Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38615 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #330 on: September 30, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »

The Corporal nodded before turning her gaze onto Avens, as she was sitting in the pilot's seat far above. The sunlight did well in highlighting her beauty, as well as the Mech itself.

"You up for helping with the underground, Avens? Repairs will take time anyway, and Em seems to be quite...lonely. I'll just fill him in first."

She turned her gaze back to Em. "It was the distress ship. It was attacked by the Plague, and of alien design -- though the ship was a refurbished cruiser from human manufacture -- we met an alien diplomat named Mark, his nickname and...

"Well, after securing the ship from any damage and disabling the turrets -- it had a security system fired at us without impunity, automated system and all. The bridge was swarming with the things, plague-things, that is."
she lifted a finger to point at her scale. "Transferred part of the plague to his people, I could see him bearing a tentacle himself. Anyway, we cleared it out and his people re-boarded it and retook the ship. We accompanied him in a shuttle once it was safe back to their...flagship, I guess? Then that was where all hell broke loose.

"The alie- diplomat asked us to speak to him personally, t'was hard to understand him I admit, so I volunteered to move in. I docked, and moved out into the flagship alone. As I was nearing his office, I was ambushed and Avens' voice over the comms alerted me to an attack. I escaped their hands...tentacles...err, their grasp and made my way back to my Mech and took off before I was taken in. Avens took the opportunity to return fire on the traitor (we're unsure, really. She believes Mark fired at us, I believe he was under pirate influence...my scanners didn't tell me anything about the ship). Long story short, the Geum broke the fleet with it's firepower and I had to ship the whole thing myself back here."

She pointed to the clear sky above while taking a deep breath. "Most of the fleet is safely in orbit, part of their forces are in repairs somewhere near the base. For a moment, I felt luck on my side as we escaped all harm. The place was just like the first defense of Hellstal, but with lesser gore and more explosions.

"Anyway, can we come with ya?"
she finished with a smile, Em's presence was one of the good things in life by just being there. A friend, and a trustworthy ally. All that was needed to perk up a saddened soul.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #331 on: September 30, 2012, 11:19:02 pm »

"You're so naive, Kaylee," says Avens from above. "Obviously it's their own action. The Consumption doesn't let you have coherent thought in that manner. And pirates are less subtle."

She hops down from the mech.
"I would have killed them all, but I ran out of ammo, and noble Kaylee here decided to invoke diplomatic laws. You know what law is? It's what lets guilty people talk their way out of crime. Dead man don't talk."

She undoes her ponytail and reties it while speaking.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:23:37 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 30, 2012, 11:24:22 pm »

Kaylee rocked on her heels as she heard her superior's words, her face filled with uncertainty, like a :-\ as she crossed her arms. "Well, it was an unconditional surrender. And...he was speaking coherently enough, the Consumption doesn't allow people who are that infected to even speak. Or think. Mark was- thinking.

"And I didn't know that they chose to attack us on..."
An image flashed back of the ambush party, wherein the soldiers were flailing around at the corridor, trying to grasp her in all their numerical advantage while the Concierge was just...standing there.

She whistled a low, short tune.

"Right. I feel like an idiot now."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:29:50 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2012, 12:31:07 am »

Emmanuel watched the conversation between both women with a tinge of amusement, noticing Avens' quirk as he did.

They apparently didn't have an easy time, and Kaylee - always the somewhat gullible, innocent girl - had been tricked. The young man smiled wide as he watched the difference between them come into play as they exchanged words. Avens seemed more mature and wary, while Kay still acted a bit too reckless.
"Oh, you both. Thanks for the explanation, I guess I understood what happened."

He turned his back and chewed a little more on the bullet as he put his hands into his pockets and started to move forward, his head still turned, an eye facing the girls.
"So, anyone wants to help me?"

Get back to helping Bubblegum and the rest underground.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 01:55:18 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2012, 12:34:01 am »

"I'm up for it!" Kaylee said, hoping Avens would come along. "I've nothing to do right now and I'd like to know more about your friend anyhow. What were you doing working in the underground bunkers?"

Go with Emm!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:43:19 am by Tiruin »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2012, 12:40:43 am »

Avens shrugs and follows.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2012, 01:50:10 pm »

After the meeting with president...

4M92 is to be indiscriminately bombed. Military installations are to be wiped out by sheer volume of fire to compensate for accuracy.

Gather detailed info on the colonized planets of Oberon - their physical parameters (size, climate, resources) and colonial status ( who rules, population, estimates on economy and strength)

Pegasus program to discover alternative FTL communcations is to be restarted.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22:41 pm »

Read all the information on the pad about the job

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2012, 04:40:29 pm »

Have a merc sneak up from behind, knock him unconscious. Check if he's the guy.
"None at all. It's you."
[1] The merc tackles the man from behind, braining him on the pavement and knocking him unconscious. [7] That's when you realize that old-looking, jagged scar marking the man's face is real, and then you notice several other features that are completely off.
[5] Luckily, no Sec officers show up.

Accept the job and ask.
"Do you have any details on the kind of defenses I will be facing?"
[8] "There's a federal fleet in system, but the security forces are weak synths. You just need to get in and out before they can hit you hard, in my view."
[9] He however, waits a moment,  before drawing out a shiny-blue painted rifle, throwing it to your feet.
[9] It's followed by a few large batteries, nine in fact, before the man explains, "Eee Emm Pee rifle. Nine shots. Use it well."

"I need to see the President."
After the meeting with president...

4M92 is to be indiscriminately bombed. Military installations are to be wiped out by sheer volume of fire to compensate for accuracy.

Gather detailed info on the colonized planets of Oberon - their physical parameters (size, climate, resources) and colonial status ( who rules, population, estimates on economy and strength)

Pegasus program to discover alternative FTL communcations is to be restarted.

Hayes meets you via Interfeed, a pale blue bunkroom behind him, and he's sitting on a wide, messy bed.
"How many I help you?"

[1] The bombs miss, all of them, instead striking the civilians farms, villages and houses, bringing the death toll up to the tens of thousands in one day.
[5] A fleet, with a heavy, titan-class dreadnought leading the vanguard emerges from D:13, hovering on the otherside of the planet, markings reading, quite simply, Garocony Empire: Atlas

Spoiler: Oberon (click to show/hide)

[7][6] Work progresses on the Pegasus project picks up after increased security, the scientists seem to have been showing off before, since the number of explosions that happened from before the update now are near zero.
The resumed work on the project is ignored, for now.

"A competent administration is taking care of things for me on my home planet, so I decided to take some time to take care of my post as Minister here in the capital. If I may ask, who are you?"

He places a hand on his suited chest, rolling his eyes.
"I am Junior under-minister of the Entertainment industry. Former actor on the Interfeed...the person who actually does all the work around this dump!" he finishes with a slicking back of greasy hair.

Quote from: Caellath, Skyrunner and Tiruin
Do Stuff.
[1][1][5] As Emm returns to the underground, he sets to work trying to break through a wall where he hears plaintive, mewling cries from. After daylight draws into the room, a wild Desert-Cow charges through, smashing into his arm, snapping it at the shoulder with a sickening crack.
[10] Avens grabs up a sharpened piece of rebar, smashing the point into the cow as it marks to charge at Kaylee.
[5] Kaylee herself stumbles back, bonking her head lightly on a bit of rubble, but otherwise not doing any harm.

Upon hearing that the Hiveship is safe, Markactl relaxes somewhat.

"Irrelevant, not contraband being- hearing President, to be surviving Hiveship."
"Federal ships to be identifying self when firing upon hostile aliens, General. Firing on we mech, not identifiying self."
"Third Law saying not to be mating. Never saying to be killing."

"Sounding like having lack of legal means to be fining I, killing I. Being case, attempting arrest suspected rebel, turning out Federal pilot? Maybe fine 1 aCredit, imprisonment. Great apologies for misunderstanding."
[8] Versen makes to speak, before Hayes raises a single hand. "1.5 Acredit. Search of all ships for contraband or the Consumption plague, then you're free to go. No human died so therefore, it'd be a good thing to end this quickly, Mark, don't you agree?"
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

Head for the system have 4 men from one of my infantry regiments gear up to accompany me and have 4 drop ships full on stand by as well as any bombers and light air to ground cannons in the fleet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:51:58 pm by mesor »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2012, 06:15:13 pm »

Observation posts are to be constructed inside the cavern in preparation of further operations there. Mining operations are to start expanding across the planet.

Systemwide surveying of all available planets is to begin. Just note climage, biological diversity (If applicable) and mineral wealth.

Request another meeting with Hayes...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2012, 06:28:36 pm »

Take back the money. A con man is still a con man. Go find one of the targets, have the mercs trail.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 02, 2012, 08:08:38 am »

"Disagreeing with searching. Great damage, being inconvenience searching. Paying one and half aCredit I."
Long Live United Forenia!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #343 on: October 02, 2012, 08:24:18 am »

Avens draws her personal sidearm and shoots it. If no sidearm, try and dodge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2012, 11:51:07 am »

"I think I forgot to tell you about the animals..."

Draw Revolver, take aim, fire at Cow if it is still attacking anyone. If not, inspect animal for signs of the Consumption or...anything suspicious.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:21:29 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27