Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 15442 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »

To be honest, I didn't expect you guys to shoot. In a normal circumstance, I'll list the range to a contact. Right now all of you are at medium, don't have a line of site, or are unconscious.

Oh, and also, aliens are all males unless specified otherwise. It makes it easier to write.

((Well, I only injured one person, YAY!))

Well, Crap though Jackson. Then instead of continuing to swear out his teammates stupidity, he grasps a rope, ties it to the Skyranger, and rappels down.

((Did the grenade damage the house? Does it have a hole in it, or a chimney of some kind?))

You tie the rope to a seat on the skyranger, letting the rope dangle down onto the house. Taking a secure grip, you slowly lower yourself as the skyranger moves to and fro with the sudden shifts in the wind and engine output.

You safely lower yourself onto the roof.

(( Hey num nuts come help me lol since you just dropped a bloody grenade on me, ))

Wake up and crawl away

[End 5] You float back into consciousness, your vision a sea of red. A dull thunder of gunfire can be heard off in the distance. Your entire body aches in almost unbearable pain, and you can see a darker red pooling beside you.

[End 1] You attempt to move. Your body sends a cascade of new pain, and you quietly wail out in agony, passing out again as you do so.

"Guys?  The aliens are opening hostilities...  and watch where you lob those damned pineapples!"
Open fire on the aliens now with the auto-shot equivalent!  They're DEFINITELY going to shoot now after hearing the kaboom!
(Sorry guys, but I think you made the hostage a lost cause.)

Medium Full-Auto

[Rifle 1+1][Rifle 6+1]

You click your X-10 into full auto, aiming at the doorway. The sudden unexpected kick from the weapon throws your aim wide, bullets bouncing off all over the house. You get the kick under control and aim the last 1/2 of the burst at the doorway.

The aliens seem unaffected.

"Well," thought Kane, "thats the easy bit done. Now seeing as that chump messed up the grenade throw, how do we get inside?"

Find the largest window on the upstairs floor. See if the shield covers it.

You walk around the roof while bullets whiz by your head as your team opens fire. Bending over and looking at the few windows on the 2nd floor, it appears there's a grand window near the exit of the staircase where the little girl was standing. Huh. She's not there anymore.

[Int 4] You intelligently open your bag and sift through your belongings, finding a ration amongst them. You take the ration, and, while very carefully trying not to fall off the roof, toss it through the window. The ration melts on its way through, quickly cooling and creating a puddle of black solid at the foot of the window.

Theodor was slightly startled by the grenade going off, but the real problem only appeared when the aliens pointed their guns at the group in front of the house.

"Goddamnit. Move to the sides, to the sides! Try to stay our of their line of sight or we'll be toast! Split up! Look through the windows and let's try not to die!" he yelled at the nearby teammates, extending his arm and pointing it towards the sides of the house, hoping the group would not become crispy remains after some hot alien-pistol-on-soft-human-flesh action.

Sprint towards the side, moving away from the aliens' line of fire and towards the side of the house. Shoot one of the pistol-wielding aliens in the face torso along the way. Preferentially the one(s) away from the little girl.

You dash into a sprint, dodging out of the Alien's line of fire and moving to the left side of the house. Being too far to effectively use your shotgun, you elect not to shoot (Medium Range)

"Drop off is getting hot. I'm taking this bird outside the engagement zone. Good luck"

The rope attached to the Skyranger falls momentarily later, and the Skyranger lazily makes its way back to the entry point of the mission.

The aliens, now covered in solidified bits of molten metal, make their move. One walks out of view into the interior of the house, while the other takes a cylindrical object out of his belt. The alien presses buttons and slides other things on the object, and after a moment, the cylindrical object glows blue. He takes a few steps into the 'shield', to the surprise of everyone, and, not melting into a puddle, throws the object.

[Hidden Roll]

The alien fumbles it and it bounces off the roof of the doorway, losing most of its momentum and rolling next to Feanor. The alien then heads back into the house and out of line of sight.

The object, momentarily later, explodes into a shower of plasma. Feanor literally melts before everyone's eyes, as the plasma eats into his very flesh. All that is left of Feanor afterward is a few pieces of bone and flesh.

The plasma also eats into the house, creating a very large hole into the living room.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:04:10 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »

(( O come on you have to be kiding lol.
The alien messes up he's throw and still manages to kill me lol?
Can I make a new character since the tit with a grenade ( Somebody please shoot him by accident. ) Wiped me out barely 2 moves in. ))

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2012, 09:20:50 pm »

Can I make a new character since the tit with a grenade ( Somebody please shoot him by accident. ) Wiped me out barely 2 moves in. ))

((Blame the dice man, blame the dice))

"Well, at least he cant come and stab me now for blowing him up"Though Jackson He then took his hat off for a moment, then proceeded to go to the edge off the roof, and try putting a couple of shots in the frame of the window

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »

(( Hell no the dice did there job. Your the tit who threw a grenade at a Slooped roof. ))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »

Yep, you can make a new character and immediately get into the on base thread.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2012, 09:26:59 pm »

(( Thanks, Can I have natural psychic powers so I can find out he killed my last character and "accidentally" miss fire my new gun into he's face 12 times :P. ))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

((This is X-COM son! You're lucky you even got off the Skyranger alive!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2012, 09:29:53 pm »

(( Hell no the dice did there job. Your the tit who threw a grenade at a Slooped roof. ))

((The plasma was the dice. And it could have fallen into a gutter or something?))

NINJAS
(( Thanks, Can I have natural psychic powers so I can find out he killed my last character and "accidentally" miss fire my new gun into he's face 12 times :P. ))

((I'm warning you, Ill throw more grenades!))

DOUBLE NINJA

((This is X-COM son! You're lucky you even got off the Skyranger alive!))

((Your lucky to even live to get on the Skyranger!))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2012, 09:38:08 pm »

Actually, I rolled a die to see which side of the house the grenade landed on. So it was dice on both accounts.

Anyway, everyone has natural psychic powers in this world. You simply have to know how to tap into them. You could either come in like Remalle did or just learn it on the base. Up to Dwarmin how he wants to implement it. Take a look at the psionics spoiler on the main page for more details.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:59:54 pm by Orb »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2012, 09:46:12 pm »

((I agree. None of that really needed to happen, although it did provide a way to get inside! (Yay!) I'm also not sure why the team opened fire on the building when they knew the entryways were shielded.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:32 pm »

((Can we do the complaining about personal fatalities IC please?  :P))

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2012, 10:03:15 pm »

"Feanor!"  Moe yelped, looking distraught at his death.  "You bastards will pay for killing him!  I'm the freaking red shirt here, NOT him!"  It was obvious that Moe Johnson did not take the loss of a comrade well, and had a bit of gall for calling himself a red shirt.
Attempt to get to a better position to shoot the aliens, giving little heed to his own well-being, except for whether he'll live or not.

(Obligitory madman's decision here...  I'm not going to be surprised if I take plasma to the gut and die.  I wouldn't be surprised if Moe Johnson mentions for his funeral to be held with a grenade like a typical X-com funeral.)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

((Don't worry everyone, I've started the Wall of Fallen Heroes on the first post of the In-Base thread. So your deaths will be remembered for all time. :D ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2012, 10:32:41 am »

"For fucks SAKE!" shaouted Kane, the last word more of an incoherent rage than a word. His plan of a through the roof pincer wasnt really working at all - a poor throw by one of his comrades had led to the death of a team member, he was stuck on the roof with no easy way down, the aliens werent affected by the shield which was still up and some fucker had started shooting when shooting was a bad idea that we knew wasnt going to work. Things were never this bad back in the day, even when he had to work with Mossad... this meant that it was time to get "tactical". "Im gonna try and get through the roof - see if that new hole is safe, then storm it with the assistance of some grenades!" yelled down to his fellow troopers.

Kick a few roof tiles away and look to blast a hole in the roof with my shotgun.
This is a blank sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 05, 2012, 03:02:11 pm »

"Feanor!"  Moe yelped, looking distraught at his death.  "You bastards will pay for killing him!  I'm the freaking red shirt here, NOT him!"
"We are all red shirts, god damn it." Theodor growled as he moved closer to the house, gaze darting from the roof to the wall, as his teammates were apparently as much of a threat as the aliens, if not bigger ones.

"I'm going in, but the girl is probably lost by now."
Use a branch, a piece of ration or something to check if the hole and/or the entrance are safely un-shielded. After making sure it is all fine, carefully enter the house and take cover.

Take care with the movement of my allies in the roof. Wait until they do their stuff before moving to places directly beneath their position
(a.k.a. avoid moving under their spot just to be hit by roof tiles and grenades, wait until they finish to do my stuff).
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10