Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Good Old Games  (Read 8369 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Good Old Games
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 08:04:48 pm »

gangsters organized crime is now out on gog ! i love this site so much
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »

du...dungeon keeper?...
*cry all his body-water out, and when he runs out of body-water, cry all his blood out*

I MIZZED YOU ZO MUUUUUCH!! BUU-HUUU-HUUUUU *snif*
This is the EXACT reason that GOG exists.

mushroom_ff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 09:47:15 pm »

GOG has a sale on D&D games for the next few days, so if some people have not play some of these classics like Baulder's gate 1&2, Icewind Dale 1&2, and others, this would be a great time to get them.
I myself hadn't played ICD, so I figured this would be a great time to get them.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »

So, GOG's announcement came out. Haven't seen it all, but they've announced a huge pay what you want bundle on Interplay games, as well as MAC VERSIONS ( :D :D ) of a bunch of games and a sale on some favorite PC games.

Oh, and another new free game. And also a handful of nice releases. Is that the 8th or 9th game they give out for free just for signing up an account?

Links:
http://www.gog.com/interplay/
http://www.gog.com/news/gogcom_goes_mac
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:50 pm »

So, any suggestions from that list, guys?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 05:18:50 pm »

I played the heck out of conquest of the new world as a kid...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 06:05:05 pm »

That pretty nice to bad I have all the good one out of it already :'(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2012, 09:15:02 pm »

Kinda pissed that HardWar isn't on there. Best interplay game.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50:35 pm »

GoG is doing a sale on EA games for the next 3 days and 4 hours (the countdown is shown on the sale page):
http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ea_weekend_promo_02_11_12

Each of these is $2.39 (not sure what it is outside the US), or $62.14 for all all 26 games:
SID MEIER'S ALPHA CENTAURI™
SIMCITY 2000™ SPECIAL EDITION
DUNGEON KEEPER™
DUNGEON KEEPER™ 2
THEME HOSPITAL
POPULOUS™
POPULOUS™ 2: TRIALS OF THE OLYMPIAN GODS
POPULOUS™: THE BEGINNING
MAGIC CARPET™
SYNDICATE™
WING COMMANDER™ 1+2
WING COMMANDER™ 3 HEART OF THE TIGER™
WING COMMANDER™ 4: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
WING COMMANDER ®: PRIVATEER ™
ULTIMA™ 1+2+3
ULTIMA™ 4+5+6
ULTIMA™ 7 THE COMPLETE EDITION
ULTIMA™ 8 GOLD EDITION
ULTIMA™ 9: ASCENSION
ULTIMA® UNDERWORLD 1+2
NOX™
LANDS OF LORE™ 1+2
LANDS OF LORE 3
CRUSADER: NO REMORSE™
CRUSADER: NO REGRET™
STARFLIGHT™ 1+2

A lot of good stuff there (I'm not sure what Ultima 9 is doing on GoG, though!). I'm going to pick up Starflight 1+2, myself.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 07:54:21 pm »

I guess I have to buy Theme Hospital again.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 08:00:20 pm »

All of my argh.
At least a third of my wishlist on gog is on that list of yours, and I do not have the money to buy any of them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

Honestly even though I know Ultima 9 is absolutely terrible... It kinda falls under the "If you have been following the game this long, you have to play it... to at least see how far the game has fallen"

Also yes Theme Hospital is great.

In fact oddly enough it is the best of the "Hospital Sim" games. Which is interesting given that "Theme Park" was absolutely defeated by Rollercoaster Tycoon.

They have actually attempted to make modern "Theme Hospital" games and failed, often badly. I guess it is just the charm that is so hard to get. I mean the game is hardly perfect (Ohh dear goodness the bathrooms) but you would have thought by now someone would have stepped up.

Also while I like Lands of Lore it is brutally difficult outside of combat (and sometimes in combat... DANG that boss... how was I supposed to know that was the solution?)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 02:20:54 am »

The classic X-Wing series is always a fun/awesome game to play once in awhile. Especially Tie Fighter. X-Wing Alliance seems old enough to consider worthy of the list as well.

Nothing like dogfighting in the middle of a minefield, or being part of a fighter/bomber wing destroying a star destroyer/Mon Calamari cruiser.

While I'm on the topic of simulator games, you can't forget Crimson Skies. That was a fun game.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:22:45 am by Itnetlolor »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 03:53:32 am »

edit: I just grab 3

Why is every game made by Bullfrog pure Gold
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:57:46 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 04:50:29 am »

Is that Magic Carpet in there???!!!??? I have been looking for that for ages due to never likeing to Torrent. I finish work in around 5 hours. Please tell me that deal is still going...

edit: I just grab 3

Why is every game made my Bullfrog pure Gold
Because they were gods of simulators and such. I mean watch how The Settlers went after Settlers 2. After Bullfrog was shut down or moved or split up or whatever happened to them all their IPs went downhill after being bought by others...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:56:08 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5