Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441092 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #960 on: March 17, 2016, 03:37:54 pm »

Nah, sounds like it is lack of sleep. Which means you need to lay on the bed. :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 17, 2016, 03:40:23 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:05:30 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:07 pm »

Don't play games in bed.  It makes you not want to sleep in bed.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 17, 2016, 04:49:22 pm »

I dunno, I think Leah's got the best personality of the girls, she actually reminds me so much of my ex it's kind of eerie. But all the girls except Penny become a lot more interesting as you go through their heart scenes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I dunno about the guys because I haven't gone through all their scenes yet, but I feel like the girls are designed to seem like a specific archetype until you get to know them better.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:38:23 pm by Glloyd »

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 17, 2016, 05:21:04 pm »

I went for Haley because I figured that would be what I would do in real life; try for the most attractive person. As Gllyod said, she gets a lot better as time goes on.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 17, 2016, 05:36:16 pm »

I ended up going for Abigail, since the adventurer/gamer combo appeals to me. Maru seems interesting, but I had a bad habit of guessing the exact wrong gifts to give her early on and got annoyed with her. (Seriously, what kind of science-focused person thinks a geode is a terrible gift??)

Eventually I started using the wiki and that made things easier, since figuring out gifts for people if frustrating and expensive otherwise.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 17, 2016, 05:57:54 pm »

Hopefully, it won't be super difficult to add characters to the game eventually. I'd like to add about 100 people to Stardew Valley. Even the crappy little farming town I lived in in the middle of nowhere was still 500+ people strong.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:00:04 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 17, 2016, 06:05:41 pm »

I hope for mods that add depth to characters instead of just more. Especially your spouse.

Edit: Reading what I wrote... That sounds somewhat wrong. Ah well, that too, erp mod when?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:07:12 pm by Criptfeind »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #968 on: March 17, 2016, 08:33:32 pm »

Once I finish my playthru I'm kinda thinking about modding in some characters. Like say... the cast of Street Fighter. 
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 17, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »

I like how most of the date options are sorta nebulously-aged young adults; leaves player some wiggle room to read them and the player-character as different ages. Good design for minimizing date-creepiness IMO!

As for dates, Harvey's sorta cute and dorky, but he showed no appreciation for a gift of opium poppies, which I thought was rather clever. Penny's got a good heart, but she's a bit of a passive sad sack with her resignation to her shitty home life. Abigail's fun, but she seems a bit too Manic Pixie Gamer-Girl, and that sends up red flags. Elliot is just a walking Romance Novel Cover, and his huge and beautiful hair intimidates me. Leah would be fun to hang out with, and I appreciate her artsy side, but she seems judgy and buys into the whole Pastoral Superiority thing. I like technology too much to be happy there, I think.

Maru, however, is my dude. <3

Maru seems interesting, but I had a bad habit of guessing the exact wrong gifts to give her early on and got annoyed with her. (Seriously, what kind of science-focused person thinks a geode is a terrible gift??)

Eventually I started using the wiki and that made things easier, since figuring out gifts for people if frustrating and expensive otherwise.

Yeah, that Geode thing weirded me out too! She seems like some kind of rockhound, since she likes the crystal and mineral samples that come out of them well enough. I thought it'd be like a little self-wrapped gift; hell, we could even open it together and it would be all cute and shit. But no. Still, we can chat about the scale of the universe and stuff while she's looking through her telescope.

Speaking of which, I'd love to be able to do Date-ish things as part of winning someone over, like stargazing or going caving, or even fiddling with robots. Also, I'm curious to see if your relationship with your sweetheart's family influences things. Just to be safe, I worked hard to win over her Dad with a bunch of cool botany samples, after an ominous warning about getting in the way of her bright future. Excuse me Demetrius, but Agricultural Science is a real science!

P.S. Anyone else start giving Linus food gifts after he was rummaging through the town's trash? I'd pay to build him a coop-sized shack or something if I could. Dude's gotta get cold in the winter, and I worry about him. ><;

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 17, 2016, 10:37:57 pm »

P.S. Anyone else start giving Linus food gifts after he was rummaging through the town's trash? I'd pay to build him a coop-sized shack or something if I could. Dude's gotta get cold in the winter, and I worry about him. ><;

Yeah, I usually give him some bit of forageable that I find walking up to the mines when I see him.
Come play Mafia with us!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:42 am »

Linus hangs out in the hot-bath in the winter, to stay warm.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 18, 2016, 05:55:52 am »

Yeah, I usually give him some bit of forageable that I find walking up to the mines when I see him.

Based on my interactions with him, I get the impression that it's less that he's desperate, and more than he's chosen to separate himself from others to appreciate life on his own terms. That said, it would be nice if there were an option to convince him of a kind of compromise, and let him live on your farmstead and perform some very minor chores in return. Still. as he says, I think he's chosen to live the life he does, despite the hardships.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 18, 2016, 08:34:32 am »

I would definitely have to say that Linus enjoys or at least chose his life - considering he says as much. I still gift him good stuff though. He's my wildbro.  :P
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 18, 2016, 09:26:54 am »

I just appreciate that he's easy to please with a little bit of food.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 91