Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Roll to X-Com  (Read 15403 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to X-Com
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2012, 04:08:24 pm »

(( Guy please remember what I did before I got blown up. The walls are not shielded if you have any explosives left or can find a ram or car you can take a wall out to breach. ))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 06:22:23 pm »

"Well, at least he cant come and stab me now for blowing him up"Though Jackson He then took his hat off for a moment, then proceeded to go to the edge off the roof, and try putting a couple of shots in the frame of the window

You head to the edge of the roof, and look down at the window under you. Aiming carefully with your X-10, you put a three round burst into the frame.

[Dex 3] [Dex 2] The sudden kick throws you off balance, and during your frantic attempts to stay on the roof, drop your rifle onto the ground below.

Looking through the window again, you see three bullet holes in the 2nd floor of the house. You watch, weaponless, as the two aliens from the ground floor walk up the staircase, round the corner, and then exit your view.

Attempt to get to a better position to shoot the aliens, giving little heed to his own well-being, except for whether he'll live or not.

You frantically run around, trying to get into a better position to fire at the aliens. You then realize the aliens left. Shrugging, you walk up behind a police car and balance your rifle against the hood, kneeling and waiting for the alien scum to show themselves again. Officer James approaches you.

"You are the guys from X-Com, right?" he asks, his face a mixture of confusion and apprehension.

Kick a few roof tiles away and look to blast a hole in the roof with my shotgun.

[Str 2] You weakly kick at the tiles, only achieving in catching your foot and falling on your back.

Sick of it, you press your shotgun against the roof and pull the trigger. Lifting your shotgun again, you are greeted by a somewhat clean hole, which you clean out with your foot. Looks like the hole is above one of the bedrooms. Unfortunately, you can only fit your foot or gun in said hole.

Use a branch, a piece of ration or something to check if the hole and/or the entrance are safely un-shielded. After making sure it is all fine, carefully enter the house and take cover.

Take care with the movement of my allies in the roof. Wait until they do their stuff before moving to places directly beneath their position
(a.k.a. avoid moving under their spot just to be hit by roof tiles and grenades, wait until they finish to do my stuff).

You wait about 10 seconds for your allies to finish their shenanigans, during which time you snag a stick. Waving it into the large hole, you watch it catch fire and heat up fast, but doesn't melt immediately like it did before. Deciding this may be your best chance, you sprint through the hole.

Parts of your suit catch fire, but otherwise you remain unharmed. Patting out the fires, you take a position east of the entrance and peer around the corner of the wall and into the kitchen doorway. No aliens.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:40:06 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:34 pm »

"Ah yes...  I am of X-com...  I apologize, but I missed the alien scum that killed an operative...  Didn't expect a freaking forcefield the first mission on the job.  If you see the aliens OUTSIDE the barrier, mow 'em down."  Moe Johnson wasn't particularly thrilled, knowing cars can be rather volatile if hit just right.

Get away from the car, and get near the house wall, intent to relocate the aliens.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 07:47:53 pm »

"Well double fuck... first I get someone killed, then I drop MY FUCKING GUN ON THE GROUND!?!? At least Someone got through...."

Clamber down, retrieve weapon, follow the guy that ran through

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 08:39:15 pm »

Want to be more specific on how you want to clamber down? Otherwise I'll do an Intelligence Roll.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2012, 08:41:42 pm »

Want to be more specific on how you want to clamber down? Otherwise I'll do an Intelligence Roll.

I'm gonna dive headfirst off the roof at the concrete....Noooooo. Although I'm sure Mesor would love that, I'm gonna use the rope to climb down

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2012, 10:30:53 pm »

((How do the soldiers' clothing/suits look? I don't seem to remember. Army outfit?))

Theodor cautiously started to move ahead, Law Enforcer aimed straight ahead and eyes shifting from one side to other, trying to avoid being taken by surprise.

"I'm in. The hole is safe, but you gotta run through it and it burns a little." he said over the comms.

Advance carefully and check the lower floor, trying to check if the shield-generating device is around.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2012, 12:47:45 am »

((Posting to get on new replies list. Can't believe I didn't notice this thread earlier.))
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:50 am »

Over comms Kane chekced in with is comrades. "Good job on getting in. I have a hole intot he roof, but its only big enough to shoot through or drop some H.E. Anyone got any they could lend me?"

Wait for someone to send up some UNPRIMED (im looking at you, grenade boy) H.E, while keeping a very close eye on my lil hole - if any aliens pass under it, shoot the alienshit out of them.
This is a blank sig.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2012, 08:10:11 am »

Over comms Kane chekced in with is comrades. "Good job on getting in. I have a hole intot he roof, but its only big enough to shoot through or drop some H.E. Anyone got any they could lend me?"

Wait for someone to send up some UNPRIMED (im looking at you, grenade boy) H.E, while keeping a very close eye on my lil hole - if any aliens pass under it, shoot the alienshit out of them.

((I think I only bought grenades... And all I have left is a flash and smoke))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2012, 12:32:45 pm »

"Ah yes...  I am of X-com...  I apologize, but I missed the alien scum that killed an operative...  Didn't expect a freaking forcefield the first mission on the job.  If you see the aliens OUTSIDE the barrier, mow 'em down."  Moe Johnson wasn't particularly thrilled, knowing cars can be rather volatile if hit just right.

Get away from the car, and get near the house wall, intent to relocate the aliens.

"Alright then..."

You run up and stand near the entrance to the house, trying to think of witty one liners.

"Aliens, you have been evicted. No, um...."

"Well double fuck... first I get someone killed, then I drop MY FUCKING GUN ON THE GROUND!?!? At least Someone got through...."

Clamber down, retrieve weapon, follow the guy that ran through

You tie the rope around a small metal vent, likely from the bathroom, and lower yourself down.

Retrieving your gun, you sprint through the hole in the wall. You don't even get singed. Strange.

((How do the soldiers' clothing/suits look? I don't seem to remember. Army outfit?))

Theodor cautiously started to move ahead, Law Enforcer aimed straight ahead and eyes shifting from one side to other, trying to avoid being taken by surprise.

"I'm in. The hole is safe, but you gotta run through it and it burns a little." he said over the comms.

Advance carefully and check the lower floor, trying to check if the shield-generating device is around.

You advance carefully through the lower floor, checking everything from the kitchen sink to the bathroom. No aliens.

No one hands you a grenade. Disappointed, you gaze through the hole you made. No aliens.

The hot sizzle of plasma can be heard from the 2nd floor.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 12:37:16 pm by Orb »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2012, 03:49:42 pm »

"Hey guys... I can hear something. I am pretty sure that they are upstars waiting to ambush you."

Drop something through the hole to see if it draws a reaciton from the enemy
This is a blank sig.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2012, 03:54:03 pm »

In the original, they just wore coveralls. I find it hard to believe the elite of the elite would be sent out in just coveralls, no helmet or anything. So in Roll to X-Com, you're equipped with something similar to this:

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 06, 2012, 04:52:29 pm »

Moe Johnson grabs hold of his rifle fairly tightly, ready for the worst moment possible.  He thinks to himself that a few eggs might have to be smashed to make an omlette, and opts to stop playing so passively.

Get through the safest artificial entry point and take cover within the house!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 06, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

"Thanks for the heads-up." Thedor answers through the comms before changing his focus to the task at hand. The aliens and moving into the upper floor, which will be their territory. The task does not seem a good one.

Move carefully towards the staircase and visually check for movement upstairs. Use a long object from the house to check for energy shield during advance, and throw another one upstairs to attract the aliens.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10