Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Good Old Games  (Read 8370 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good Old Games
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2012, 11:18:38 pm »

Unfortunately my mother took my spending money... so now I cannot take advantage of the Point and Click sale... LUCKLY I can get EXACTLY one.

Its a shame as there are three items in this sale that are a must have for me... unfortunately Sarcastic girl and 50s Ghost detective is the most attractive choice right now.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27:33 pm »

I have to admit, I was really happy to see the Savage Empire on there for free. It wasn't the best game... but I played it a whole hell of a lot when I was a kid. It had some primitive crafting in it, and dinosaurs. And ancient mayan robots.

Ah, nostalgia.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 06:40:23 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:54:32 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 07:08:15 am »

Hhhhgggnn

King of Dragon pass

I once torrented it, because its impossible to buy anywhere... but now ~gladly spends the 5 $~

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:02 am »

What is this King of Dragon Pass?  It looks epic. 

Its 6 bucks, not 5.  99 cent marketing scheme.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 09:17:55 am »

What is this King of Dragon Pass?  It looks epic. 

Its 6 bucks, not 5.  99 cent marketing scheme.
Have a videos.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 11:51:57 am »

Just as a question. How does GOG gain selling/reselling rights to a game where the company that developed it, and even sometimes the company that published it and distributed it, went bust?

Is it simply contacting the people that were involved in making it? Those involved in publishing or distributing it? The legacy companies of these things? Is GOG itself a legacy company of sorts? Is it an IP/trademark/copyright concern?

The IP ownership always goes somewhere.  There's always some organization that takes over a dead company, puts it into receivership or liquidation.  (If it's a privately held company, the rights probably revert to the founders/owners or their heirs.)

So yeah, do some detective work and contact the heirs.  They may not even know they hold the rights!

It seems like game IP tends to go to the publisher if the developer folds.  Which is one of the reasons I think that some publishers deliberately arrange for developers to fold every few years.  (Conspiracy theories us.)

I just wanna know why I can't legally buy No One Lives Forever 1 or 2 as digital download instead of going to some probably shady Eastern European vendor with ‘backstock’.  (Instead, I did something we're not supposed to mention on this forum.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 12:10:49 pm »

We've mentioned it plenty here. but in discussion; not literally talking about where x got y from Arr.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:17 pm »

And if there are no heirs it actually goes to their property.

There are only a few games that fall under that situation.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »

Ohhh star topia is on GoG now I'm so happy, now I just need space colony
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 12:34:51 am »

Hit me up some King of Dragon's Pass...

Normal/Hard mode is... really hard.  Constantly getting raided year round.  Casualties of my weaponthanes end up bringing in even more tribes raiding me...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2012, 12:38:20 am »

Hit me up some King of Dragon's Pass...

Normal/Hard mode is... really hard.  Constantly getting raided year round.  Casualties of my weaponthanes end up bringing in even more tribes raiding me...

Yeah well...

This is sort of a game where Hard mode and even Normal mode is for people who played the game and know the secrets.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 03:55:21 am »

Holy cow, I played that game a really long time ago but can't quite remember whether I enjoyed it or not. I've heard wonders about it! I don't supposed there's a demo?

Holy crap! I just browsed GoG since I hadn't done that for a while, and they are adding TONS of games. Nexus The Jupiter Incident is now on there, Syndicate, Theme Hospital, Populous: the Beginning, Silent Storm Gold, Blitzkrieg, and all sorts of stuff!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 04:29:45 am by Anvilfolk »

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2012, 09:12:43 pm »

I absolutely love GoG. I have found many great games that I now love that I missed out on when I was younger (no computer). Personally, I like their selection a lot more than Steam. I am currently working on finishing Geneforge 2, after beating 3, 4, and 5.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2012, 10:41:42 pm »

Cool. I was just wondering what happens with it all. I guess the whole IP/copyright/trademark thing is even more relevant to games than it is to books or movies these days (the gaming industry outgrosses and outprofits both and has for a while). I love the idea that there's a game company not only selling the classics, but also in many cases updating a little code (or startup files, or dosbox-ing) old games so that they're easy to run under newer operating systems.

It's my birthday next week, so I know I'll be buying myself at least a few pressies.
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5