Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Indiefort championship out now! 24 games for only 19.99!  (Read 8863 times)

Rydl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Indiefort championship out now! 24 games for only 19.99!
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2012, 11:06:36 pm »

This bundle is over in less than 12 hours.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2012, 04:15:43 am »

OK, bought myself few games. There are actually 27 games now, and for a price of 17.99€ for full pack! Quite splendid.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2012, 04:55:19 am »

Sigh... I forgot my Password for Gamersgate, AND, I have forgotten my password for my shitty hotmail account that was attached to Gamersgate, AND, Hotmail is being SHITTY with me in getting me back my password thus leaving me to choose Gmail over it...

I am now locked out of my Gamersgate account... Bugger it I am making a new one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2012, 06:54:24 am »

Was able to squeeze in right here towards the end for a 3 pack---certainly quite a bundle.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2012, 07:09:34 am »

OMG INFLUENCE IS BLOODY FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!
Each colour is a different pitch of a different instrument, Yellow for Guitar, Green for Xylophone or something like that, as each game is played the music is created as you and the other players/AI capture neutral ids and the speed and tempo is dedicated by the way you capture them, cap a lot through small numbers and you have a slow beat, cap a lot in one go and you have a rapid tempo, as the game goes on the same rhythm that you have had up till the next set of captures is continuously played by your ids, getting softer as you go on without a capture as the other players keep capturing and getting louder and louder. After your finished though you can go back and listen to the WHOLE SONG in a single sitting without the mind playing towards staying alive and capping...
A Beautiful game about making music...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:38 am »

Guys, thank you all so much for your support! From the bottom of the dev's collective hearts, a heartfelt thanks goes out to all who supported our endeavour!

I hope you guys had as much fun as we did!
Poysky Productions

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2012, 07:21:01 am »

Ok, so it's two weeks since promo ended and I hope this bumping does not seem as too much of a necro - but I'm interested, what did you buy and what are your opinions?

My list:

Blue Libra - Played few missions, seems quite fun. Seems quite easy at first, but I can sense some nice strategic elements bellow. Minimalistic interface and graphics are also both nice.

Cell: emergence - Stopped at third stage, not entirely sure how I was supposed to do things right there, but looks promising. I dig the whole setting. And I find it surprisingly scary when the Growth starts to suddenly get out of control, infecting everything around you.

DEMISE: Ascension - hooked from the start. I did not read the manual on purpose, just dived in to see how far will I got. As expected, not far. I am slowly learning, still do not understand tons of mechanics (wait, you can get to level 500+ in some guilds??) and did not try multiplayer yet, but I am definitely not regretting buying this game.

Girl with a Heart of - this one blew me away right from the start. The dialogs, the choices, the world. I am guessing you can even make story progress differently depending to which side of the screen you walk during dream sequence, but even if that is not so, still great game. Put in on hold due to Demise, but I can see finishing this game multiple times somewhere in the future.

Influence - artistically charming and also fun to play. It's fairly simple, a "big fish eats smaller to grow to eat even bigger fish" but with few twists and a multiplayer. Also the whole idea or some sort of back story is very neatly incorporated in whole gameplay, but that of course depends on how seriously you take this game. Small details, but I like them.

Pe-2 Dive Bomber - fun arcade that can get quite hardcore from the very start, if you choose so. Saddly, I've either encountered some bugs or I simply do not understand some gameplay mechanic - seems like I am not receiving any (vital!) weapon points after finished missions, despite victory screen saying otherwise, and next time I run the game, my pilot was not saved. I really hope this are not bugs and I've just missed something...

Survivors of Ragnarök - well, the firs impression was not good. Made it past splassscreen to settings window, only to be throw back to desktop as soon as I tried to launch the actual game. After looking around on the official forums the only sensible solution I've found was to run SoR exe as administrator - and it worked! But troubles did not end here. I can barely play it for few minutes without CTD, for it seems like alpha 21 introduced some serious bugs together with new pathfinding system. Example - click on a block your dwarf cant reach (say, sky) and the game crashes. Alpha 23 is supposed to fix many problems, but it's not available on GG yet, only last sunday being reported that this should be taken care of, more than two weeks since release. From their forums I've also learned that the community AS WELL as the devs need to mature a bit.
But not all is looking bleak - from what i can tell, the game shows potential as fun little and simple building/managment dwarfy game and I'm sure it's troubles will be solved, given time.

Will Fight for Food - looks like fun mesh-up of adventure/fighting game, but currently I am still to figure out how to properly use that chat mechanics and as of fighting - it is true, as one review warned, that it can be a bit shallow with only three types of attack. but I am liking the story and setting so yeah, looks like fun.

3079 - already had this one, but bought another copy just so would not feel bad if I ever wanted to play it over net with my brother/sister.

I have not tried the Volvo game you get for free from GG.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2012, 07:27:26 am »

Wait, what's this then now oh.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 07:32:48 am »

well, now that I think about it, it seems a bit silly for me to bump this topic, given it's name. Yeah, the promo ended two weeks ago, but I thought it would be better to post in this topic rather than search each specific game on the forums or even create new threads just to post my opinion in every single one of them.

Maybe I was wrong, eh. Maybe should have created "Thoughts on games from last Indiefort championship" thread or something, sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]