Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441424 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2016, 11:44:10 am »

I have a question concerning minecarts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I had to plug in my controller to actually be able to catch anything other than sardines. For some reason using the mouse makes it a lot more difficult for me.
Does the controller give you analog control over the bar?

The controller works exactly the same as the mouse, I just find it easier.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2016, 11:47:43 am »

I have a question concerning minecarts.

It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2016, 11:49:39 am »

@Wiles: You may just need to sleep. You get a cutscene the night after you finish it.

On another note: Save the trash you get, at least the glasses and cds. You can apparently recycle them into refined quartz, which I'm told you need to make upgraded sprinklers.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 28, 2016, 11:59:42 am »

The newest update seems to have made a new bug that gives you duplicate tools. It checks if you have tools and then gives you one if you don't have it, even if it is being upgraded at Clint's shop.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 28, 2016, 12:22:45 pm »

It's not so much a bug as it is an oversight. If you're upgrading a tool you have to quit the game after saving then load the save, then the duplicate tool won't be there. THis would be useful for watering cans, but getting it back out of your inventory could be a pain...

I want to upgrade my watering can but I also want to water my crops...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 28, 2016, 12:30:26 pm »

Duplicate tools sound silly. I'm also curious about "Exploding armchairs" and "Leah's doppelganger" that were fixed.  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:28 pm »

I got married, my waifu helps me around the farm these days:
(massive image)

Yeah, it was along journey to those 10 hearts, lots of fun cutscenes.. a short public marriage ceremony.. but now we share a nice sized house, and she baked me some pancakes, so its pretty cool.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 28, 2016, 02:11:28 pm »

Some of the fish are absolutely brutal. I've spent over an hour save scumming trying to catch a pufferfish. Tuna are pretty hard, but pufferfish are just ridiculous. I'm close to giving up and saying you need a level 3 rod with tackle to make them even possible.

You pretty much do. I like that you can't catch all kinds of fish with a crappy rod. You can if you're super skilled or lucky (I got the pufferfish with lvl2 rod) but to guarantee an ability to catch lots of them you need the appropriate skill level and equip.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 28, 2016, 02:40:06 pm »

Duplicate tools sound silly. I'm also curious about "Exploding armchairs" and "Leah's doppelganger" that were fixed.  :P
Not sure about the doppelganger, but if you placed a blue armchair in your house it would turn into a bomb.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 28, 2016, 02:50:41 pm »

Spoiler: Just found (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 28, 2016, 02:52:03 pm »

Not sure about the doppelganger, but if you placed a blue armchair in your house it would turn into a bomb.

That sounds !!FUN!!.

The duplicate tools are really silly, but all you have to do is dump them on a chest so it won't happen again.

And I didn't see anyone mention this, but isn't it funny how no one can enter in the hippie* hipster's (Elliot) beach house, and how he keeps saying he has to water his plants, on how there are mushroom ornaments on his door during fall? Town's so advanced it got itself a drug producer/dealer.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:55:48 pm by Gabeux »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #446 on: February 28, 2016, 03:19:15 pm »

Hmm... Maybe it's worth making friends with Elliot after all... :P

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 28, 2016, 03:19:48 pm »

I just realized something about the forager skill mentioned earlier. Do you think by wood being worth 50% more it actually means you gather 50% more wood?
E: Actually, probably not, that would actually be useful.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:25:48 pm by OzyTheSage »

stevebat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 28, 2016, 03:43:29 pm »

So for someone who enjoyed the older handheld harvest moon games is this game worth it?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »

So for someone who enjoyed the older handheld harvest moon games is this game worth it?

Definitely. The game is heavily inspired by Back to Nature from the SNES which the GBA Friends of Mineral Town was a remake of, and also draws from many of the other early HM games. It also draws in elements of the Rune Factory games like combat. It feels like an improved version of Friends of Mineral Town with better writing and gameplay.

EDIT: In other news, just under 25000 people are playing Stardew right now on Steam. Taking into account GoG as well, I think ConcernedApe did pretty well for his first game. Good for him.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:58:03 pm by Glloyd »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 91