Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Trees, man.  (Read 35614 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Trees, man.
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:43 pm »

Well, in all seriousness, we know we can get trees to grow ITEMS, but not CREATURES.  That's important.  What I'd like to find out is if body parts count as ITEMS, as far as being created by a reaction (which is what growing fruits will be, essentially).

If you can get a tree that grows Badger Heads, Goblin Left Lower Arms and Moose Skins, Armok help you when the Necro comes to town!

The bones should be a trivial addition, however.  Which will make crafting really easy to stock up on.

All I need to say about this is Admantine. Think about it.

Adaman-tree. At least you won't crush your dorfs!

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2012, 12:31:16 am »

Well, in all seriousness, we know we can get trees to grow ITEMS, but not CREATURES.  That's important.  What I'd like to find out is if body parts count as ITEMS, as far as being created by a reaction (which is what growing fruits will be, essentially).

If you can get a tree that grows Badger Heads, Goblin Left Lower Arms and Moose Skins, Armok help you when the Necro comes to town!

The bones should be a trivial addition, however.  Which will make crafting really easy to stock up on.

Also Adman-trees means no more digging for HFS. Although now that I think about it that might be a downside.
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2012, 12:33:46 am »

Also Adman-trees means no more digging for HFS. Although now that I think about it that might be a downside.
How about spoilerite? I'm sure that would make logging funner.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2012, 12:49:18 am »

Sorry I'm not too familier about what spoilerite is. The wiki has too many spoilers.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2012, 12:52:05 am »

Sorry I'm not too familier about what spoilerite is. The wiki has too many spoilers.
Spoilerite is refered to as such do to the fact that, while candy can make sense out of context, spoilerite is almost always mentioned in concurrrence with the circus.

Suffice to say its a fantastically dense mateial.

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:48 am »

Spoilerite is refered to as such do to the fact that, while candy can make sense out of context, spoilerite is almost always mentioned in concurrrence with the circus.

Suffice to say its a fantastically dense mateial.

Ohhh thanks I understand now.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2012, 02:13:19 am »

Yes, but how will you cut your adaman trees ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15:35 am »

With a copper axe.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2012, 04:25:05 am »

Carefully. Rumour has it they're hollow, and the roots go a long, long way down...
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2012, 05:20:36 am »

You can cave-in these trees to make them fall on clowns, then ?
After 100z, that must hurt...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43:22 am »

As much as they can be made in reactions!

By which I mean, nothing treated as  a body part, including bones, can be made in reactions, so they probably won't be made by trees either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2012, 11:16:00 am »

What I want to know is if I can make self igniting trees that turn into clouds of super heated plasma upon maturation.

"OH URIST NO THE SAPLING IS GROWING!!!"

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2012, 02:12:25 pm »

What I want to know is if I can make self igniting trees that turn into clouds of super heated plasma upon maturation.

Might not be able to do that, but you could probably have it bear fruit made of a superheated material that will ignite the tree.

Also, Magmamelons.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #163 on: October 03, 2012, 02:37:13 pm »

Might not be able to do that, but you could probably have it bear fruit made of a superheated material that will ignite the tree.

Also, Magmamelons.

No no no no, I don't want to set trees on fire.

I want a tree that flowers rarely... But when it does, the entire surface world is swept away in a fury of heat dam. calculations as the rivers boil, the corpses vaporize and candy floats amongst the superheated air like a rolling blue cloud of wrath.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 03, 2012, 02:49:59 pm »

Also, Magmamelons.

No no no no, I don't want to set trees on fire.

I want a tree that flowers rarely... But when it does, the entire surface world is swept away in a fury of heat dam. calculations as the rivers boil, the corpses vaporize and candy floats amongst the superheated air like a rolling blue cloud of wrath.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15