Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1175318 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [The Era of Brokenmugs]
« Reply #2175 on: February 12, 2014, 02:16:55 am »

I hate to double post, but I think I actually should get some bloody sleep, and consider this tomorrow if anyone grabs the dorf list and overseer-added rules.

And for reference, my planned drink this time will be about a third of a pint of 100-proof Southern Comfort. Not quite blotto unfortunately, but hopefully things will be Fun.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 12, 2014, 10:30:23 am »

I hate to double post, but I think I actually should get some bloody sleep, and consider this tomorrow if anyone grabs the dorf list and overseer-added rules.

And for reference, my planned drink this time will be about a third of a pint of 100-proof Southern Comfort. Not quite blotto unfortunately, but hopefully things will be Fun.
I think that you can pretty safely ignore the overseer-added rules since people haven't added any new ones for atleast a dozen turns and they are hard to follow while drunk anyway. The last time I tried following them I ended up losing my journal, somehow abandoning the fort and losing my memory of the rest of the evening  ::)

Edit:
I love that drunk fortress text near the dorf head. Nice
Also, anyone else notice that a single, non-forbidden door is all that separates our diningroom and magma and prevents our dorfs from becoming !!URIST!! Wait, I think that the diningroom is safe after all. The staircase will channel most of the magma into the bedrooms directly next to the bedrooms of nearly all of our named dorfs. Booze is safe. I think that was can just leave it like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:49:00 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 12, 2014, 11:03:05 am »

I think that you can pretty safely ignore the overseer-added rules since people haven't added any new ones for atleast a dozen turns and they are hard to follow while drunk anyway. The last time I tried following them I ended up losing my journal, somehow abandoning the fort and losing my memory of the rest of the evening  ::)

Yay. I did find that list of all prior players and lurkers, so I can dorf people. Having things to do today, I'll hopefully be able to play tonight if no one beats me to it.

Until then I at least have the save downloaded and in DF. I might do that raw-folder replacement someone mentioned will fix tileset issues. So long as no one added any mods that it would overwrite. >w>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 12, 2014, 11:22:33 am »

lol if there were any mods I overwrote them with my own raw replacement this last turn, so. XD  It's vanilla now!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: February 12, 2014, 08:08:14 pm »

Alright, it's morphing time, found a bottle of Bacardi rum with a ounce or two left to compliment the Southern Comfort, post will come in a moment.

Edit 1: Post ahoy, save  later tonight...doing better than expected, but next overseer will be having a bad day.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Save is up, yay? http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8417
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:19:33 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 13, 2014, 05:51:05 pm »

If we're still using the world I generated (I think I called it Drunker Fortress or something like that) then you'll find that the dwarves are happy to carve up elves and goblins and such to make food/soap out of them. Other than that there have been a few mods, but all have been wiped out by people putting in graphics, taking out graphics, putting in graphics, etc. Which is fine.

That turn was a crack up. I laughed harder than I have in a couple days. Especially at the bean cunter.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 13, 2014, 07:09:14 pm »

Great turn!  Even though I gave the vampire her own mason's workshop to give her a chair for an office lol, I wanted a walled-up vampire bookkeeper.  And for the record, there is water on the map - it's just down in cavern 3.  I discovered that trying to save the first injured dorf on my turn.

Me and my friends are going to attempt to do a group Drunk Fortress Saturday night, should be !!fun!!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 13, 2014, 07:21:07 pm »

Great turn!  Even though I gave the vampire her own mason's workshop to give her a chair for an office lol, I wanted a walled-up vampire bookkeeper.  And for the record, there is water on the map - it's just down in cavern 3.  I discovered that trying to save the first injured dorf on my turn.

Me and my friends are going to attempt to do a group Drunk Fortress Saturday night, should be !!fun!!

Oh flying derp, that explains the mason shop. I thought it was a complex scheme to dump rocks on him and somehow recover whatever useless crap he might be able to produce. Oh well, I put him to work smoothing and engraving the Seņor Ugly's mouth. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 14, 2014, 01:49:41 am »

lol.

Group Drunk Fortress sounds like the best idea ever. I look forward to this!

EDIT:
I may manage to bring myself to believe that another whack at this is a good idea this weekend sometime. I'll try, certainly. It's been a bit.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:10:18 pm by Bobnova »
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 15, 2014, 07:42:26 pm »

Lovely stuff! The theme is still up and running. Sign me in then.
Out of booze for now, unfortunately. But once there's enough, I'll take a turn and record it to Youtube or whatnot - just the game and me making silly puns and laughing at them. Man do I love doing that while drunk.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 16, 2014, 02:12:13 pm »

Bahaha, that was grand.
I love how both Yoinks are simultaneously on break... seems like DF is echoing real life, there! :D
Gonna have to grab some booze when I get home, and hopefully get the chance to do a turn in the not-too-distant future.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 17, 2014, 06:16:21 am »

This looks fun. How do I sign up for this?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 17, 2014, 09:39:21 am »

Quite simple, really. Get drunk, check if anyone else has said they're already playing and if it's free start playing. :)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 17, 2014, 12:00:35 pm »

This looks fun. How do I sign up for this?

It'll be fun to see a new player add to this, if you get a free evening to. Or morning, whatever. o3o

Just hope you don't encounter any irresistibly-tempting levers labelled "do not touch" like I did in my first run.

Thankfully, if I remember right, this fort pretty much lacked lever notes until my turn. So it's the unlabelled doomsday levers you'll have to watch out for. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 17, 2014, 03:32:19 pm »

Well, I'll let you guys know when I get my hands on some liquor.

Should not take too long :P
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 341