Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak  (Read 19629 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2012, 04:54:51 pm »

Hmm... I was just playing v 1.9.5 (might be fixed in Alpha, not sure) but when I read the description of a brass speargolem (came with migrants) it said that "this model is fitted with a hammer" (Or something along those lines). Is this mistake fixed in the current build? :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2012, 06:00:04 pm »

thanks arclance :) Will it automatically add what I do write in the metatags.txt ? It looks like it does, and that would be fabolous.

godlysockpuppet: Yep, you are right... all speargolems seem to have a hammer acording to the description. Is noted :) Thanks to you as well.

I am currently waiting on (DSL, still not here, so no up/downloading of anything in the mb-size) as well as the work socrates did on the manual, and mechanixm did on alphabetizing and refining the reactions. Believe me guys, as soon as I have DSL I will join the fray and code again. It is just no fun when I cant even download/install stuff like notepad++ or beyond compare.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2012, 06:11:35 pm »

thanks arclance :) Will it automatically add what I do write in the metatags.txt ? It looks like it does, and that would be fabolous.
Yes it is generated from metatags.txt, it will use whatever you add there.
I also made the save and load buttons remember the users metatag settings.
I set the code up so the metatags can be used by other parts of the GUI than the dropdown button I made so individual buttons can be made for metatags if desired.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 03:22:11 pm »

Code: [Select]
antman
[REACTION:ANTMAN_CIV]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:RUSTY_IRON]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:CHITIN]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:CARAPACE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:HARDENED_CARACAPE]

Quick bug submit with the HARDENED_CARACAPE :)

EDIT: Is it LAMELLAR or LLAMELAR ? just want to make sure my master list of Workflow commands can be updated (and eventually submitted for MDF2's manual if you'd like).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 03:25:51 pm by dukea42 »
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 06:11:06 pm »

The buttons in the gui are going to simple self-introspect and look at their own names, then search the mtags for one that matches the name of the button, then tie the button directly to that tag. All you are going to have to do to modify the behavior of the buttons in the gui is edit the mtags. By modifying the mtags themselves, users can even customize the buttons in the gui to do what they want.

To whoever is working on/helping with the manual:

Please, if you could.. TAG each section of the manual somehow with which items in the gui that section of the manual corresponds to.. this way the user can choose to view the Full manual, or (eventually) we can generate a custom version of the manual, that has removed items that are not relevant to the current settings.

for instance if you write an article about the elf's please tag it as entity.elf
the tags can follow any format you want, just as long as it contains an start / end and is mapable to a unique location in the 'tree' that is show in the new-gui

if this is done we can ALSO (eventually) extract and display the relevant help info for a specific item selected in the gui directly!

Remember also that I set up a project page for masterwork 2 at javaforge: javaforge.com/project/MWDF
either me or meph can add you to the project after you create an account.

There is a wiki there, a bug tracker, and a code repo (that I will set up fully with meph once his computer is fully on-line) for the raws and launcher source code. Please use that site to gather and track and index things so that they do not get 'lost' in the thread as it gets longer and longer.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:03:17 pm by zenerbufen »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 07:30:11 pm »

if this is done we can ALSO (eventually) extract and display the relevant help info for a specific item selected in the gui directly!

Holy shit that would be awesome!
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2012, 09:04:46 pm »

Holy shit that would be awesome!
Just to clarify, that would be select in the masterwork launcher gui, not in the game. (still awesome?)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2012, 04:21:19 am »

You still wouldn't have to look it up manually, so yes.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2012, 02:21:08 pm »

godlysockpuppet: Yep, you are right... all speargolems seem to have a hammer acording to the description. Is noted :) Thanks to you as well.

I am currently waiting on (DSL, still not here, so no up/downloading of anything in the mb-size) as well as the work socrates did on the manual, and mechanixm did on alphabetizing and refining the reactions. Believe me guys, as soon as I have DSL I will join the fray and code again. It is just no fun when I cant even download/install stuff like notepad++ or beyond compare.

Yep, I'd have it finished last week, but I've had major work to do between now and then.  The reactions section will be done soon, pending my real-life workload this week.  I've filled out 85% of the reactions, then will double-check to verify information is correct in reaction portion of guide, followed by the link idea Zenerbufen thought of...if Meph approves it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:09:11 am by Socrates27 »

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2012, 02:37:57 pm »

The buttons in the gui are going to simple self-introspect and look at their own names, then search the mtags for one that matches the name of the button, then tie the button directly to that tag. All you are going to have to do to modify the behavior of the buttons in the gui is edit the mtags. By modifying the mtags themselves, users can even customize the buttons in the gui to do what they want.

To whoever is working on/helping with the manual:

Please, if you could.. TAG each section of the manual somehow with which items in the gui that section of the manual corresponds to.. this way the user can choose to view the Full manual, or (eventually) we can generate a custom version of the manual, that has removed items that are not relevant to the current settings.

for instance if you write an article about the elf's please tag it as entity.elf
the tags can follow any format you want, just as long as it contains an start / end and is mapable to a unique location in the 'tree' that is show in the new-gui

Remember also that I set up a project page for masterwork 2 at javaforge: javaforge.com/project/MWDF
either me or meph can add you to the project after you create an account.

There is a wiki there, a bug tracker, and a code repo (that I will set up fully with meph once his computer is fully on-line) for the raws and launcher source code. Please use that site to gather and track and index things so that they do not get 'lost' in the thread as it gets longer and longer.

Sent you an email Zenerbufen.

oliverosky95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2012, 06:08:56 pm »

Sorry if i not posted more about my plugin in this time, but i am having some RL problems :(

i will try to keep working on the plugin if i have more time

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »

Hello Team!

I am making excellent progress on the RAW Sorting Project I have assigned myself.  I've currently sorted all of the inorganic_*** files, along with the following Workshops: Stonecutter, Furniture Maker, Gemforge, Gemcutter, and Rockforge.

Here are some screen shots of the fruit of my labors.  I'm sure you'll all agree that things definitely look nicer.

Embark - Stones Menu

Embark - Metal Bars

Embark - Blocks

Here is the menu you get in the Metalsmith's Forge when you go to choose the metal material.  Beautiful, right?

Furniture Maker Block Reactions 1st Page

Rockforge Workshop Block Reactions 1st Page

Stonecutter Workshop Block Reactions 1st Page

Stockpiles - Metal Ores

Stockpiles - Economic Stone

Stockpiles - Rough Gems

Stockpiles - Metal Blocks (page 2 I think)

That's it for now.  My next task is to tackle the ITEM Raws.

I've sent Meph all of the RAWs that I sorted and the updated workshop reaction RAWs he asked me to send him that are represented (and more) in these screenshots.

If anyone has any questions or feedback, please let me know.

Thanks-

Mechanixm

p.s.  Crap...yes...I just noticed the naming discrepancy in the Stonecutter workshop of the magma-safe stuff.  I will change build to craft so it matches everything else.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2012, 02:58:27 pm »

Almost two days and no comments yet?  Am I the only one that likes things to be alphabetized and nice and neat?  :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2012, 04:24:40 pm »

Almost two days and no comments yet?  Am I the only one that likes things to be alphabetized and nice and neat?  :)
I enjoy it. Just didn't feel the need to express it :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2012, 02:23:42 am »

I appreciate all the work you put into it, but I'm not 100% that alphabetized==neat.  For example I think i'd prefer they be sorted by the noun (mithril, iron, steel) rather that the adjective (raw, coarse, rusty).  And at the rockforge, I don't care nearly as much about alphabet as that they're sorted by type of object: ammo -- weapons -- traps.  I'm not sure I remember what the sorting was before?

I wasn't going to complain but since you're going out of your way to ask for feedback :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9