Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Indiefort championship out now! 24 games for only 19.99!  (Read 8869 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Indiefort championship out now! 24 games for only 19.99!
« on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:18 am »

I was trying to keep this under wraps, but someone took a massive leak all over the place (pun intended).

Anyways, we are going to be offering over 20 games this time, and it won't be a bundle PER-SE. We will offer a series of purchase options for 3, 6, 9, or ALL games, and let the client pick which ones they want, more of a self-serve bundle sort of thing.

I can't auth a full list of the games on offer, but there are a few sites with speculation and/or semi-complete lists of games.

I have also gotten an IRC web chat set up so you can all speak to the dev's themselves.

http://webchat.freenode.net/  (the chat channel is #indiegathering).

feel free to pop on by!

EDIT : PLATINUM BUNDLE IS INCOMING. ALL 24 TITLES FOR 19.99!

Have a good one everyone!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:40:14 am by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Indiefort championship due to hit tomorrow.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 08:15:12 am »

Back in ye'old days when my beard was yet young, we would bring the games out of the darks of the  net and throw them before our most brilliant minds, but in these days the devs come to us.

Looking forward to it

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

I am super excited for this! It will be interesting to see how this works out and I bet a lot of distributors will be looking at this new model! I will surely be buying the complete set as I can honestly say that these are the best bunch of indies I have seen in a long time. NOT the usual junk we have been seeing from indie bundles, but rather some awesome games like Dark Scavenger and Survivors of Ragnarok, etc.

Also, it seems like some of the self-made bundles will be $1 per game?!!?!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 10:13:22 am »

Regarding the self serve model, you CAN get to 1 buck a game yes. with the 9 pack you pay 9 bucks and get any 9 games you choose, so essentially that WILL be the best deal initially.

I'm stunned by the sheer volume of hits we are recieving. It's nothing like other indie fort's that I launched, I'm quite thankful for it to be honest.

Being frank and personal, I want this to be successful for two reasons, the first and most important is for the devs. I always want them to get the best exposure possible, without loosing an insane amount of money due to poor sales figures or weird pricing schemes.

The second is a personal one. I am a soldier in the spanish armed forces, and am looking to transition into indie-related work for a living. This is pretty much the sum of three months of hard work, as I run 8-27 hour shifts on base, then put in AT LEAST 7 hours of Indiefort related work a day. Sometimes I will just hide in the bathroom on base and open up my phone and use skype there, it's starting to get so stressful that I don't know how much longer I can keep up!

So basically if this turns out really well I'd be able to transition into this, and SOLELY this, which would make me a VERY happy camper!
Poysky Productions

Romulas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 04:31:06 pm »

I can feel you Alex, as a developer of one of the bundled games. Started to work on it while I was in military with a pretty crappy computer, can't tell how stressful and tiring it was.
I hope this is going to be a success for all of us! I'll buy all games except mine, lol

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:59:41 pm »

Must say i am impressed by the list of so many great games. really job well done alex. it is by no doubt the best indie fort you were able to manage, and the concept behind it is neat.

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 09:46:00 am »

It's up!

24 games, we have officially launched the largest bundle ever!

www.indiefort.com

If you get an error, clear your cache, if you only see 9 games, open with a diffeent browser (I:E works best for some odd reason)

Wish us luck guys!

Poysky Productions

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:54 am »

Does it include Steam-keys?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 10:35:11 am »

Mmm.  I like the format of this indie bundle a lot.  Solves my usual problem of "I've already got 3 of those games".  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:57:48 am »

I know many of the titles are already on greenlight, I also believe that hacker is already on steam. I am not completely sure about the steam avialability, handling so many games at once has my brain in overload, let me ask and get back on it!

ninja fake edit * Yep we can offer steam keys if they have steam linked to the gamersgate profile. I believe hacker has it set up like that. If any of the games get on steam soonish (3-4 months) we can also retrofit them with steam keys for you all. so it's a multi-part yes*
Poysky Productions

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2012, 11:12:34 am »

It's okay. Nothing very tempting and lots of overlap from past bundles. The only ones worth the cash are the more expensive ones. I only have $2 in blue coins so I can't just throw those at something.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2012, 11:53:41 am »

It's okay. Nothing very tempting and lots of overlap from past bundles. The only ones worth the cash are the more expensive ones. I only have $2 in blue coins so I can't just throw those at something.

Are you serious?!?!!? I got $53 worth of games for $9! Most of them were not in other bundles as far as I know. I got:
Project Black Sun

Blue Libra

Black Market

Survivors of Ragnarök

Dark Scavenger

Orbitron: Revolution

Will Fight for Food

Zombie Football Carnage

Sentinel 3: Homeworld
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 12:00:56 pm »

Survivors of Ragnarök

I'd love to hear the state of that one when you get to it.  I wasn't going to choose that one because it's still in development, but it looked like it had a lot of potential. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »

agree with bigd, i don't see 3 games in the whole bundle that interest me :(

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 12:17:25 pm »

Air buccaneers sounds great, so do blue libra and star prospector.

As for Ragnarok, i haven't updated it in quite some time, but at the last time i did, it was pretty clunky and empty, yet showed great potential.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6