Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Various things for modding...  (Read 6726 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Various things for modding...
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 09:01:33 pm »

Probably.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »

I just tested. The Soldiers are fully capable of bringing down both unarmed and armed with a revolver humans, when supplied with a steel fire axe and machete. However, I then sent 30 Spartans (humans with makeshift bronze spear, master everything) at the robots, though crippled, and not a single one died and few were wounded. Sent out again, against non-sripples, still no-one died. Is it balanced?

My new Gatherer caste works, next to add is the Artisans, then the Dragons
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 07:08:54 pm »

Balanced as what, compared to what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 07:21:36 am »

I don't know. Balanced with humans, I guess? An unskilled pocketknife user can easily kill an unarmed/unarmed/unskilled Soldier. Also, the dragons breathe the firey death of nobility.
My tumblr.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2012, 06:11:15 pm »

If I put this: [EBO_ITEM:GEM:INORGANIC:TOPAZ:2], will I get 2 topazes, or do I have to enter it twice? Do I need to give my dragons a special tag for flight? They have 2WINGS. How do I make an interaction for mending someone's wounds?
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2012, 06:23:17 pm »

EBO_ITEM:ROUGH:NONE:INORGANIC:TPOAZ would probably work better. GEM is a large gem, ROUGH is a rough gem, and you need a NONE after the first item token.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2012, 06:26:08 pm »

I want a cut gem, and two of them.
My tumblr.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »

SMALLGEM, and I dunno if you can do multiple with one tag.
Sig

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2012, 07:27:28 pm »

I still need my info on whether or not I need to give a special tag to my Dragons (they do have wings), and how to make an interaction that heals another person's wounds.
My tumblr.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2012, 07:36:09 pm »

You can't do multiple EBO_ITEM's with only 1 token. You need to have different body parts drop extra butcher objects if you want more then one.

To enable flight on a creature just add the [FLIER] token, no wings required (though they are certainly possible to have). All that having body parts with the [FLIER] token does is that if the creature can fly and 1/2 or more of it's FLIER body parts are damaged then it will no longer be able to fly.

To make an interaction that heals someone just make a transformation syndrome with START:0:END:1. It doesn't matter what they are transforming into since they will only be that way for a single tick. Note that this will fully heal someone, (there is currently no way to make a "partial healing" syndrome), and that it will cause them to drop everything that they currently have equipped.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »

re. partial healing, is:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:0:START:0:END:65]
not effective?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2012, 07:42:33 pm »

re. partial healing, is:
[CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:0:START:0:END:65]
not effective?
While that will indeed increase healing for it's duration, it's still fairly random on how much or whether they would heal, as well as healing over a period of time instead of instantly. So while that might work, it would require a fair amount of tweaking to get it to heal exactly the amount that you wanted.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:35 pm »

After waiting a few months to see if any of my GCS egg clutches hatched, an announcement popped up saying they did. I zoomed to the location, checked their body composition to make sure they had all their legs and eyes like normal little babies, and pronounced them healthy. Now all I need is to mod them so that they can encase targets in a cocoon of Giant Cave Spider Silk and save for them later, as apposed to simply biting them to death.

Alternatively: make them shoot magma.

Now, does anybody know if the quality of their training (IE semi-wild, skillfully trained) has any affect on animals other than taking longer to go feral?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 03:20:42 pm »

Now, does anybody know if the quality of their training (IE semi-wild, skillfully trained) has any affect on animals other than taking longer to go feral?
The only thing that quality of training does is make them take longer to go feral as well as influencing what training their babies have by default. Also note that if you train baby animals they instantly become "tame" and will never go feral again.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »

I'm currently working on plants. Substitute for rope reed:
Code: [Select]
[PLANT:COTTON]
[NAME:cotton][NAME_PLURAL:cotton][ADJ:cotton]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:2]