Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441408 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #405 on: February 28, 2016, 03:19:13 am »

Someone linked a mod to fix the run speed a couple pages ago or so, scarecrows are easy to make, and quite useful for scaring away those pesky crows (In a twenty tile radius).
There's nothing to fix the stamina or controls, though, and I still haven't introduced myself to two people around the town, which I'm trying to not let annoy me.

Speaking of, MLG tipz for you guyz, when you level up foraging once (I think), Those seed packets you can make? Super useful, they grow fast, are easy to make and self sustainable, all you have to do is file away the crops that are silver star level or better and make packets out of the remainder.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #406 on: February 28, 2016, 03:23:46 am »

Ohhh, it would be great if there was a way to change the portraits of the single people to something less off-putting. The women mostly seem fine to me, but the boys... Ugh...

Let's review my choices here...

1. A skateboarding teenager who complains about homework.
2. An emo/goth teenager complete with stupid haircut.
3. An ugly punk teenager with nothing but insults for conversation.
4. The 42-year-old doctor (at least that's how old he looks) germophobe with a creepy mustache with no social skills.
5. The douchebag with the stupid haircut who lives on the beach (I've seen him referred to as a hippie, but believe me, as someone with mostly hippie friends, that's not a hippie - that's a douchebag).

That's it. Not a single normal adult male to choose from. Now to decide whether to play lesbian and at least end up with a human who doesn't gross me out, or restart (I will eventually anyway now that I better understand how to play) and play a male character and date women. Or if it's possible to change the portraits, maybe I could pick the least objectionable male (still don't know who that would be) and at least make them physically less off-putting.

I'd complain to the dev, but it seems like changing the characters you can date would take a lot of effort and there doesn't seem to be much demand for it for some reason. He could have at least *asked* an adult female what type of men she would find attractive and want to date rather than taking boy band stereotypes, a character from an old soap opera, and a gross guy with the facial hair of a pedophile. I'd go for the shop owner, maybe, if he wasn't married. Hell, I'd rather go for Linus than any of these idiots. Maybe this is something that could eventually be modded?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 28, 2016, 03:27:19 am »

Are you not using the mouse to use your tools? You can do it old school style if the mouse cursor isn't near the character/center of the screen. I did like how rune factory 4 allowed you to see where everyone was on the minimap. It would also be nice to get people's names when hovering over them, and how much items cost when you ship them in tooltips etc. How large everything can actually be rather detrimental. If you're at one place and realize you need something back home then you basically have to waste 2 game hours running back home. People also won't let you into their room even if they're just standing inside it. I had a quest to deliver something to someone but I couldn't complete it because they were standing inside their room.

Also make sure auto run is enabled. Stamina isn't a huge problem, at least I don't seem to run out before I've done everything I wanted to do for the day, and there are ways to recover stamina such as food you can carry around.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2016, 03:30:13 am »

3. An ugly punk teenager with nothing but insults for conversation.
4. The 42-year-old doctor (at least that's how old he looks) germophobe with a creepy mustache with no social skills.

Re: 3, do you mean Sam? He's not rude, he's just got worse hair than beach dude. I think you might be referring to Shane, who is not a romance option. As for Harvey, he's a lot better when you get to know him better (as are most characters from what I hear)

But I agree, he never should've been given a mustache:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:33:15 am by Glloyd »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #409 on: February 28, 2016, 03:33:37 am »

Hm... Without the mustache, he might be tolerable. I guess I'll go for him and hope for a way to improve his picture...

And you're right, I was thinking of Shane - the one I missed was Alex, the teenage jock. Just as off-putting as all the rest.

EDIT: Looking at a list of the characters now... Given the choice, I'd go for Demetrius or Pierre. Sadly, both are already married. Story of my life...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2016, 03:33:54 am »

Huh, I did not know that that you got choices at certain levels, I've just been given the choice between 50% extra value of wood, or a chance of doubled item gain from foraging.
Alan help.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 28, 2016, 03:38:33 am »

I found the mustache weird, because he doesn't even appear to have one on his overworld sprite...
Huh, I did not know that that you got choices at certain levels, I've just been given the choice between 50% extra value of wood, or a chance of doubled item gain from foraging.
Huh, that choice seems rather obvious. Isn't wood only worth 1 or 2 gold anyways? How much does hardwood sell for?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 28, 2016, 03:40:33 am »

Hm... Without the mustache, he might be tolerable. I guess I'll go for him and hope for a way to improve his picture...

You can add new portraits, I know that. It's a simple edit, just changing a few pixels, I'd do it if I knew how to use the .xnb format. I feel like it was done late in development because as Ozy mentioned, it's not even on his overworld sprite.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #413 on: February 28, 2016, 03:43:10 am »

Heh... Was playing for a while and now and then I kept hearing this strange buzzing sound. It seemed to happen in time with game sounds, but it seemed to be coming from my computer. I looked it over and everything seemed fine. Kept playing, and it kept happening. Finally, I realized what it was: my Xbox controller was plugged in and resting on top of the computer. Apparently Stardew Valley uses the rumble functionality. :P

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 28, 2016, 03:51:17 am »

I found the mustache weird, because he doesn't even appear to have one on his overworld sprite...
Huh, that choice seems rather obvious. Isn't wood only worth 1 or 2 gold anyways? How much does hardwood sell for?
Yeah, I never bother selling the wood anyway, so I just picked the doubled item gain.
Edit: Also, Hardwood is worth 15G.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:53:21 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 28, 2016, 04:18:41 am »

Regarding animals and feeding and stuff (I only have Chickens yet), I'll post a quick rundown since I didn't understand anything and my chickens hated me for a whole week:
- Building a silo (costs 100G and some stone and maybe other resources), allows you to use the Scythe to cut Grass into Hay to use as feed.
- Just like in HM, you need to get inside the Coop, take the Hay from the Hopper and place on the chicken beds/throughs.
- Animals can also feed off Grass, and they are happier when let outside AND when eating Grass instead of Hay.
- You can have animals without a Silo by buying Hay for 50G per item, or by planting grass on their enclosure/pasture. However, the first option is way too expensive and the second option, as someone else said, will just have your animals going through the grass without giving it a chance to grow. I.e. you might run how of grass quickly.

Here's what I did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It allows me to close the access to the Grass when it's running low, so I'll feed them Hay until it grows.
I have no idea if this works - i.e. I'm not sure if the gate stays opened/closed between nights, and if there's enough space for enough grass to grow. But it seems to be working.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:21:11 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 28, 2016, 04:26:37 am »

Hey Sappho, I figured it out.

If you want it, I'll do the rest later for you.

EDIT:

Improved the mouth a touch

EDIT2: Slightly lighter version of the mouth, dunno what I prefer:

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 04:33:40 am by Glloyd »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #417 on: February 28, 2016, 04:32:38 am »

Hey Sappho, I figured it out.

If you want it, I'll do the rest later for you.

EDIT:

Improved the mouth a touch

*gasp* that would be perfect! Thank you so much! You should put these on the game discussion forum, too. I can't be the only non-teenage female who finds smug blond idiots repulsive.

Also, looking at the progression of images for Elliot, apparently he wasn't always the douchey-looking guy he is now. He wasn't bad looking at all before the last update. Hm... Apparently I find the portraits for just about all the characters to be better in their original form. What the hell happened, ConcernedApe? Did you get drunk one night and decide all the men looked too normal and not stereotypical enough?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 28, 2016, 04:36:10 am »

Alright, I'll likely do the rest tomorrow then. I lightened the mouth a little bit to match his palette better, it's hard to tell what CA intended it to be because his shitty stache blocks it in most of the image states, but I think I might go with the lighter one. I'll post it to the steam community once I've got the rest done then.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #419 on: February 28, 2016, 06:43:25 am »

Since the latest update, have you guys noticed torches no longer giving off light when you carry them? I hope to god that's a bug that will be fixed and not intentional...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 91