Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 15404 times)

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2012, 11:36:02 am »

"Hmmm, Interesting... Nothing a grenady cant solve. FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Throw flashbang upstairs. Prepare to rush up, rifle at the ready.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2012, 02:29:16 pm »

"Hey guys... I can hear something. I am pretty sure that they are upstars waiting to ambush you."

Drop something through the hole to see if it draws a reaciton from the enemy

[Int 1] You drop your Law Enforcer down the hole. It makes a dull thump as it hits the bedroom floor. You're unsure if that distracted the aliens at all.

Moe Johnson grabs hold of his rifle fairly tightly, ready for the worst moment possible.  He thinks to himself that a few eggs might have to be smashed to make an omlette, and opts to stop playing so passively.

Get through the safest artificial entry point and take cover within the house!

Feeling safe that you now have two meatshields between you and the aliens, you enter the house through the large hole in the wall (the only artificial entry point) and take cover behind a sofa in the living room.

"Hmmm, Interesting... Nothing a grenady cant solve. FIRE IN THE HOLE!" Throw flashbang upstairs. Prepare to rush up, rifle at the ready.

Twisting the top and pushing the two ends of the cylindrical flashbang together, you prep to throw it.

Short Range Throw

[Dex 5+1] You arc the flashbang up perfectly to the top of the staircase and close the door. You hear a bit of rustle upstairs along with two thumps, and then the bang from the flashbang.

"Thanks for the heads-up." Thedor answers through the comms before changing his focus to the task at hand. The aliens and moving into the upper floor, which will be their territory. The task does not seem a good one.

Move carefully towards the staircase and visually check for movement upstairs. Use a long object from the house to check for energy shield during advance, and throw another one upstairs to attract the aliens.

Looks like Jackson already has that covered. Judging by the flashbang's safe passage, you'd assume the staircase was unshielded.

Everyone: A pistol shot rings out from behind the house, followed by silence.

Since I'm pretty terrible at describing environments, have a picture! Should have shown this at the beginning. The house is near one of the forested areas.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:41:25 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2012, 02:35:50 pm »

"Ok, let's move!"

Move upstairs, shotgun any aliens in sight.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2012, 03:17:38 pm »

Kane felt naked without his primary weapon, and useless. So very, very useless. It would be hard to cover himself in glory stuck on the roof with no weapon. Hopefully he could still play some kind of lookout role...

Draw my combat knife to replace the rather naivley dropped shotgun, and head towards the edge of the roof in the direction the shot came from to have a little looky.
This is a blank sig.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2012, 04:11:23 pm »

"You got it."  Moe grit his teeth, afraid of something going horribly wrong in his mind.  The thought of one of his comrades being maimed was unnerving enough.
Proceed to accompany anyone intent on going up the stairs, to pull some snap shots on the aliens if detected.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2012, 06:12:47 pm »

"LETS GO GO GO, MAKE THEM PAY FOR FEANOR!!!" Shouted Jackson, then rushed up the stairs and shot anything that looked like a alien.

((Yeah, prob stupid thing to do, but hey, why not?))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »

"LETS GO GO GO, MAKE THEM PAY FOR FEANOR!!!" Shouted Jackson, then rushed up the stairs and shot anything that looked like a alien.

((Yeah, prob stupid thing to do, but hey, why not?))
"Ok, let's move!"

Move upstairs, shotgun any aliens in sight.
"You got it."  Moe grit his teeth, afraid of something going horribly wrong in his mind.  The thought of one of his comrades being maimed was unnerving enough.
Proceed to accompany anyone intent on going up the stairs, to pull some snap shots on the aliens if detected.

Jackson sprints up the stairs, paying no heed to getting shot in the back by an alien looking over the stairway. His team mates lag behind somewhat, being either more cautious or just too far away to catch up at the moment. He finds his dispensed flashbang lying at the top of the staircase, and turns around.

A gray alien, wearing the same blue suit as the ones at the entrance did, is lying on the ground, his hands holding his head. He vaguely notices your appearance, and paws weakly, desperately even, with one hand at the blue pistol lying in front of him. You walk around the staircase, crush the alien's outreaching hand with your boot, and put the muzzle of your X-10 against the alien's head. You pull the trigger. Your team mates follow up shortly later. All three of you look around.

There's a large hole in the back of the house, looks like due to plasma damage. There's no shield device, at least in this room. You haven't checked the bedrooms.

Kane felt naked without his primary weapon, and useless. So very, very useless. It would be hard to cover himself in glory stuck on the roof with no weapon. Hopefully he could still play some kind of lookout role...

Draw my combat knife to replace the rather naivley dropped shotgun, and head towards the edge of the roof in the direction the shot came from to have a little looky.

You draw your knife, feeling much more secure and threatening in case an alien decided to challenge you to a duel on top of the roof. Satisfied with your appearance, you head to the back end of the roof and gaze over.

Looks like there's a police officer taking a break down there, lying in the sun. Oh wait, he doesn't have a head. You come to two possible conclusions. 1. He's a zombie on vacation. 2. The aliens shot him in the head and his head melted away.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2012, 08:02:19 pm »

((YEAH, FIRST ALIEN KILL!!! 8) :o :D :P 8) :o))

"Well, now that our firend here has had his grey matter blown out of his brainbox, lets search the other rooms"

Search first room I see, try to take aliens ALIVE.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:07:03 pm by werty892 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »

You also got the first team kill. ::)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:37:04 pm by Orb »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44:31 pm »

You also got the first team kill. ::)

I did not kill him it as the alien grenade that did that! I admit, I got the first friendly fire.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »

"That flashbang did wonders...But you still got that man down, don't get too giddy." Theodor noted before searching with the team.

Move along with the team, prepared to shotgun the aliens' innards out of their bodies.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2012, 10:01:02 pm »

"Good shot..."  Moe noted, clenching his rifle again.

Proceed toward the room where the hostage is theoretically held in, see if the hostage is somehow alive.

(Couldn't resist the zombies on vacation line I see.)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2012, 01:04:06 am »

"One dead cop sans head outside guys. Assume second alien is near window towards back of the house. Oh, also, I would like my gun back - if you get to a window let me know and you can help me get in there to join you."

With friendly assistance, try and get through a window into the top floor
This is a blank sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:22 pm »

((YEAH, FIRST ALIEN KILL!!! 8) :o :D :P 8) :o))

"Well, now that our firend here has had his grey matter blown out of his brainbox, lets search the other rooms"

Search first room I see, try to take aliens ALIVE.

((For future reference, I'd like you to be more specific. I mean, how exactly are you going to take an alien alive?))

You search the bedroom in the middle. Seems like a boy's room, a young one judging by the toys on the ground.

"Good shot..."  Moe noted, clenching his rifle again.

Proceed toward the room where the hostage is theoretically held in, see if the hostage is somehow alive.

(Couldn't resist the zombies on vacation line I see.)
"That flashbang did wonders...But you still got that man down, don't get too giddy." Theodor noted before searching with the team.

Move along with the team, prepared to shotgun the aliens' innards out of their bodies.

The both of you move together into the hostage room, Moe in front. Looks like the little girl's room.

On the floor, stained red with blood, is the little girl, her chest cavity melted away. You don't bother to check her pulse. Dead.

"One dead cop sans head outside guys. Assume second alien is near window towards back of the house. Oh, also, I would like my gun back - if you get to a window let me know and you can help me get in there to join you."

With friendly assistance, try and get through a window into the top floor

Without any assistance offered, you stand around on the roof, feeling ever more useless.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

"Clear!" Shouted Jackson, then went on to search the next room, poking his gun in first then shouting a lot for anyone inside there to stay down, then running in gun ready
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10