Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Feudalism Redux  (Read 14873 times)

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
Re: Feudalism Redux
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2012, 04:59:17 pm »

Nice history! Where are you located on the map, I wonder? And speaking of... What's happened to it? I am dying to see it. Also, I guess I want this to move forward at a better clip (although it's the weekend now and a lot of us will be busier).

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2012, 05:03:22 pm »

I think the Ironstone house would get along with Redcliff. They sound similar. I had dwarves as a vague inspiration for the House of Redcliff, so someone who lives in the caverns and mainly uses metals and such would have a lot in common with them. Do the caverns have any mushrooms or whatever? We could set up a trade of wheat and other surface crops for fungus.
There are some cave mushrooms, perhaps enough to feed thirty people for a month can be gathered every year without damaging the mushroom patches beyond regrowth. We currently have no ability to farm said mushrooms and must rely on them to grow back (all of those outcomes were rolled for sake of fun :P)
Hm, well then some kind of food importation would be a good idea no? I can imagine those mushrooms and alcohol brewed from them being valuable luxury foods, like that luxury coffee IRL brewed from beans that have gone through the digestive tract of some kind of weasel or whatever, and so would fetch several times their weight in wheat at minimum.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2012, 05:07:55 pm »

I think the Ironstone house would get along with Redcliff. They sound similar. I had dwarves as a vague inspiration for the House of Redcliff, so someone who lives in the caverns and mainly uses metals and such would have a lot in common with them. Do the caverns have any mushrooms or whatever? We could set up a trade of wheat and other surface crops for fungus.
There are some cave mushrooms, perhaps enough to feed thirty people for a month can be gathered every year without damaging the mushroom patches beyond regrowth. We currently have no ability to farm said mushrooms and must rely on them to grow back (all of those outcomes were rolled for sake of fun :P)
Hm, well then some kind of food importation would be a good idea no? I can imagine those mushrooms and alcohol brewed from them being valuable luxury foods, like that luxury coffee IRL brewed from beans that have gone through the digestive tract of some kind of weasel or whatever, and so would fetch several times their weight in wheat at minimum.
You guys can also band together to do some agriculture, figure out a way to grow the shrooms along with increasing wheat yields.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2012, 05:11:12 pm »

Of course, a trade deal sounds great, half my mushrooms for wheat being brought in to feed my people sounds nice. :3 Must not starve, now that would suck :P

You guys can also band together to do some agriculture, figure out a way to grow the shrooms along with increasing wheat yields.

Outsiders are not welcome in Ironstone City currently, all trading/meetings/etc. are held in Ironwood Pass, Zanzar trusts few to enter his city, and sees it as a way to find something to repent for his brother's crimes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »

That could be neat.

Of course, a trade deal sounds great, half my mushrooms for wheat being brought in to feed my people sounds nice. :3 Must not starve, now that would suck :P
Excellent. We have a deal.

Outsiders are not welcome in Ironstone City currently, all trading/meetings/etc. are held in Ironwood Pass, Zanzar trusts few to enter his city, and sees it as a way to find something to repent for his brother's crimes.
If we find the time or need, you can send some mushroom seeds to the Isle of Fire and we can prepare an artificial cavern or something. Or you could set up something near Ironwood Pass. We could work something out, couldn't we?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2012, 05:15:35 pm »

Of course, given time :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

I'm glad.
Redcliff doesn't have lots of allies, but it treats those it has well. Erm...where is the most recent map, and is Ironstone City or Ironwood Pass on it?
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2012, 05:49:23 pm »

For sake of keepin some order heres teh current turn order (:3)
Current Order: Loud Whispers -> Elu -> pisskop -> Edio -> me -> Zrk2
Loud Whispers still has it I believe, hopefully has it done soon. As for the two places, only Ironstone City is drawn out since its in the underground map and didn't need the main map to be done to do :P

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2012, 05:52:49 pm »

Mapcheck
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2012, 06:10:57 pm »

For sake of keepin some order heres teh current turn order (:3)
Current Order: Loud Whispers -> Elu -> pisskop -> Edio -> me -> Zrk2
Loud Whispers still has it I believe, hopefully has it done soon. As for the two places, only Ironstone City is drawn out since its in the underground map and didn't need the main map to be done to do :P
How close do you think Ironwood Pass would be to the lake?
Sig

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »

It'll either be in the upper right corner, or the lower right, so quite far sadly

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2012, 08:16:50 pm »

Hm...logistics for trade will be difficult, especially as neither of us seems to have a sizeable army...
Sig

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2012, 10:35:52 pm »

I don't understand the discussion. Lately Korenberg merchants has made tons of profit from Ironwood pass.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:02 pm »

Yeah, but I'd imagine that someone who keeps to himself and taxes trade over the lake is unlikely to have lots of allies...
Sig

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2012, 02:35:10 pm »

So who does have the map?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10