Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: BYOR 10 - Game Over: Town/Survivor Win  (Read 76677 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Day 1: WUBA Protocol MAFIA
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:51 am »

Dariush:  Is quicktopic working for you?
Dunno, haven't checked it in ages.

Jim, do you imply that participating in RVS while knowing your wincon is somehow more productive than doing the same without knowing it?

Toaster:
I did put care into the post. Not as much as I would have if this wasn't a game defined by unpredictable bullshit, but that makes it a perfect place to NUKE9.13 it up and do radical shit like not ask the same RVS questions every game.

You call that post radical?  I call it lazy.
Why are you ignoring obvious sarcasm?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 10 - Sign-Ups [14 / 13+]
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2012, 08:26:37 am »

Vote Count
------------------------
Think0028 - Jim Groovester,
Deathsword -
IronyOwl -
penngo009 -
Bookthras - Think0028,
Hapah - Deathsword,
Urist Imiknorris -
Tiruin - Toaster,
Dariush - Shakerag,
TolyK -
Toaster - Tiruin, Dariush,
Shakerag -
Jim Groovester - zombie urist,
zombie urist -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - IronyOwl, penngo009, Bookthras, Hapah, Urist Imiknorris, TolyK,

8 To Hammer. Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:50 am »

Jim:
Urist Imiknorris, would you like to do my Probability homework?
Sure, if you'll do my dynamics homework. Are you any good with forced harmonic motion?

As many as necessary to get out of the RVS. As we are not out of the RVS yet, Think0028 clearly has not asked enough.
Why go after the person who has asked two as opposed to the person or persons (like me) who have asked even fewer?

zombie urist:
No the correct move is to ask good questions.
Define good questions.

IronyOwl: Lurk moar. Also, what two abilities are you most afraid of?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2012, 09:57:17 am »

PFP

Toaster: Alright, I'll bite. What sort of response would have been scummy?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2012, 10:49:23 am »

Dariush:
Why are you ignoring obvious sarcasm?

Because I want to hear his response to my response.

Hapah:
Toaster: Alright, I'll bite. What sort of response would have been scummy?

Jumping over it and trying to make a case out of it, pretty much.  Jim hit the nail on the head- it's pretty much a null question, so the only "wrong" answer is overreaction.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2012, 10:54:58 am »

Toaster
Tiruin:  Why are you always scum, including this game?
I'm not scum, nor am I always scum: mod shenanigans in the past, probably? You seem to forget when I'm town.  :P

Anyway, Toaster: I've seen you ask this question in many games before this; what do you hope to gain by asking such?

So you blame a mod conspiracy for being scum?  Interesting- an almost paranoid attitude.  Same reason I ask any RVS- to provoke a response that sheds light on the alignment on someone.
Mod conspiracy...wat? How does that [whole post] shed light on anything? Also, not paranoid. Just stating that (somehow), I think most people are apt to remember me more as scum than town. I was town for more than I was actually scum, counting back.

Hapah:  I haven't read my role PM as I write this.  What significance does that hold to you?
Your role has a factor in writing an intangible question?
Should it?  Shouldn't it?  For me, no.  Scumhunting is scumhunting regardless of my role.  Isn't it for you?
I didn't ask anything of scumhunting. I asked about the essence of your question there, as if you're relating yourself in...a really nebulous way. Perhaps to cause confusion?

Anyway, how does that relate to scumhunting and your role PM?

PPE: Oh. Still wonder why you worded it like such. Or...was the thing based on your meta about writing down whole lists of questions before anything?

Jim
IronyOwl, what useless RVS questions are you going to ask and to whom, and why them?
First, on what can you define a useless RVS question, and why say it to someone who hasn't even asked anything?

Second, why so interested in knowing the reasons behind a useless question?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2012, 11:17:10 am »

Tiruin:
Mod conspiracy...wat? How does that [whole post] shed light on anything? Also, not paranoid. Just stating that (somehow), I think most people are apt to remember me more as scum than town. I was town for more than I was actually scum, counting back.

Reaction test.  You responded with confusion, which is pretty much a pass for now.  Unvote Tiruin.

Hapah:  I haven't read my role PM as I write this.  What significance does that hold to you?
Your role has a factor in writing an intangible question?
Should it?  Shouldn't it?  For me, no.  Scumhunting is scumhunting regardless of my role.  Isn't it for you?
I didn't ask anything of scumhunting. I asked about the essence of your question there, as if you're relating yourself in...a really nebulous way. Perhaps to cause confusion?

Anyway, how does that relate to scumhunting and your role PM?

PPE: Oh. Still wonder why you worded it like such. Or...was the thing based on your meta about writing down whole lists of questions before anything?

Any question I ask is purposed to find scum.  They're inexorably linked in my mind.

The question was born out of said meta.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2012, 11:28:53 am »

ZU:
No the correct move is to ask good questions.
Which you're not doing either.  What's that say about you?
I did ask questions in my first post.

Define good questions.
There are many kinds of good questions so it's hard to come up with a specific definition, but good questions are usually require some thought and provoke responses that reveal something about the person answering.
Why are you calling IO for lurking when it's been less than 1 day since day 1?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2012, 11:30:12 am »

unvote

PPE:
What is this?
It looks like a question attached to an RVS vote to me.  What does it look like to you?

As for Shakerag I feel like(In my opinion) that mass claiming earlier does a better deal then late. Now I believe that because when people claim what they have done in the night, that it becomes a puzzle of figuring out who is lying, and I feel like that can be a reliable way of finding scum. Now, that isn't saying you can claim what you've done during the night as well.
So does that mean you'd like to call for a D1 massclaim?  Or a D2 massclaim?  Also, why aren't you voting anyone?

Hapah: Why aren't you voting anyone either?

Jim:  Do you feel you have received sufficient amounts of unpredictable bullshit so far?

Shakerag:
Toaster: Is it just me, or do you always ask queer RVS questions?

It gets boring asking the same old "Favorite scumteam?" questions.  I like a little variety in my RVS.
Preach it.  Also, if you could be granted immunity from the actions of one player for the rest of the game right now, who would it be and why?

Dunno, haven't checked it in ages.
Then how are you going to know what your scumbuddies are saying?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2012, 01:08:34 pm »

Bookthras: What kind of role/power are you most afraid of?
I know no fear.

Seriously, none in particular. I don't mind what I get, as long as it's interesting. Part of the fun is figuring out how to best use what tools you have. Or do you mean used against me? Same answer, really, people will do what they'll do, and the fun is in trying to act/predict/complement/counter/whatever in context rather than worrying about specifics beforehand.

Penngo: which alignment do you think would be more fun to play? easiest/hardest? are you happy with what you got and why?

Toaster: are you a miller? if you had a power like a paranormal stun bomb (which prevents most night actions), when would you use it?

TolyK: say you were town and had a one shot daykill, but you were about to be lynched and had no certainty of who's scum, would you rather die without using it or use it without certainty? why?

Deathsword: if you suspected the most voted player to be a jester, would you try to dissuade others from voting him? how?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2012, 03:34:17 pm »

Shakerag: Why are you voting Hapah over Penngo for not voting?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2012, 03:47:06 pm »

Penngo: which alignment do you think would be more fun to play? easiest/hardest? are you happy with what you got and why?
No alignment over another, to be honest. I think web would try to make all side as fun and as hard as the others. I mean of course I like what I got. It is unique like all the other roles, and seems to always have something I haven't seen in a role before(Though I haven't played tons of games to know if a role like mine has even existed).
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

penngo009

• Bay Watcher
  • <(<_<)><(^_^)><(>_<)><(v_v)><(>_>)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »

As for Shakerag I feel like(In my opinion) that mass claiming earlier does a better deal then late. Now I believe that because when people claim what they have done in the night, that it becomes a puzzle of figuring out who is lying, and I feel like that can be a reliable way of finding scum. Now, that isn't saying you can claim what you've done during the night as well.
So does that mean you'd like to call for a D1 massclaim?  Or a D2 massclaim?  Also, why aren't you voting anyone?

D1. As for why I'm not voting anyone... I guess I just didn't decide to throw around my vote.
League Of Legends NA-The Pengo
Just add me if you're up for some LoL.

Steam name- Pengoooo
Yes, exactly that amount of os in my name. Add me if you want to see if we have any of the same games that you'd want to play.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2012, 04:31:52 pm »

PFP

Catching a movie after work, will post when I get back.

UI: As an aside, I just want you to know I've been wearing a smile all day because of a memory I'd forgotten about. I had Dynamics, and the professor accidentally did The Thriller in class, lol. It took everything I had to not start laughing!

Shake: I'll have my vote out in my next post.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2012, 04:42:13 pm »

For some wierd reason the post I made earlier today vanished. Probably because my hard drive died and I had to buy a new one.

Anyway, it had a question to Tiruin, that I shall place here: Why are you answering some questions that weren't asked to you?

Book: I would state my suspicion that the player was a jester, and try to point out evidence for that, such as not really trying to defend themselves.

Also, unvote
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40