Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76798 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 5: All Subjects Unharmed
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2012, 05:46:59 pm »

Still nothing. Not completely convinced on Jim, Hapah said something ominous about targeting him last night, Tiruin's my first guess at scum.

Tibbers did die in the night, however.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 08, 2012, 05:48:18 pm »

Alright.

Tir, your action? (likely won't get a response for a few hours, I'd guess, but it's all good)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 08, 2012, 08:29:27 pm »

I hid; as far as I can tell no one came a-knocking. Yes, I'm willing to bet Tiruin is the scum.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 08, 2012, 11:11:29 pm »

PFP - At work.

Alright.

Tir, your action? (likely won't get a response for a few hours, I'd guess, but it's all good)
*Points at timezones.

I Protected Jim Groovester, seeing as he had nothing else to act on and he had something that would probably stop my guess - redirecting or plain NK'ing. Obviously, Jim wasn't targeted.

Also, planning to Body Swap IronyOwl today to be sure he claims what he said as..it's only by his word that we know. Who wants to volunteer?

Everyone: Reasons on suspicions?
@Jim: Why didn't you use your action?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 08, 2012, 11:13:08 pm »

Addendum: Just saw that note Book, I couldn't vote yesterday because timezones, actually. Went to sleep after posting, got up 8 hours later for Uni, then when I returned in break - day end.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:34 pm »

Yeah, I figured Tir. S'why I said what I said!

The way I see it, a swap between Ironyowl and Jim would be best. I can't see either of their claimed roles being scum roles, and a swap between them would out the liar. If one of them is lying that obviously clears Tir, and if they're both telling the truth...well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. And since it's a day action, we can act on it with a lynch.

Sound reasonable, everyone?

(And please be careful with the votes, folks. We've got plenty of time to talk and a few things to do, no sense in getting reckless now.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:01 pm »

Err...yeah. The point is, Irony and Jim are on the tops of my suspect list. Jim for 'not using his action', while Irony for what had occurred in the past days.

Anywhoo, in my eyes you and Book are mostly clear. Bookthras has that one damn role which he uses to actually help us, but...cannot claim due to Mod shenanigans. Knowing the guy, if he's scum and uses dirty dirty tactics such as that, then that strikes against stuff out-of-game. like his personal honor...You, have that Big Red Button and claimed so.

Also, what did Deity do anyway? *Tiruin is curious. Jim knows about it somehow (yeah, your Spy thing doesn't say anything on it), but isn't saying anything on it. Unless I'm getting my sentence construction wrong again.

(Night, 1-shot) : Spy: I learn who the target targeted and with what and who was targetting the target. This comes at the cost of 1 recruit.

That sounds reasonable for me but I want to hear from everyone else first.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 08, 2012, 11:38:43 pm »

Sure, but I very much doubt they're both scum. That'd make 4 scum in a 14-player game. I'd bet good money there's only one scum left, and since I doubt either of their claimed roles are scum roles it would out the liar.

And if both of their roles are as advertised then, well, that's an entirely new conversation. There's an outside chance Book is pulling some crazy-ass scum gambit, but I believe his Survivor claim.

As for Deity (Goddess, actually, since claiming ability names is fine apparently), I think I'll let Jim claim it for me, since he says he knows what it does. I'd really prefer that you hold off until after the swap, though, Jim.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 08, 2012, 11:53:00 pm »

Hapah:
The way I see it, a swap between Ironyowl and Jim would be best. I can't see either of their claimed roles being scum roles, and a swap between them would out the liar. If one of them is lying that obviously clears Tir, and if they're both telling the truth...well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. And since it's a day action, we can act on it with a lynch.
I don't understand what this accomplishes, especially since if Jim's lying and I'm not, he'll get an instalynch. Sure, you out one of us if we're lying- not just scum, mind you, but lying scum- and if not... uh... well...

Tiruin:
Jim for 'not using his action'
What's suspicious about this?

Irony for what had occurred in the past days.
Being?

Also, Bookthras isn't under mod restrictions not to claim, he's just being a facetious asshole.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 08, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »

Your as yet unexplained N2 targeting of Bookthras when you claimed to target Hapah.

Or, in other words, liar liar pants on fire.

I already said.

I did nothing. I couldn't figure out a target that would have an appreciable benefit. I.E.,

Bookthras - Hell no, also, wouldn't do anything
Tiruin - I suspect he's the final scum, don't want to make him immune to redirects
Hapah - Ha yeah great idea
IronyOwl - Wouldn't do anything

So I sat on my hands.

Why do you think it's either me or IronyOwl when Tiruin has the unexplained N2 visit to Bookthras instead of Hapah like he claimed?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 09, 2012, 12:00:01 am »

I'd really prefer that you hold off until after the swap, though, Jim.
I'm guessing it's given via PM to him so if he says it right now, then asks Irony to repeat it in verbatim...Wait, good point.

Sure, but I very much doubt they're both scum.
Suspicions.

Anyway, why did you rename Goddess if I may ask?

@Bookthras: I'm betting the ability you used last night was a repeatable action? Not a ONe-shot? Something you used in the nights preceding that?

If yes: make out words from the first four letters of the alphabet. If no: Then just quote the request with a blank.

PPE

Tiruin:
Jim for 'not using his action'
What's suspicious about this?

Irony for what had occurred in the past days.
Being?

Also, Bookthras isn't under mod restrictions not to claim, he's just being a facetious asshole.
@Third: Is that meta?

@Second: The thing with you and that bear, and your auto skill once I read over it. 50% redirect kill to self? I'll type up the details later, have to go now.

@First: Judging by TolyK's words, Jim's ability is beneficial to the town moreso than scum -
(Night) Camouflage: I pick a target and that target is immune to redirects, randomizations, and roleblocks. I can spend a recruit to protect the target and prevent him from using kill actions.
Now how can that be beneficial for scum when nobody among us have claimed any of the bolded abilities? Worst case scenario - null. Best case scenario, whatever this madness is causing (not looking like Book's reflect/whatever), it seems like we're having something along those lines. Seeing the past roles, they didn't have abilities related to the above, but only in the scumteam.

Also,
I did nothing. I couldn't figure out a target that would have an appreciable benefit. I.E.,

Tiruin - I suspect he's the final scum, don't want to make him immune to redirects

So I sat on my hands.
These details. Very informative.

PPE again.

Your as yet unexplained N2 targeting of Bookthras when you claimed to target Hapah.

Or, in other words, liar liar pants on fire.

I already said.

So I sat on my hands.

Why do you think it's either me or IronyOwl when Tiruin has the unexplained N2 visit to Bookthras instead of Hapah like he claimed?
So you shift attention to something I have no damn idea about?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 09, 2012, 12:45:53 am »

Jim:
I don't. But since I'm probably the most confirmed townie among us, and Tir can't self-target (if memory serves, correct me if I'm wrong), it's a pretty short list for Body Swap targets. And since I buy Book's claim, that only leaves you two.

IO:
Hapah:
I don't understand what this accomplishes, especially since if Jim's lying and I'm not, he'll get an instalynch. Sure, you out one of us if we're lying- not just scum, mind you, but lying scum- and if not... uh... well...
If you're both town, then no harm done. If one of you is lying scum, he'll get outed (and even if Jim was scum and picked up your insta-lynch, it'd still cost him the game). If one of you is honest scum, well, we'll have that conversation when we arrive. Neither of your roles smell like scum roles, though.

Basically, it just keeps you both honest. It might have no impact, it might win the game right away, it might just give us more confirmed information. I think the benefits are there.

Quote from: Tir
Anyway, why did you rename Goddess if I may ask?
Mostly because I didn't know if I could quote my PM verbatim. It had the added benefit of giving a lot of weigh to Jim's N2 action claim, but that was entirely by accident.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 09, 2012, 06:22:11 am »

I'll be busy until Monday due to family matters, spending a very special day with them over the weekend. Just a note ahead if I don't reply soon-ish.

Though, will be back before day end.

Jim:
I don't. But since I'm probably the most confirmed townie among us, and Tir can't self-target (if memory serves, correct me if I'm wrong), it's a pretty short list for Body Swap targets. And since I buy Book's claim, that only leaves you two.
Err, 'I don't?' What does that answer? Yes I can't self-target, and why do you buy Book's claim? All he says = he hid.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 09, 2012, 10:04:26 am »

PFP

Tir: Jim thought my primary suspects were himself and IO; they're not. And I buy the essence of Book's overall claim (Survivor).

Extend, we can hammer if we don't need it. I'll be gone this weekend until Sunday evening.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 09, 2012, 05:22:02 pm »

Extend too
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 40