Shipbuilding only
Smithing only
Mining and shipbuilding
Mining and smithing
Shipbuilding and smithing
All of the above
None of the above

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought  (Read 40436 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2012, 07:28:23 am »

Title: The Holy Order of the Knights of the Shining Star of St. Jacob (usually refered to as the Knights of the Shining Star or the Knights of St. Jacob)
Family name Grand Master Name: Gerald die Malburg

Fief Name: Dauberg Fortress
Fief Description: Dauberg Fortress is the main head-quarters of the Knights of St. Jacob. Located on the furthest reaches of the kingdom/empire/whatever, Dauberg stands guard against the various pagans and heretics. The fortress itself is a sprawling and squat structure, having been built up by successive generations of knights. The Fortress has enough land surrounding it to support the garrison, but (since it's on the end of nowhere) the land is not very profitable, especially if the local pagans send raiding parties against the Knights of the Shining Star.

Background: The Holy Order of the Knights of the Shining Star of St. Jacob was founded to root out heresy, defeat pagans and spread the true and proper Word of God wherever they go. The Order is named after the Shining Star that appeared to St. Jacob, which led him out of the wilderness alive so that he may spread the Word of God. The Knights of St. Jacob rely on the donations of the king, princes, barons, dukes etc. to pay their expenses. Obviously giving these donations of money, goods or land to the Holy Order is considered a good and pious work, and can guarantee you a spot in heaven. The Knights will accept people of every class, though only the nobility are capable of becoming full-fledged Knights of St. Jacob, while those of the lower classes become sergeants and other support personnel. While naturally suspicious of all magic users, as the Holy Order blessed by God their priests and paladins are capable of miracles, which the Knights regularly use to impress pagans and to smite heathens.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 02, 2012, 04:52:17 pm »

Several people have chosen the second map, so let's go with that.

I'll add the Dauberg Fortress to the map, along with more detail. On the second map, Ragoth is in the mountains between the Capital and Bloodraven territory.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 08, 2012, 05:48:23 am »

Is this rp dead then?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 08, 2012, 06:13:09 am »

No, just forgotten. My bad. I'll post the complete map this afternoon. I'd post it now, but in the morning I'm a bit pressed for time.
In the meantime, could some of you be so kind as to link to your list of how many of each kind of person, lives in your fief? Thank you. It would save me lots of time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2012, 06:29:30 am »

I wasn't quite sure how to link a specific post so here's the whole thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:52:34 am by mesor »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2012, 06:45:47 am »

I already did, a couple of pages back.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2012, 05:33:25 pm »

You clean up after the fire.

Yeah, let's skip to the action...

"Welcome, various heroes. We have representatives of FEAR, LEAG, the Riverrun Elite, the League of Canadian Superheroes, and some independents. Thank you for coming; we need to prep--"
A helicopter shoots at your position but misses.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

Uhm helicopter? What?

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 08, 2012, 05:37:39 pm »

...That's the second time in as many days that I've posted in the wrong thread...
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2012, 05:43:01 pm »

(( Haha I figured as much, Can I still have the helicopter? ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »

No. Well, probably not. Maybe you can invent something.

By the way, here's the finished map.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A little got cut off, but you can see most of it, right?

Let's look over the population levels.
mesor--Let's see...since your fief has poor farmland, your 1,500 farmers can feed 4,500 people, meaning you need to import 10,500 units of food.
Tellemurius--You can make 8,000 units of food, leaving 1,000 for export.
Kedley--Your 2,250 fishers and farmers can feed 9,000 people, letting you export 4,000.
And the others...I can't find your population lists. Well, once we get all this settled, we can discuss who's exporting what to whom.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 08, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »

What about my fishers do they still feed 4 each?

Looks good but I cant really make out much of my land beyond the mountains and the wall.
I cant make out the fort or the dwellings and buildings for my people or the river and lake.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 07:13:43 pm by mesor »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 08, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

dude you need to invest in a scanner :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 08, 2012, 07:23:15 pm »

You have fishers? Um...Your 1,250 fishers can feed three people each, let's say, because Gondolin doesn't have big bodies of water. That increases the food output to 8,250 if my calculations are correct, meaning you're still 1,750 food in debt.

dude you need to invest in a scanner :P
Quite possibly.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:27 pm »

I had 15000 population not 10000 :).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45