Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21332 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 02:22:14 pm »

((I've been tased once. Thats actually a pretty good description of what its like. -impressed-))
Grin once more, weakly.
Like some asshole tased me. *chuckle* Only kidding. -serious- Its like blacking out. You feel weightless for a moment, frozen, if you will, and then suddenly gravity rushes back to you and next thing you know you're on the floor. Can I have one?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2012, 04:01:53 pm »

"S-Solar Flare...?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

Wak up to the guy and challenge him to a Game Race. His choice.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:02 pm »

((How did I know his name was Gerome?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 04:10:45 pm »

((How did I know his name was Gerome?))
(Latent psionic abilities.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2012, 05:48:52 pm »

((Everybody wears nametags, don't you know?

*handwave*))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »

Weird...

Ria checked the map once again as she ascertained the notes and places of the facility. How can cake be classified as confidential?!

To the Medlab!

And upon entering: "Excuse me, you were asking for test subjects?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 10:47:33 pm »

Oh yes.

Spoiler: Sign up sheet! (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 10:48:32 pm »

Oh yes.

Spoiler: Sign up sheet! (click to show/hide)
(( :))
Toaster! ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

((Update?  :-\))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »

Update?  :-\
((Dwarmin is sleeping right now  :P Hold yer horses, sire! Give them time, handling people takes more effort!))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

Update?  :-\
((Dwarmin is sleeping right now  :P Hold yer horses, sire! Give them time, handling people takes more effort!))
((Aye. (remembers he is GMing his own game. *facepalm*) ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

((Sunday I'm literally booked with games already :P Of all the days, it's the least likely for to update on. Will get around to turn now, hopefully!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 02:18:07 am »

Alexendre trains his rifle onto where he knows his target is hiding, letting his tongue run over his teeth as he aims. Suddenly, his aim hesitates and he pulls away from his rifle. A single thought runs through his brain. A single, awful thought

I don't want to die...

He pulls his rifle from the ground, turns around and crawls through his cover, still remaining dead silent. With a shake of his head, he dismisses the thoughts coursing through his brain, those of failure, those of abandonment.

I'll get him next time...

~BZZZZZZ~

Alexandre hears an alarm go off-from everywhere and no where. The world seemingly melts away...to reveal the walls of the Holographic Training room at X-COM. His sense of gravity and positioning wobble for a moment, then stabilize, an incredibly nauseating effect-the first time he did this, he lost his lunch. His stomach flips, but he keeps calm this time, breathing deeply.

A redheaded woman with a clipboard steps into the room-your countries Liaison to X-COM, Abella Laome. She speaks in your general direction, seemingly without noticing you-as she usually does. You've been here for almost a month, tied in red tape while the French Government shuffles their feet about signing the X-COM accords and allowing you to fight in the field.

"...well, that's certainly interesting. Your self preservation overrides mission objectives almost 80% of the time. You don't like to take risks. You're loyalty would be considered questionable, if you didn't believe in your objective. An oddly...selfish mindset for a soldier.

...I stress, this is not a failure-we were learning about you, is all."

She pauses to look at you, her eyes radiating calm. "The question is, did you learn anything about yourself?"
=====================================================================

((I've been tased once. Thats actually a pretty good description of what its like. -impressed-))
Grin once more, weakly.
Like some asshole tased me. *chuckle* Only kidding. -serious- Its like blacking out. You feel weightless for a moment, frozen, if you will, and then suddenly gravity rushes back to you and next thing you know you're on the floor. Can I have one?

He shakes his head, extending a hand to help you off the ground.

"No can do, unfortunately-this is the only prototype. If you got yourself melted or dropped it in a lake, I'd lose months of work.

That said, we do have some toys you might like. Since you were such a sport, why don't you pick one and I'll say it fell of a truck somewhere, hmm?

But I warn you-experimental is experimental for a reason. At your risk, sir."
He mentions.

He leads you to a weapons locker in a side passage, placing his hand on a scanner...

Quote from: Current Prototype Weapons
1. Direct Energy Projection Canister (Dep-Can)
This here...it's pretty wild. Might as well call it an 'laser flamethrower'-it projects wide energy blasts of thermal energy. See, you place the gauntlets-the ones that look like bearclaws-on your left and right hands, and that big canister on your back-then you pretend you're Ironman.

Light than a standard thrower, better melting power-and never runs out of ammo. You could run this all day-in theory-and all it would require is a plug in.

Problems. You can't run it all day-it overheats almost every 1/4 shots-not too reliable, yet. It generates so much heat you can't even wear armor without getting broiled...and stray shots tend to ignite the can if they hit it, too.

Equipment Req: 2 STR, 1 INIT
Close Quarters

2. Explosive Rod Rotary Cannon (Fragger)
Our own...uh, improvement on the Auto-Cannon. Which hasn't been seen in at least a decade, I know.

I amped it up with explosive cored depleted uranium rods, and increased the rate of fire by 500%. Heh. Short range, highly lethal-armor won't help you against this. Eats through ammo like...well, think of your own thing, something about a fat guy. Really heavy! Has to be reloaded after every three bursts, more or less.

I like it but results are...mixed. I haven't fixed a problem with the dud rounds yet-something to do with the harmonics, I think-and it shoots pretty wild, a Hell of a kick. Last guy about near killed his own team with this thing. He killed a bunch of aliens too, though-so it equals out, right?

Equipment Req: 3 STR
Heavy Weapon

He lets you choose any weapon you like, with a small smile on his face. "Just make sure to record your in-field observations, okay?"

"S-Solar Flare...?"

There is a suddenly flash of light, and you are momentarily blinded-when you stop blinking, you hear the hiss of a door opening. At least five people are standing outside, looking in curiously. Somewhat disturbingly, he hears echoes in his mind, still. Three of them speak right away, before you can even respond.

"...Mr. Carr? Are you alright?" Says a tall secretary type woman with brown hair. She sounds sort of familiar. Drive my car

"Of course he's alright. And he actually passed the test! A real psychic, who would have thought?" A heavyset bookish sort of men proclaims, clapping and grinning. Ms Cleo faker lucky guess who cheated cheater cheating cheat

"Sorry for the inconvenience, Mr. Carr. We just had to test you-and you passed. Fastest anyone ever has." Says the last man-a soldier-thin, mustached, lean like a hawk. loverloverloverherlovelove

Wak up to the guy and challenge him to a Game Race. His choice.

He puts down his energy drink with real authority.

"Oh, you're on. No, don't even tell me your name. It's better if we're enemies. Let's start classic-Quake 3 Deathmatch. I'm going to make you cry. Let's get it on."

He didn't pause to take a breath or stop typing. Uh...

Weird...

Ria checked the map once again as she ascertained the notes and places of the facility. How can cake be classified as confidential?!

To the Medlab!

And upon entering: "Excuse me, you were asking for test subjects?"

A unnaturally tall man with a white coat looks up. His nametag says Dr. Leif.

"Oh yes. You're hear to test the Izo Combat Drug? You're new, right?" He asks innocently.

Meanwhile...

Lake Taladar catches the strange bomb easily. It's an Alien Explosive device. He's never seen anything like it.

First day at X-COM. Fun.

"Hey, yer the explosive expert, right?" says a grating voice-hiding behind a blast shield 30 feet away. "Tell us what you can figure about that."

He nods. The device is well...alien. But as he slowly takes it apart, he begins to make a little sense of it-using his knowledge of explosives and scant biology. It's sort of an organic bomb. Organs produce explosive fluids, which are mixed by a crude circulatory system and a rudimentary heart. It has a digestive system, interestingly-and simple sensory organs, likely picking up air and electrical currents.

Numerous empty pockets line the skin-probably compressed gas of some sort. He'd guess corrosive-it melts the organ, mixes the chemicals, sets off the bomb...this one is mostly inert, but there might be enough propellant for...

The device shivers-he can feel a hissing, like escaping air-but it smells like...methane. And it's growling

Lake freezes on instinct.

Now what?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:20:19 am by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18