Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Trees, man.  (Read 35616 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Trees, man.
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2012, 03:27:46 pm »

What I want to know is if I can make self igniting trees that turn into clouds of super heated plasma upon maturation.

"OH URIST NO THE SAPLING IS GROWING!!!"

Might not be able to do that, but you could probably have it bear fruit made of a superheated material that will ignite the tree.

Also, Magmamelons.

No no no no, I don't want to set trees on fire.

I want a tree that flowers rarely... But when it does, the entire surface world is swept away in a fury of heat dam. calculations as the rivers boil, the corpses vaporize and candy floats amongst the superheated air like a rolling blue cloud of wrath.

We could get that effect by making the tree with flowers of fiery doom not susceptible to heat damage and ignition... Might not make ☼everything☼ burn and die, but it would make most of that in the immediate vicinity do it... and the plasma is probably undo-able... unless part of said flower were to vaporize and make a rolling blue mist.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2012, 03:54:44 pm »

What I want to know is if I can make self igniting trees that turn into clouds of super heated plasma upon maturation.

"OH URIST NO THE SAPLING IS GROWING!!!"

Might not be able to do that, but you could probably have it bear fruit made of a superheated material that will ignite the tree.

Also, Magmamelons.

No no no no, I don't want to set trees on fire.

I want a tree that flowers rarely... But when it does, the entire surface world is swept away in a fury of heat dam. calculations as the rivers boil, the corpses vaporize and candy floats amongst the superheated air like a rolling blue cloud of wrath.

We could get that effect by making the tree with flowers of fiery doom not susceptible to heat damage and ignition... Might not make ☼everything☼ burn and die, but it would make most of that in the immediate vicinity do it... and the plasma is probably undo-able... unless part of said flower were to vaporize and make a rolling blue mist.

Not if we make sentient !!MAGMA!! and give it the flyer tag.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2012, 05:06:18 pm »

Superheated tree flowers? Pah! Fear my seasonal blooms of husking fruit that boils immediately that also coincides with migrant waves and sieges!

Which then also wipes them out half a year later with the very same tree dropping superheated leaves in the fall. Because deciduous trees.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2012, 12:39:09 am »

I think I might have to think about making a Naasicaa mod, gigantic surface mushrooms, swarms of killer insects, and gigantic rotting nucleaqr warriors.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »

the spinning Xxoak leafxX strikes the woodcutter in the head, breaking the skull and jamming the skull through the brain!

Urist mcWoodcutter had been found dead.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38:46 pm »

*Nuclear trees co is not responsible for loss of hair, life, or limb as a result of improperly or properly using their products.
Nom nom nom

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2012, 05:19:12 am »

From yesterday's devlog it looks like climbing will be exactly what I thought. I just really hope he can work out pathing problems to get the climbing/jumping system into fortress mode.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #172 on: October 15, 2012, 12:28:01 pm »

*Nuclear trees co is not responsible for loss of hair, life, or limb as a result of improperly or properly using their products.
*Possible side effects may include genocide.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 15, 2012, 12:57:19 pm »

In Forest biome, could have some of Treeman. He just looks a tree, not appear in the list of other units, and if you try to cut it, well, new kind of fun!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #174 on: October 15, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »

In Forest biome, could have some of Treeman. He just looks a tree, not appear in the list of other units, and if you try to cut it, well, new kind of fun!
Justification for deforesting the entire biome acquired.

This just in! Rumors of Tree-man drive dwarven genocide against several thousand acres of nearby forest.

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 15, 2012, 01:32:55 pm »

Justification for deforesting the entire biome acquired.

This just in! Rumors of Tree-man drive dwarven genocide against several thousand acres of nearby forest.

Immunity to Bolts maybe?

Bonus for evil biomes with purple and high density Glumprong-Man, or the Climson Blood Thorn Man.

Praise Armok, the Last march of Ents arrived!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 15, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

I think at that point it would be almost nessicary that dwarves could tame underground trees or ally with them to unleash to the surface.  So that when the elves show up with the ents to wage war you unleash the hordes of fungal trees to fight with you.
Nom nom nom

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:53 pm »

That's JUST what we need.  A mambo line of vomiting tree creatures leaving a multi-colored trail of ~'s across the field of battle!

Note to self:  Find out what colors Tree-variant Man vomit come in.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2012, 01:01:14 pm »

That's JUST what we need.  A mambo line of vomiting tree creatures leaving a multi-colored trail of ~'s across the field of battle!

Amber of course!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:29 pm »

Amber of course!
what about fossilized amber? can we play Jurassic Dwarf now? lol!!!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15