Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

A new drunken world is imminent. Should we try a modded world?

Yes!
No!
I am small and neutral, like Switzerland

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 341

Author Topic: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [We Hath Become Death, the Destroyers of Worlds]  (Read 1198885 times)

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! [Drunk Fortress: Come and Smell the Ashes]
« Reply #4545 on: July 02, 2016, 12:12:33 pm »

Since that implies they made their forts out of flammable materials, that proves they were not proper dwarves.
No, they were filled with crap stolen from elven caravans.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:25 pm »

You're supposed to decorate them and sell them back to the elves, so that's still undwarvenly.

Okay, except the wood and cloth. And the stuff you can brew.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bogwedgle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: July 02, 2016, 01:16:58 pm »

You're supposed to decorate them and sell them back to the elves, so that's still undwarvenly.

Okay, except the wood and cloth. And the stuff you can brew.
So, you know, everything that burns.
This is a resin mug. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Regret. This object menaces with spikes of alcohol poisoning. On the item is an image of a skeletal dragon in resin.  The artwork relates to the birth of bogwedgle in the early spring of 2016.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #4548 on: July 02, 2016, 11:37:31 pm »

Pfft. Dwarven fireworks could melt stone ignite an underground coal fire*.

(* - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: July 05, 2016, 02:57:43 am »

Anybody willing to destroy the Canadian flag and erect a new one this 4th of July? I don't think there could be any more patriotic statement, personally.

Armok's Beard, the temptation to be a smug sunofabitch is just overwhelming right now.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: July 05, 2016, 12:22:20 pm »

Better idea, just build a similar structure a bit south of that one, so we can still celebrate 'murrica's Hat Day. Then build one for Mexico below THAT, and sooner or later we'll have a whole fort just dedicated to pixel art of the world map, rendered in flags.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: July 05, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »

Expect a turn today. Or don't. We'll see about that.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: July 05, 2016, 11:27:22 pm »

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Won't do.

I've just spent about 3 hours with that save without accomplishing anything and actually sobering up to the thought. The whole place tanks at below 20 FPS, be it the only issue - it isn't. I'm actually quite patient when drunk. The problem is, when dipping below 20 the algorithms for hauling pathfinding or somesuch get mortally screwed (on this machine they do), resulting in pretty infuriating situations with lots of idlers and no shit done ever. Not sure if it's a bug or not, always though about it as my personal problem.

Anyways, my turn is hereby canceled. I'll gladly take another one on a smaller fort - I've got a nice idea for it. As for this mess, here:
Plug the damn everburning scroll already, dorfs are choking everywhere.
About half the population of 180 is useless bards somebody invited in for a sleepover. My original intention was to sit them all up on top of the unfinished magma piston and let them ride it down to hell. Who dug that thing anyway?
An entire dungeon of wood. Wood strewn across entire map. Wood under trees. Wood in your morning yogurt. If chopping it down didn't help, do something with it. Burn it into nondescript ash and dump it on top of an elven caravan. Turn it into a giant clear glass dong monument. Dump it into magma. Anything to rid of it.
Other than all that, the drunkfort I found surprisingly stable. You know, without any goblin, water or magma disasters. Finish it all up, I may step in next.

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: July 17, 2016, 02:16:46 am »

Wood... A dungeon made of wood... Made of... Wood...

I don't know how to even begin to conceive of that.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4555 on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:21 pm »

y'all're gon' need moar graves

drunkfort in a nutshell
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: July 25, 2016, 03:25:44 pm »

I find your lack of boozing disturbing
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #4557 on: July 27, 2016, 11:04:49 am »

i mean I've still got at least two years before i can do drunkfort things, don't look at me
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #4558 on: August 06, 2016, 11:09:12 pm »

Ñ

Meddadog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: August 12, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »

Is this still ongoing? I need to learn to play still but i wanna plaay if its still going
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 341