Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441112 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #930 on: March 15, 2016, 09:40:03 am »

LEAH ROMANCE POSSIBLE SPOILER???
Spoiler: Explain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 15, 2016, 10:50:19 am »

Spoiler: My 10 <3 Leah (click to show/hide)

This is my 5th re-roll, and picked up a pace or gaming style that works ok, I guess.

My first 4 was more of a min-max style just to see how far I go and how the game is. 

First: Max Farm like doing a FarmVille FB app.  Learned that energy can be a problem, and the needed boost coins for seeds.  I mean, I can gain some energy from harvested food, or foraged, but consuming those cut off my profit. 

So doing full time farming has merit just to get the initial coin profit to have the optimal seeds supply for summer season.

Second: Balance to a farm plot that is hoe watered by 9a-10a.  The remaining was to meet people and quests.  I guess this route was "tainted" when I got the fishing pole and I felt I wasted a day catching mu first fish and messing up every bite thereafter. 

Third: Forager.  This attempt seems viable.  After the minimal farming duties done by 9a-10a, cutting wood and making Field Snacks to make cutting wood continues until midnight is feasable.  Cutting wood increases foraging, which then leads to moving about and gathering leeks, wild horseradish, and other spring forage items. 

Fourth: Miner.  At this point of my attempt, I've read a bit more in reddit.  And it does seem more of a logical step for me because I want to upgrade my tools sooner.  1 tile watering into 3 tiles is a huge time saver; and I've read 2x3 tile watering, as well as sprinkler systems. 

I got the hang of mining, and eventually stopped, as I was "bored" doing the same grind.  Or rather, I hit a wall of "inefficiency" meaning 1 swing=1 rock done became 2 swing=1 rock down.  I needed an upgrade, but lack the gold.  So once again, I need a better coin profit to support more mining. 

And this is how I came to my Fifth and current re-roll.

Fifth:  I went for a more balanced approach.
First of all, I play dual monitor, so I have Google Docs up to my SDV journal in this simple format:

Anyway, having written down what is weather tomorrow makes it easier to plan things, like mining asap.
When luck is extra_luck or good_fortune, I do mining that day after watering. Otherwise, foraging.
I'm also a pack rat, and have yet to figure out an optimal storage system.

In winter, I have quite a few chests.

Left side of farm.
Seed & Fruit Chest.  next to Seed Maker, and 1 Keg.
Wood & Mining Chest: wood, hardwood, field snacks, mining dump: ores, coal.  next to 1 Charcoal, 2 Furnace. 
Bars: eventually, bars go here for easier inventory overview. 

Right side of farm.
Season Forage and Crop dump: current season's.

Above mail box:
Chest for Vegetables--eventually moved to Kitchen after upgrade.
Chest for Flowers only.

Right side of overnight box:   Chest - Fishes only.
bottomw of overnight box:

Preserve Jar.
Chest: fruits for jelly, jelly, tapper items.
Chest: Beach forage.
2nd Preserve Jar.

I used to have trash chest, moved to Chicken Eggs.
Chicken Coop
Chicken Names: Chicka, Chicke, Chicko, Chicku
Mayo Maker
1 Chest outside for eggs, mayo, and trash: broken cd, broke glasses, jola cola

Barn
Cow Names: Cowsea, Cowsee, Cowseo, Cowseu
Cheese Maker
1 Chest outside for milk and cheese.
1 Chest inside.  I probably don't need it, but I prefer to have my Milk Pail ready as I enter. 

1 Silo.

1 Stable. For the Horse.
Horse name: Horsea

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 15, 2016, 07:54:26 pm »

So, I'm having an issue with modding. Storm works fine on my PC (Win10.) Storm does not work at all on Wolfeyez' rig (Win7,) despite making exactly the same changes. No answer from the Chuckefish forums. Anyone know what gives?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 16, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:08:37 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #934 on: March 16, 2016, 05:02:22 pm »

I agree with whoever said that virtually everyone marriageable is not someone you would, by any stretch of the imagination, ever want to marry. I had genuine doki-doki feelings for Maria back when >_> I'll probably go with Leah if she stays cool.

That said, I like the fishing game and my horrible farm is kind of messed up but by and large doing ok *thumbs up*.

Almost ever bachelor(ette) is an archetype of some type of dysfunctional highschool personality so yeah. Didn't stop me from marrying alex, at least I stick my D:/ in hunky crazy
I'd love to marry Pam. Pam is love, Pam is life.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 16, 2016, 05:06:17 pm »

...Isn't Pam a middle-age redneck drunk who sits on the couch and watches soap operas all day?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #936 on: March 16, 2016, 05:07:22 pm »

...Isn't Pam a middle-age redneck drunk who sits on the couch and watches soap operas all day?

...YES!  :D
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 16, 2016, 05:19:34 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:08:20 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 16, 2016, 05:22:28 pm »

I definitely find the girls to be a bit nicer, on average, than the guys.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 16, 2016, 09:24:03 pm »

You misspelled 'love' and 'life' there...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 16, 2016, 09:42:42 pm »

You misspelled 'love' and 'life' there...
Sits on the love and watches life all day?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 17, 2016, 12:40:16 am »

Ah, come on Vector. The guy in the black sweatshirt is the best looking one. If he wasn't such a damn basement dweller... :P

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one who likes fishing, even if I am thinking of rerolling so I can 'do it right' and start farming from Spring 1 instead of rushing straight for the ocean.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #942 on: March 17, 2016, 01:13:43 am »

Yeah, uh. nope

Seriously, I kept on going through the town meeting people and being like "Yes, I'll date YOU!" and then they're like "uh, that person's married and a mother of two. how about you date this guy in a black sweatshirt."

>:[

I'd even date Clint. Seriously. Clint.

I'm with you 100%!! My top choices are Demetrius and Pierre. Maybe ConcernedApe should introduce some kind of "homewrecker" achievement where we can break up one of the happily married couples and steal one for ourselves.

I do agree that the females are, on average, a lot better than the males. Leah seems nice, anyway. I'd maybe go for her if I didn't want to make babies the old-fashioned way. Sadly, her male counterpart is apparently an arrogant Swedish supermodel from the 80s who gets "terrible feelings" from berries.

I suspect part of the problem is that this was made by a guy, presumably a heterosexual guy who has never had to consider what makes males attractive, and so he just assumed "The Backstreet Boys - they've got lots of different types in there! Surely if I include each of those, every lady on the planet will find one she's interested in. Also I'll throw in a a 40-year-old germophobe with no social skills and a pedo-stache. That ought to cover everything!" But the strange thing about that is that he did include several examples of likeable, attractive men... then married them off. Perhaps to torture us?

I mean, I'd seriously take Linus over any of the available men. Linus has got life figured out. He could set up his tent on the farm and do all my foraging for me during the day.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 17, 2016, 01:45:37 am »

Ayup, even as a heterosexual male and "man's man" I felt that the bachelors were 2D to such an extent, that I didn't even want or bother to befriend them. Linus is my buddy through and through, Pierre's an honest guy, Clint's got a nice resolve about him, and Wizard's always got your back. But the young crowd.... blech.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #944 on: March 17, 2016, 01:59:37 am »

They also all seem to be teenagers, except for pedo-stache-man (who, despite having 9 hearts with me, doesn't seem to be getting any less irritating, germophobia-, social-skills-, and personality-wise). As the owner of a farm, wholly independent and responsible for all my own affairs, I had considered my character to be as adult as I am. Perhaps playing as a female character was secretly intended to be a pedophilia simulator?
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 91