident when I decide to station the melee ponies around a caged Diamond Dog. I wanted to kill it so it'd be out of its misery. (I think it'd been sitting in that cage for a year.) The poor pony lost her left hindleg. (I bet she failed to pick up her armor.) However, she seems to have been a quick healer and is already back to training.

Also, this is likely to qualify as a dumb question... what's padding for? I see the option to make it, but I don't know why I would.

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2012, 12:06:56 am »

Just for Fun, I decided to try and merge MLF:LIM with my Arsenal mod, and this happened:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/25361588/errorlog.txt

This is before I added any of my files. I just started DF and ran Arena mode.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:59 am »

yeah, i am aware of that, I was overzealous with Replace All during a fix, it's been fixed locally, I'll get the bugfixes up as soon as I can but things have been pretty busy here with family and stuff, so I haven't had much time.
Flying home tomorrow tho, so I should have the fix up over the weekend, hopefully with everything fixed so I can think about NEW features to inevitably break everything again :P
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 81