Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread  (Read 21324 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-com/On Base RP Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 08:48:56 pm »

(Is this ok?)

Name: Ed Carr
Stats: STR: 0 / DEX: 0 / END: 2 / INT: 1 / WILL: 2
Skills: Sniper 2 / Auxiliary 1
Bio: After distinguishing himself in basic training with his sharpshooting skills, PFC Carr was sent to the UNA Psionic Potential Program, which he graduated from two years later as one of the most promising potential psions the program had ever seen.  After that there was only one place for Ed to go - X-COM.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 05:16:33 am »

((Looks good Remalle :) ))

Ed Carr finds himself in a pitch back room. He can feel the chair underneath him, and the table in front of him-cold metal, but there is no light and no sound whatsoever. The last thing he remembers is taking a drink from an awfully pretty X-COM recruiter. Then darkness, now darkness.

Well. What does he do?

Meanwhile...

Johann passes by the Rec Rooms, finding a freight elevator that takes him down to the training level. It chugs unhealthily, as if older than the facility around it-something that sticks in his mind.

In time, he makes his way past VR and the shooting range (where he can see a few X-COM guards in their blue uniforms practicing their pistol shots) to the Experimental Weapons Range-denoted by the EWR symbol on the door. Taking initiative, he reaches out and pulls the primed handle to it's immediate left downward, for while the doors use electronic assistance to be opened, they can function even in a power outage-with a bit of strength.

He enters a flat room with hexagonal grey floor tiles, a high ceiling, and bright lights-it's about the size of a football field. There are multiple concrete bullseye targets lining either end-most of which seem scorched. He squints a bit, then notices the tiny lights are actually cameras...multiple viewing windows offer a birds eye perspective down to the field. It seems abandoned, but for the man in the center-tinkering with a taser like device, sitting cross legged on the floor.

Suspiciously bird-like, slender with brown hair and eyes-wearing a thick pair of glasses perched in his nose. He only notices you after a moment.

"...well, well, well. You're new, aren't you?" He says, with no sense of timing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 07:02:11 am »

Ria excused herself, moving to the Research floor!

The woman was a really interesting person. Even though she was assigned with welcoming duty, there was a certain tone in her voice that pointed out her interest in the recruits, and in the whole facility.

This would be really interesting.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:50 am »

Ed shakes his head groggily, straining to see any sort of light, hear any sort of sound.
Easy... did this sorta thing all the time in Basic.  Right?
Test my movement range.  Am I restrained?  If so, test the restraints and the chair.  If not, try and feel the walls and my surroundings.
"Hey.  Anyone out there?  Ya forgot to turn on the lights."

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 10:56:16 am »

Well, se ya!

Go to the Internet Connection-y place.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 11:26:36 am »

Approach him politely, hands clasped behind my back while looking around curiously.
Yes sir. This is quite the facility you have.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:59 pm »

Ria excused herself, moving to the Research floor!

The woman was a really interesting person. Even though she was assigned with welcoming duty, there was a certain tone in her voice that pointed out her interest in the recruits, and in the whole facility.

This would be really interesting.

Ria made her way out of the rec-floor, and down the lift elevator-it was empty, except for her. In fact, she noted the base was fairly uninhabited. She'd have thought there would be more people around, at least.

Upon exiting, she was confronted with a simple holographic base map, pointing her to different areas-and there were also small notes, no doubt placed there by the personnel.

General Storage
Medlab (Test Subjects wanted!)
Research Core (Archives opened for New Agents)
Main Engineering
Alien Containment
Aircraft Construction (Brain Storm Seminar Today)
No Admittance

---
...Has anyone seen Scrapper? He's an Orange Tom with Black stripes. :( Please contact Dr. Regus if you see him...

...Testing Izo Ampules in Med-Bay. Need willing test subjects. Dr. Leif...

...Please do not enter Alien Containment. Security lock=down is currently under effect while we double check our systems. Head Int...

...Can someone check power levels with Geo? We're getting periodic blackouts down here...

...Dr. Frieda's Birthday this Sunday-meet us in Bughunt for a party. We got cake, but that's classified as to how....

Ed shakes his head groggily, straining to see any sort of light, hear any sort of sound.
Easy... did this sorta thing all the time in Basic.  Right?
Test my movement range.  Am I restrained?  If so, test the restraints and the chair.  If not, try and feel the walls and my surroundings.
"Hey.  Anyone out there?  Ya forgot to turn on the lights."

There is no answer.

Flexing your arms, you feel no restraints-so you stand up and circle the room, feeling the walls. Doing some quick math, you'd guess the room is at least 8x8 wide. You think you can feel the faint impression of a door on one wall, but can't be sure.

Well, se ya!

Go to the Internet Connection-y place.

It's not far-you find a full multimedia center not far away from the Bughunt Bar and Grill-there's about two dozen top of the line computer systems laid out in a laboratory fashion. All the multimedia entertainment you could ever need!

It's mostly empty now though, except for one guy-he's wearing a blue security outfit, with an unbuttoned shirt. He's typing furiously and downing an energy drink. Really putting the cliche full tilt.

Approach him politely, hands clasped behind my back while looking around curiously.
Yes sir. This is quite the facility you have.

"I know, right? After all, I helped build it. Whats your name anyway? I'm guessing your a new blood Squaddie, right?"

He falls silent again, working on his taser-like device efficiently.

((OOC: Also, Orb has said you'll all get a chance for a +1 skill-up if you pass the VR challenge in-base in between your missions. He also said I have to make it very hard-and you should probably do it together, though I'd allow a person to try and do it by themselves. But don't expect to win. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2012, 12:49:42 pm »

This new blood's name is Johann. You can call me Joe if you like. Americans seem to prefer that to my given name.. Say, whats that you've got there?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 12:50:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 12:55:43 pm »

Ed frowns in the dark and fumbles his way back to the chair.  He sits down, back straight, arms on the table, eyes forward.
Wait for something to happen.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 01:03:36 pm »

This new blood's name is Johann. You can call me Joe if you like. Americans seem to prefer that to my given name.. Say, whats that you've got there?

"Well, it's properly called Concussive Applied Force Baton, of as some like to call it the 'Caf-Bat'. Sort of a stun stick for the new era. This is the first working prototype, actually-my design. I looked into the propulsion units we captured from one of those crashed UFO's in Mumbai, got the idea to use it as a weapon.

Packs a hell of a wallop-but I've been having trouble with the charge. Also got a bit of...a kick, you could say? Heh. I damn near broke my arm first time I used it. Lowered the power since then, but that's not exactly what I call progress.

...You here to try it out, Squaddie? I promise, it's non-lethal. More or less."

Ed frowns in the dark and fumbles his way back to the chair.  He sits down, back straight, arms on the table, eyes forward.
Wait for something to happen.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Hmm. The darkness and silence must have begun to get on your nerves. You could swear you were hearing something for a moment...

Your internal clock counts ten minutes, and nothing happens. Keep waiting?

Meanwhile...

Alexandre L'Cielle feels a bead of sweat drip down his brow. His sniper rifle is steady, though-his hands aren't shaking, yet.

Indeed, the mission has gone bad. Fast.

He's got at least a dozen hostiles triangulating his position, he guesses-if he moves too fast, he's dead-if he breathes loud, he's dead. Shadowy figures, looming in the mist....but they haven't found him yet. He's still got his shot. He knows the mission-one must die, so that others may live. One bullet, one kill.

All the One to do is poke his head out...

On the other hand. No one asked him to die needlessly for this mission-there will be another day, another battle. If he's going to get out of here, he'll have to do it now. Right now. Or wait to see what happens.

What does he do?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 01:11:31 pm by Dwarmin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 01:08:03 pm »

"Who's there?"
Keep listening.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 01:14:54 pm »

Grin.
Sure. If you let me do some..field-testing..on the next mission.
Gird your loins and step back. Point at the centre of your chest and cover your face. Wait for the impact.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 01:31:35 pm »

"Who's there?"
Keep listening.

You listen intently.

At first nothing...than a low murmur. Like many voices, speaking at once. It gives you an immediate and sharp migraine, but you can make out words. It's inside your head.

...who is this guy who who who is he thinks he's a psychic Miss Cleo take yer readin' now think he's a joke wasting our time should be spent..
...ten minutes ten minutes I count ten minutes its a hard test but he should pass right he should pass or I'm ten minutes and Oh God we need..
...just a little more a little more can't wait for end of shift she's waiting I'm waiting love her love her love her love is a mental illness but sugar is sweet...
...you there you there? Ed Carr Ed Carr like an automotive, vroom vroom pretty handsome sexy funny shit concentrate Just say Solar Flare Solar Flare is the codeword we'll let you out solar flare w'ere listening for a solar flare would you drive my car Mr. Carr oh shit is he in my head right now solar flare solar flare damn solar flare...
...What a joke we can't win too many of them X-COM chairs on the titanic fiddle why rome burns dead men laugh not going out without a fight no hope but who cares ribeye steak and a cold beer and she's waiting for me lover lover her lover...
...new guys old guys they all die new guys old guys they all die new guys old guys they all die glad I'm not going on mission I'm unimportant leave me alone I don't care I killed a cat killed Scrapper Oh God whats wrong with me...

Grin.
Sure. If you let me do some..field-testing..on the next mission.
Gird your loins and step back. Point at the centre of your chest and cover your face. Wait for the impact.

"Alright, you asked for it, buddy. Keep the experience fresh in your mind, try and concentrate..."

Endurance Test
(Gero) 4+1 vs Johann (4-2)

You feel Gerome swing the weapon at your stomach-he flicks a switch, and it hums like a hive of bees. Then he strikes you you-and the humming vibrates through your entire body, like as if you were a tuning fork. You count three seconds, feeling the energy resonating from the sight of the blow. There's no pain-but you can feel your body going limp. Then there is an explosion of white light that blots out your senses.

You come back in levels. Sight. Hearing. Then touch.

Gerome is leaning over you, smiling slightly. "Hell of a wallop, huh? Now real fast-for the record. What was it like?"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:32 pm »

Alexendre trains his rifle onto where he knows his target is hiding, letting his tongue run over his teeth as he aims. Suddenly, his aim hesitates and he pulls away from his rifle. A single thought runs through his brain. A single, awful thought

I don't want to die...

He pulls his rifle from the ground, turns around and crawls through his cover, still remaining dead silent. With a shake of his head, he dismisses the thoughts coursing through his brain, those of failure, those of abandonment.

I'll get him next time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18