Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28780 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 14: Samurai]
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »

((Yay for not going into the negatives!

Boo for being left alone to die XD

...Am I dead?))
((Not yet, but quite likely in a moment.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:33 pm »

Commence intrapersonal adventure. First step: Think of why I even did that. Hope for aid.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2012, 11:54:48 pm »

Try to save Aira's body, dragging it off and away from the snail to the same point the other corpse was left.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:12:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:32 pm »

Turn 15: Mine!

Internally celebrate having the ability to go my favorite direction again, as I go my favorite direction again.
You arrive at another T-intersection, with the wall on your left and paths to your right and forward again. Some guy rushes from the forward to go down the right. Curious.

"Well, don't think that's an abomination designed to rupture our souls and deface our bodies. I'll go investigate it."
Cautiously investigate it.
[3] It's... vaguely human-shaped, you think. Maybe a body? Or a foul mimic trying to lure you in?!

Pry. It. Off.
You pry off the stuff, finding that it breaks away in sheetlike chunks. It's a little hard to get a grip, but not particularly difficult to wrench free once you've got it.

Gossamer Stuff obtained.

Head down a random passageway, looking for a weapon of some kind.
You head down a passageway and arrive at a T-intersection again. This one's slightly different, however, in that there's a giant slab of smooth stone set into the wall where a passage would be if this T was a four-way instead. It has a slightly raised circle with a keyhole in it.

Commence intrapersonal adventure. First step: Think of why I even did that. Hope for aid.
[4] You dream vaguely of being rescued by your comrades.

Leave the corpse and try to save Aira's body, dragging it off and away from the snail to the same point the other corpse was left.
[3] vs [6] You slip a bit while running, and have to slow down to round the corner. As a result, by the time you arrive the snail has already begun feasting, its hunger ravenous after that beating.

[6] vs [6] You try to grab her corpse anyway, and get into a vicious tug of war with each end of the body.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 15: Mine!]
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2012, 05:13:06 pm »

Verock gave a heavy, aggravated sigh as Matthew ran off.
"Damn it. Get back here!"
Find and help the kid (matthew) , then return to the pile of rubbish.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:35 pm »

Follow the person by going right yet again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2012, 05:16:02 pm »

"Leave her be, you monster!" Matthew shouted, anger transparent on his face.

Attack the snail.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2012, 09:27:01 pm »

"Interesting..."

Examine this slab and keyhole closely and then head left.

((Can we get a map or something? I'm lost...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2012, 09:53:24 pm »

((Am I dead-dead now, or just having a critical wound in addition to the wounds made by unconscious state?

Thanks everyone XD))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2012, 10:24:07 pm »

((Part of that's intentional. :3

Of course, a map wouldn't help you anyway, because you got lost ultra-intentionally.))

((Am I dead-dead now, or just having a critical wound in addition to the wounds made by unconscious state?

Thanks everyone XD))
((It's probably physically possible, but you're pretty much feasted upon.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2012, 10:27:23 pm »

((Nuuuuu!

So...dead? Wait, don't answer me. I'll just see if one of you waste spend an action to check.))

Wirevix

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammered Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2012, 10:08:44 am »

((Sorry for disappearing a bit.  I now have absolutely no idea where Morry is!))

Realizing he's been left behind by everyone moving around, Morry gets rather nervous.

Start trying to find my way to at least one of the others.
In other news, the trees in my game can have invisible sex.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2012, 10:30:41 am »

((Y'know, I just noticed.

We've limited lives here, and I don't think this is a competition type RTD where victor rules supreme.

Limited lives == We'll dwindle one by one until we work as a team. Look at how we grow stronger.

Also, save me please. Feasting =/= Death! It's just...I'm getting prepared to DIE!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2012, 01:25:15 am »

Turn 16: Snaildome

"Leave her be, you monster!" Matthew shouted, anger transparent on his face.

Attack the snail.
[2] vs [5] You flail uselessly at the snail. It weaves and prepares to strike.

[3+1] vs [1] Its attack is fluid, graceful, and lightning quick. The last thing you see is the snail's open maw racing towards you.

You almost think you hear a vaguely disappointed sounding "Hmph," as you fade into the darkness.

Verock gave a heavy, aggravated sigh as Matthew ran off.
"Damn it. Get back here!"
Find and help the kid (matthew) , then return to the pile of rubbish.
[6] vs [6] You vigorously charge the snail, but it slides back faster than you'd seen it move previously.

Follow the person by going right yet again.
You follow the person, and see him fail to hit the snail before the snail fails to fail to hit him back. Another man runs up and fails to hit it also.

"Interesting..."

Examine this slab and keyhole closely and then head left.

[5] The slab definitely looks like a doorway, and the keyhole is definitely the only visible way to open it. You can't swear it actually is a door or that there definitely is a key, but there's some pretty elaborate deception or symbolism going on here if not.

You head left while facing the slab and wind up at a corner leading left.

((Sorry for disappearing a bit.  I now have absolutely no idea where Morry is!))

Realizing he's been left behind by everyone moving around, Morry gets rather nervous.

Start trying to find my way to at least one of the others.
Having loitered around the corner with the rock or trash or something in it, you are in a prime position to follow Matthew and Verock, and witness both of their failed attacks on the snail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 16: Snaildome]
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:24 am »

((It would be better if everyone attacked the snail. That way, we'd be facing less casualties.

Or it was just a stupid move on my part to attack it because it kills us all and begins feasting on us...

Sloooowly. :-\

Gladly, GM didn't say we're dead yet so... [/demandshope]

Darn'it Irony, you really know how to keep the tension here. XD))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:24:00 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14