Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38572 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »

Emmanuel grimaced as his arm was broken by the animal's charge, teeth gritted to prevent anything but a grunt from escaping his lips. He felt the bones crack, and bit the bullet in his mouth in return. At least Avens had apparently taken down the cow, although his mood didn't improve any after being hit and doing nothing but trying to save his dignity after failing to dodge the animal's attack.

The second time he was hurt after setting foot on that hellhole, although admittedly the first time was Bubblegum's fault...He was just lucky modern medicine had ways to fix broken limbs back to pristine shape. He had learned that the more backwater worlds had people who felt terrible pains during cold weather and couldn't move their arms or legs properly due to the fact natural, unassisted ossification of the human body is generally lousy.
"Damn it."

If the cow is down, just go after medical help. If it isn't, just focus on dodging the damn thing, knocking it down with an elbow attack if it gets too close.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2012, 04:49:25 pm »

"Mr President, I need to know the specifics of the engagement against that empire. You sent me out to conquer a bloody backwater.Is this really a strategic location for them?"

Fleet is to engage the dreadnought and the ships accompanying him.

A survey team is sent ot New rheat o scan it for colonial purposes. an emiisary is sent ot he mining community, inviting them to become citizens of republic.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2012, 07:27:59 pm »

He places a hand on his suited chest, rolling his eyes.
"I am Junior under-minister of the Entertainment industry. Former actor on the Interfeed...the person who actually does all the work around this dump!" he finishes with a slicking back of greasy hair.

"Former actor, hmm?"

Magnus frowned, but did not comment any further upon that.

"Well, let's go right down to business. When were the last polls to evaluate the population's happiness, what were the results looking like, and what actions did you take during the last Minister's time in the office?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 03, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »

Head for the system have 4 men from one of my infantry regiments gear up to accompany me and have 4 drop ships full on stand by as well as any bombers and light air to ground cannons in the fleet.

[7] The cannons train on the capital of Isaeyr, the orbit to ground cannons locked and loaded. Your men slip on heavy kevlar armor stolen from Federal fleets, slipping magazines into their guns as they watch you. You load yourself and four other men into a shuttle, the infantry regiment waiting.
[3 vs 1] The native population doesn't seem to have noticed your fleet in orbit just yet, giving you a bit of an advantage.

Observation posts are to be constructed inside the cavern in preparation of further operations there. Mining operations are to start expanding across the planet.

Systemwide surveying of all available planets is to begin. Just note climage, biological diversity (If applicable) and mineral wealth.

Request another meeting with Hayes...

[1] The observational posts are destroyed shortly after they're built by the Golden Drone, the missiles exploding the structures before they can even be fully built.
[10] The mining operation goes well, a number of new veins and lodes discovered in the cracked, rubbly ground. ((+1 to resources, this fall.))

Spoiler: System (click to show/hide)

Take back the money. A con man is still a con man. Go find one of the targets, have the mercs trail.
[3] The money isn't much, and one of your mercs surreptitiously pockets the rest of his earnings for the day, before following you, greatcoat billowing out behind him.
[10] And that's when you see him, Ol' Ironarms. Two greatswords are strapped to his massive back, his arms cybernetic, wiry with thick bolts on the knuckles.  His dark skin is tanned by the sun, a diamond piercing glimmering above one of his eyes.
He's currently ordering a burger and some fries from some kiosk, haggling over the mustard.

"Disagreeing with searching. Great damage, being inconvenience searching. Paying one and half aCredit I."
[~] "You're in quarantined space. It's this or destruction. Not even Hayes' presidential order can talk me out of blowing your ships to fuck if I don't search yo-"

Avens draws her personal sidearm and shoots it. If no sidearm, try and dodge.
[9][~] You draw your pistol, taking aim, before you fire a round into the Desert-Cow's skull, putting it out of it's misery. Blood pools around the rebar impaled in it's body.

Draw Revolver, take aim, fire at Cow if it is still attacking anyone. If not, inspect animal for signs of the Consumption or...anything suspicious.
[9] It's just a panicky cow, that got trapped in some rubble and broke free when Emm broke it free. It's still small, which explains why Emm isn't dead or gored, it's little horns too nubby for such damage.

If the cow is down, just go after medical help.
[4] The medics looks your wound over for a second, before she acts, quite simply, pointing over there, "Is that High President Hayes?"
You look, and she snaps your arm back into place painfully, making you yelp. Then she draws a tub of blue-ish stuff out from her satchel, rubbing it over your shoulder and upper arm, before swaddling it in some bandages.
"You'll heal in a few weeks. NEXT!"

"Mr President, I need to know the specifics of the engagement against that empire. You sent me out to conquer a bloody backwater.Is this really a strategic location for them?"

Fleet is to engage the dreadnought and the ships accompanying him.

A survey team is sent ot New rheat o scan it for colonial purposes. an emiisary is sent ot he mining community, inviting them to become citizens of republic.

[1 fleet w/ Dreadnought(Npc)[3 str, 3 health] vs. [5 fed-fleets(Ardas)[5 str, 5 health]]
[5+3] vs [9+5] You ships strike first, with surprising aim, all things considered, blowing a chunk out of the Dreadnought, and reducing the other fleet to wreckage with your first volley of concentrated fire.
[10+2] vs [8+5] Then your fleet concentrates it's fire on the Atlas, trying to blow it away, but only succeeding in removing a large, visible chunk of docking gear, it's missiles fire on your ships, but most miss or do superficial damage.
[2+2 vs 9+5] That's when one of your ship springs, it's sudden flare of the rotating railgun ripping holes in the engine of the other's ship. There's a moment of silence, before a orbular explosion overtakes the rear of the ship, the engines exploding violently.

Then a white flag transmission is sent out. Your men cease fire and circle the ship a safe distance away, guns still locked on it.

[9] The planet is harsh, rugged, but some minor work; straightening the hills of gravel, bringing in soil, and adding thick ceramic stilts to the foundations of houses, and you have a perfectly fine, albeit warm, colony.
[6-5] The miners set their jaws at your offer. Before the broad, large leader rams his drill into the scouting leader's chest, switching it on and ripping through the armor like butter.
"No."

"The planet is the Grain-Basket for the entire Empire. It has a number of docks we can use, not located in said military bases. And besides, the people deserve to form their own government, after so long under the heel of the empire."

He places a hand on his suited chest, rolling his eyes.
"I am Junior under-minister of the Entertainment industry. Former actor on the Interfeed...the person who actually does all the work around this dump!" he finishes with a slicking back of greasy hair.

"Former actor, hmm?"

Magnus frowned, but did not comment any further upon that.

"Well, let's go right down to business. When were the last polls to evaluate the population's happiness, what were the results looking like, and what actions did you take during the last Minister's time in the office?"

With a turn of his heels, he begins to head inside, pausing at the door to look over his shoulder, making sure you're following.
"Mostly all of the paper-work...and well, not to brag, all of the work. He usually just lazed about on some beach somewhere, while I ran things."

Quote from: Psionic Blast
DEVOUR.
A psionic blast lashes out across the system, the pain returning for a brief, very painful flash.
The prison ship with the cocoon in it explodes, suddenly, filling the orbit of the planet with rubble. A single claw can be seen reaching out into space, the fire lasting too long to be normal.
The General swears, training his guns on you for a moment. [8] Before he turns, speeding out of the hangar in a flash of light, towards the white, desert planet below.

"All mech pilots report to the landing bay! We've got a huge problem."

"So, what was all that, then?" The hologram of Hayes asks, a little puzzled.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:10:14 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05:38 pm »

Head for the building the plans are most likely to be within in my ship, have the remaining 4 craft land nearby in a concealed position and await my order to move. Order cannons not to fire unless fired upon or at my direct order, Military targets only.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 01:22:54 pm by mesor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 03, 2012, 12:55:30 pm »

"Cut the jibber jabber Hayes, just tel me whats the deal with them. is it because of the election? Or because they threatened withdrawal from the Fed? I wold like ot keep my record clean while you are in the office."

Ship is to be hailed to let marines onboard. Prepare a boarding party to secure the ship.

Bombardment of installations on the surface is to resume.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16:11 pm »

Emmanuel left the medical tent in a mood best described as "Don't try to screw with me right now." One of his arms hung limply inside the jacket's sleeve while the other, free from the jacket, caressed the back of his skull as he grimaced, the pain he had felt a while before returning once more.

"A few weeks". The Godsplitter would probably be fixed before that, and his arm was basically useless for a while, although at the very least they had done it right. If he had to become a cripple, he'd be in a truly terrible mood. He grumbled once more, wondering if he'd also have to cope with those constant pains hitting the back of his skull like a white-hot poker.

As he walked, giving up on continuing his work underground - he would be more of a nuisance than a help for a while - Emm remembered one thing he had been overlooking: check on the Godsplitter. He wanted to make sure they had been treating it properly. It had already been one day and he should take a look on how the mechanics were doing their job.

Go check on the Godsplitter.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 04, 2012, 11:27:41 pm »

"Cover the entrances. You three, with me."
Ed melts into the crowd, losing his usual swagger and confidence, to become a normal guy. He sneaks up behind Ironarms, with his group, guns in hand. Stealthily, he gave his accompaniers a signal to surround Ironarms, then placed the gun against the back of his head.
"We've got you, give up now."
((Is it alive for the bounty?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:21 pm »

Kaylee was waiting by the bench outside the medical tent along with Avens in silence, having one person -- especially a friend -- be gored by the very wildlife that sustained you wasn't a good thought to brood over.

She saw Em stride out with a repulsive aura around him, and nodded to Avens. Giving her the look that said 'I'll go talk to him'

"All mech pilots report to the landing bay! We've got a huge problem."

That was...until her comm visor 'ping'ed.

Where are you going Emm...?

Stalk Follow Emmanuel!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:46:52 pm by Tiruin »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2012, 07:37:40 pm »

With a turn of his heels, he begins to head inside, pausing at the door to look over his shoulder, making sure you're following.
"Mostly all of the paper-work...and well, not to brag, all of the work. He usually just lazed about on some beach somewhere, while I ran things."

"You ran things... I see. What of the polls? What's the current rate of happiness in the Core worlds? The frontier ones? How outdated is our info, and how often do we update it? What's the yearly budget like, and are we running a deficit? What is most of the money getting spent on?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 07, 2012, 12:37:23 am »

Head for the building the plans are most likely to be within in my ship, have the remaining 4 craft land nearby in a concealed position and await my order to move. Order cannons not to fire unless fired upon or at my direct order, Military targets only.
[ 8 vs 9] The plans are secured, and despite the intel on how many men the fed-fleet posses, it's sketchy on where they are.
[1 vs 4] Your men are spotted on the descent, the defense cannons slowly locking them on as a warning flares forth on the screens of the vessels.

Turn back now. Further transgression will result in being fired upon.

"Cut the jibber jabber Hayes, just tel me whats the deal with them. is it because of the election? Or because they threatened withdrawal from the Fed? I wold like ot keep my record clean while you are in the office."

Ship is to be hailed to let marines onboard. Prepare a boarding party to secure the ship.

Bombardment of installations on the surface is to resume.

"We're in an open state of war with the seceding forces of the Garocony Empire."
He stares at you over steepled fingers, before asking, quite simply, tone carrying an edge. The lens of his glasses glint in the light of a number of holo-screens.
"Are you implying that I'm not clean or something of that sort with that whole, 'I'd like to keep my record clean while you're in office' thing or is it just idle bluster due to your own failings?"

[4] Some of the crew mounts a token resistance against the boarding party and their captain, but are hastily put down by the marines at the first sign of hostility; I.E. an ambush.

[4] You hit a few places, but for some reason your ships continue to miss, the bombs exploding in the fields around the forts, or the villages on the intersections.

You, however, get a greenlight for a planetary invasion if you so wish. You won't have any group but your marines, but the military garrisons on this planet are lax.

Go check on the Godsplitter.

[6] Despite what was said, it seems Godsplitter is up to sixty percent power, and counting, the mechanics are rushing about the other two mechs, working on them quickly, mending small holes or marks in them with liquid, quicksilver, Lokium.
One of them takes the time to inform you that all pilots are to gear up, something big just popped up in orbit.

Stalk Follow Emmanuel!
[6] You manage to successfully stalk Emmanuel back to the landing pad, witnessing the same flurry of activity that he does, but your eyes also notice a thick plate of reinforced steel, Kevlar, and ceramic weave being slowly fitted onto Aven's mech. The same woman who worked the gun shop directing the efforts, still only wearing a pair of boots, a pair of pants and a leather apron.

"You ran things... I see. What of the polls? What's the current rate of happiness in the Core worlds? The frontier ones? How outdated is our info, and how often do we update it? What's the yearly budget like, and are we running a deficit? What is most of the money getting spent on?"

[9][9][2][4][1]
"The Federation's total moral is buoyed by Haye's election, the middle-to-lower classes viewing him as a man who cares for the people's wellbeing. The core is happily hanging unto his every word...the outer rim, not so much. Some side with Garocony," here his impeccable neutral accent dips into an outer-rim drawl, his speaking slowing quite a bit, " thinking Hayes is a city-slcikin' fool ain't fit to lick Versen's boots an' he manhandled tha' election int'ah line." then he reverts back with nothing but a cheeky grin, "The last update, despite my best work to get a new one started, was when your second to last forebear was in office, the old penny-pincher commanding those fed-fleets into work with just a single word. Quite admirable, really." .
A frown tugs his lips, at your second question, and he holds out a dataslate, fingers clenching around the top of of it as he speaks, tone level, calm,"The last minister is still sucking cred from us, by way of...blackmail, as well as using a few actor-guild contacts to raise their prices and force us to pay high or go away."

"Otherwise, he has us by the throat and has a knife to our gut for a New Luna Handshake."

Quote from: Taricus
Meet with Hayes
"Hello Prime, how may I help you on this Is-year day?" he checks a clock, before frowning, "Sorry, how may I help you on this Is-year evening...?"

Ed melts into the crowd, losing his usual swagger and confidence, to become a normal guy. He sneaks up behind Ironarms, with his group, guns in hand. Stealthily, he gave his accompaniers a signal to surround Ironarms, then placed the gun against the back of his head.
"We've got you, give up now."
((Is it alive for the bounty?))
((This one's bounty, yes.))
[3 vs 9] When you put your gun to his head, you feel the point of two, thick broadswords pressing into your gut, uncomfortably, but not painfully.
"Na' gonna put ma'h in tha' freez-ah, lad. Best fa' ya' ta' back off."
[8 vs 10] Your men surround him, but the next thing you know, your head was bounced off the counter in front of you, before he presses you down on it, sword to the back of your neck.
[9 vs 5] He didn't have time to disarm you, and your revolver is still pinned behind your back.

[5] "Now then, ya'll bett'ah listen up. If ya' like ya' boss, then back off. If ya' don't?" a grin splits his face, showing sharp, golden teeth. "If ya' don't, than we could work out o' deal, howsabout?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 11:23:34 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:06 am »

Kaylee tapped on Emm's shoulder and smiled once she was acknowledged.

"Curious one, aren't we? Seems like we're going to be back on duty sooner than expected! You think we can handle that warning? Well, you and Avens that is. I'm out of duty until the General returns."

She glanced back to see Avens coming by her side and nodded a salute to her trustworthy ally.

"Are you planning to take off, Em?"
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:33:25 am by Tiruin »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 07, 2012, 03:56:51 am »

AI systems: Online. Boot sequence completed
Analysis of current situation:
       -Solar activity: Low
       -All systems: Operationall
       -No problems detected
Intializing...

Chertan A is a nice planet, but it's spread out farms and cities make for a bad basis for an interstellar economy. A team of engineers had been hired, to construct the first stages for the first megacity of the continent, located in an equatorial mountain range. Over time, it will be expanded upwards, maybe even all the way into orbit.

An other matter of concern is also adressed. For the past 5 years, solar activity had made travel in this system hard, and had protected Chertan from hostile fleets. With this activity now rapidly diminishing, Chertan's non existant defense force became a matter of concern. As such, plans were drawn up for a network of defensive sattelites, to be deployed in orbit around the planet.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

((The list of buildings seems to be rather limited. What would an orbital sattelite defense network, and a space elevator/ orbital shipyard complex look like? ))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #358 on: October 07, 2012, 03:57:02 am »

Report for duty.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 07, 2012, 04:13:11 am »

Continue to the surface as fast as possible without crashing, Try to land near a government ( Or whatever synthetics have ) building. Send a message to my fleet.

Load as many men of the infantry regiments as possible into drop ships and place them on alert ready to launch the moment I signal it and have any fighters and bombers maned and warmed up.( Assuming I have any )
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:41:30 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27