Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40452 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #135 on: October 01, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »

Uhm rifles is a bit advanced for this isnt it?
note experimental and i only have 100 people wielding them, my design for them was only few can carry them due to the skills needed to wield the new weapon and the complexity of creating it (this isn't a regular rifle that can be churned out in 2 weeks, the rifle requires at most a year to produce from acquiring all the necessary alchemical ingredients then the long enchanting period. With this allotted time few of the craftsmen dedicate their time to create this weapon and maybe only 5-10 rifles are made a year.
So, they're alchemical rifles? Fine by me. Just don't expect more reliability than early firearms...and possibly less...

Magic in this world must always have a source. It can come from within the magician, which is reliable but weak. Mages who master this type of magic are called sorcerers. It can come from a higher being, which is fairly reliable and moderately powerful but requires the being to agree with your requests. Finally, it can come from nature in some form, which is powerful, but typically focused on one type of magic and the least stable kind of magic. Alchemy is mostly trying to refine and use natural magic. Finally, you can draw magic from magical items, which is safe and potentially powerful but permanently depletes the item's magic. Enchanted items may either be made by investing an absurd amount of magical energy into it or casting a spell on it and modifying it to draw magic from nearby sources.
Anyone can learn magic if they have dedication, but typically only nobles and the one in a hundred to be talented do. There are exceptions, of course. Bear in mind that not all mages are powerful; unless they train a lot, they usually can't get past party tricks and little household magic and such. Mages who go beyond this low level of power are called wizards.
Magic resistance is possible to enchant; it was one of the first things to be researched once organized magical research began. However, without some of various alchemical ingredients, it's very costly.
Sound good?

-----

By the way, I've drawn up a couple maps. Look at them and decide which one you like better, and post which one you prefer and why, as well as what you dislike about the one you chose and like about the other.
Both are unfinished. If there's an overwhelming consensus, I'll simply spruce up that map.

Warning: The maps are kinda big. Also, the first cut off part of the top; there's some Northern Tribe lands near the Bloodraven border and Ragoth is that dot near it; and the second got turned 90 degrees somehow.
Spoiler: Map One (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map Two (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 01, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »

I quite honestly cannot read them at all.

Also, just in case you missed it:
GreatWyrmGold, can I change my faction? I thought that I'd be getting into a Medieval/Low Fantasy game, not a two-page discussion about magical fire-arms.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 01, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »

I quite honestly cannot read them at all.

Also, just in case you missed it:
GreatWyrmGold, can I change my faction? I thought that I'd be getting into a Medieval/Low Fantasy game, not a two-page discussion about magical fire-arms.
How do you want to change it?

And is it the handwriting or the lighting that makes them unreadable?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 01, 2012, 07:44:43 pm »

The lighting, but the handwriting could be touched up a bit. Map 2 is the better of the two, for the lighting is more consistent, but not too light or dark.

I want to just ditch the whole fief idea and become a knightly order. Smite some pagans, kill some heretics, that kind of thing.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 01, 2012, 08:18:56 pm »

I could make them in paint, or draw relatively accurate copies and scan them for you.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2012, 09:05:02 pm »

I prefer to use online websites or computer programs for maps because no offense to anyone but it's easier to be accurate on the computer than with your hand so maybe you should do that to since as USEC said its herd to read
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2012, 09:09:15 pm »

I prefer to use online websites or computer programs for maps because no offense to anyone but it's easier to be accurate on the computer than with your hand so maybe you should do that to since as USEC said its herd to read
your english is herd to read too :P

my only issue with the pic is lighting and the fact i have to turn my head counter clockwise to view it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »

The lighting, but the handwriting could be touched up a bit. Map 2 is the better of the two, for the lighting is more consistent, but not too light or dark.
Not sure why flash turned on for the first. Since it's an issue, I'll re-photograph it.

[/quote]

I want to just ditch the whole fief idea and become a knightly order. Smite some pagans, kill some heretics, that kind of thing.
[/quote]
Two knightly orders? Explain how it's different from the Almighty Guild of Knights and sure.

I'll five the issues and re-post them. Sorry for the crappy first pics.
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 01, 2012, 09:30:41 pm »

Good news, I learned how to turn off my tablet's flash!

Spoiler: Map One (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map Two (click to show/hide)

The lighting and orientation are good, although I added an NPC fief to each and USEC_OFFICER's fief (note to self: Add players to OP) will become one if we use these maps.
Sig

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 01, 2012, 09:33:42 pm »

I like the second one better.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vonyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2012, 12:31:13 am »

Both works for me.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 02, 2012, 01:35:11 am »

As long as ive got my forest, mountains, river and lake im good with which ever one they choose.

I prefer number two though although id need to see where my lake and river end up to decide for sure but I like the mountain ranges and the wall.
Plus I love having part of the forest inside my wall.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:03:43 am by mesor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 02, 2012, 01:52:52 am »

And as long as I have Grenland Bluff, same goes for me.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 02, 2012, 01:56:04 am »

I can't find my city!

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 02, 2012, 02:31:46 am »