Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38541 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2012, 09:04:49 pm »

Prime's attention slipped away from the comm. channel used for outside contact, and focused on the internal network. Another group of humans had the gall to try to attack Isaeyr (Though admittedly, a lot more open and a lot less intelligently). It was time to drive these invaders into the rock on which they've landed.

To this end, prime selected a recon drone, active but untasked... "ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL"

Prime takes control of a recon drone to scout out the impending invading force. Targeting data is to be acquired and relayed to the fed fleet in-system if an opposing fleet is found. All available synths not tasked on colony-critical tasks are to stand in preparation for an enemy assault.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 09, 2012, 04:29:20 pm »

[9][9][2][4][1]
"The Federation's total moral is buoyed by Haye's election, the middle-to-lower classes viewing him as a man who cares for the people's wellbeing. The core is happily hanging unto his every word...the outer rim, not so much. Some side with Garocony," here his impeccable neutral accent dips into an outer-rim drawl, his speaking slowing quite a bit, " thinking Hayes is a city-slcikin' fool ain't fit to lick Versen's boots an' he manhandled tha' election int'ah line." then he reverts back with nothing but a cheeky grin, "The last update, despite my best work to get a new one started, was when your second to last forebear was in office, the old penny-pincher commanding those fed-fleets into work with just a single word. Quite admirable, really." .
A frown tugs his lips, at your second question, and he holds out a dataslate, fingers clenching around the top of of it as he speaks, tone level, calm,"The last minister is still sucking cred from us, by way of...blackmail, as well as using a few actor-guild contacts to raise their prices and force us to pay high or go away."

"Otherwise, he has us by the throat and has a knife to our gut for a New Luna Handshake."

"He's blackmailing us? Funny. What's his official position now that he is no longer minister, and where is he?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 09, 2012, 04:44:10 pm »

"Hmmm, Avens?" Emmanuel asked through the comms system, watching the grotesque beast in front of them. "We might need Kaylee here with us."

The creature seemed like a mix of twisted flesh and machinery, an aberration. Emm just hoped there would be no problem at all with

If it initiates any agressive movements, attack it and try to keep a safe range from it. Rail rifles trained at it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 10, 2012, 04:37:40 pm »

Check on the men in the shuttle with me and then grab my weapons
[2] You slam a light on, only to reveal...most of your men dead, the ones who aren't are well out of it for a while. The ones who's skulls impacted the visors of their suits at terminal velocity are carefully moved so they face down.
[7] You slip your guns into their various holsters, slipping the emp-rifle onto your back.

Report to the Captain! Upgrade my personal knife!
[10,2]
The captain delegates you to easy, simple management work, which means stand around and make sure the rooms are being reinforced right, that the people are working and that stuff happens. Suffice to say, the people don't really need you to tell them what to do, only to clear up easy issues they have issues with.
However, you're unable to find a shortsword, or anything else. The blacksmith is busy directing efforts along with the rest, and cannot make you one, as well as the fact that metal is a bit scarce, the scavenging efforts in the waste made difficult by the beasts that dwell there.

"Alright, alright. What do you want?"
Look around, and think of anything that could be used to turn the tables.
[7]
The man grins, showing off every gold tooth in his mouth, his breath smelling of death and mint.
[3-1]"Two Acredits should cover it."
[3] Despite your best wishes, his grip is like steel, and there seems to be nothing nearby, beside ketchup and mustard and hot protein paste hotdogs.

Prime takes control of a recon drone to scout out the impending invading force. Targeting data is to be acquired and relayed to the fed fleet in-system if an opposing fleet is found. All available synths not tasked on colony-critical tasks are to stand in preparation for an enemy assault.

[8,7,7, 6, 5]
You sucessfully seize control of a recon drone, and send it scouting. The Fleet is a standard...pirate fleet, staying in orbit, guns at the ready to rain hell down upon your cities and planet-scape. They are stock still, though, apparently waiting for the order to fire upon your people. Data is relayed about the strength of such a fleet to the Fed-Fleet in system. It'll take a while (6 Mesor turns) before they can arrive to attack, but they will have the upperhand in fighting.
You manage to get 1 regiment raised up to fight (0 health, 1 attack).

"He's blackmailing us? Funny. What's his official position now that he is no longer minister, and where is he?"
[1][4][2] "Admiral of Fleet...Six hundred and seventy-eight, I think. He's probably on some tropical tourist planet somewhere, getting drunk on margaritas. And...he's well liked, by fleet command, if I'm not mistaken. Don't know why."

If it initiates any agressive movements, attack it and try to keep a safe range from it. Rail rifles trained at it.
[9] It writhes and squirms for a few minutes, allowing Versen to land with the mech and call Kaylee.
[2] Then it's cannons begin to fire upon your mechs, blasting out white-hot grenades of exploding fuel.

[10+3 vs 1+4] Your mechs begin to fire upon the Horror with your rail-cannons, fleshy chunks of it flying off to burn up in the atmosphere. Writhing tentacles fall from it, lashing out towards your mechs in an attempt to seize them, but coming up short. {3 health left}

[4+4 vs 2+4] The rail-cannons continue to fire upon the beast. Dodging the exploding rounds calmly, Avens and Emm continue to barrage it with missiles end exploding rounds, more and more pieces breaking off of the massive creature. {2 health left}

[8+6 vs 8+4] It lunges at the two of you, it's claws scything through space, tearing through the places your mechs were just moments ago, Emm scoring a blast to the head of the beast from his rail-gun, while a missile from Aven's blows a hole in the shell of it's chest plate, red blood slowly freezing in the void. (1 health remaining)

[2+6 vs 8+4] [8] A claw rips through the propulsion system of Emm's mech, a small explosion flaring forth, but not doing much damage otherwise. The creature backs off, a number of bloody red gashes scoring it's shell and scaly hide, it's tentacles are charred stumps, hardly fit to do anything.

[6 vs 8 Emm, 3 Avens] Then the tentacles, or the stumps of said tentacles raise behind the massive creature, a psionic shockwave blasting both of your mechs, Aven's losing control, of her's, and Emm suffering a minor nosebleed, losing control of the Godsplitter for half a second]

[1 vs 9] Then it speeds to the planet below, ignoring and dodging the missile blast from Emm, heading towards the military encampment.

[7] Avens regains control of her mech before it plunges into the atmosphere, pulling up in an attempt to destroy the beast once and for all, but the delay causes her to miss the speeding Horror.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 10, 2012, 04:39:51 pm »

Check the ships comm systems and try to repair them, Also try to use my suits internal comm to raise the other landing craft that were descending.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 10, 2012, 04:41:13 pm »

Edwards mind raced at a frentic pace in order to find a solution to this particular problem. The man didn't seem to be stupid, and he certainly had a physical edge...
"Okay, just let me get them from my wallet, which is currently pressed against the table."
Try to get him to let go. If not, pay up and have someone follow him. If he does, have the mercs gun him down.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:45:11 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 10, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

"God damn it." Emmanuel swore under his breath, maneuvering Godsplitter to give chase, trying to perform with one arm what he should be doing with both. So far, things had not been terrible. The mech's propulsion system was large and efficient, and he doubt it didn't have any protection against ruptures.

Even if still had an advantage at range, he could not risk a stray shot travelling down to the encampment...Time to kick up the thrusters and try to get it before it landed.
"Avens, I'm giving chase. I'll try to get it away from the camp."

Give chase and try to destroy it in melee combat, or at the very least get it of course to battle it away from the encampment.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 10, 2012, 05:18:46 pm »

Start jamming the enemy fleet's communications, probe their network security to see if it's possible to hack them. The drone is to start searching for any organic lifeforms outside the cavern.

Have the raised "Militia" start setting up traps and such along possible attack vectors, making sure that even if the traps aren't lethal in a conventional sense, that the resultant damage to the enemy environment suits will be.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 11, 2012, 01:08:42 am »

"Of course. Managing. One of the many duties an NCO must perform...

"Why did I choose to take up the rank of Corporal again?"
Kaylee said, mostly to herself as she went along with her work.

She looked up to the sky wondering how Em and Avens was, until she saw the descending hue of her own Mech return.

Leaping up with glee -- more of a literal term -- she ran back to the landing station, excusing herself at the woman who ordered her to the Captain and responded accordingly to the General, albeit with a lot more passion in the fact that she would be piloting once more.

To the skies! Failing that, to the air!

Scout out the general area for enemy movements, and unless something big comes up, begin securing the perimeter.

If something big comes up [like an invasion force], fire ahead of time, aiming to dislodge any direct attacks at our encampment.

((So I don't think I know about the horror heading straight for us.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 11, 2012, 08:07:57 am »

Emmanuel flared up his comms to base, intent on avoiding a disaster while biting the bullet all the while.
"Ground, we have a problem here. A giant consumption monster is heading towards your position. It is  heavily damaged and probably on the brink of death, but it is more than capable to cause some damage."

His mind shifted to the people he had rescued, to Bubblegum and Kaylee. No way in hell he could let that beast get near the encampment.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #385 on: October 11, 2012, 08:17:27 am »

Avens takes off in her mech and marks Emm.

as in, follows him and provides backup fire if needed.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 11, 2012, 08:24:41 am »

"Don't you mean falling to our position, then?" Kaylee quipped. "We were directly under you when you all lifted off.

"Anywhoo, we're ready."
she said, transmitting the message to the comm tower for all in the base and outlying lands to hear.

She hoped they were ready to show this Consumption plague what was coming for them. Triggering half of the switches, she issued a request that, if the monster was aimed right at the base, they use force to shift it's path of trajectory to somewhere safer.

Nevertheless, time was of the essence.

"Weapons free."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 11, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »

Continue planetary assault.

Dreadnought is to be fixed up and retro-fitted for my flagship - under Federal flag.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 11, 2012, 02:18:31 pm »

((I'm pretty sure this thing operates in a season based mechanic for building, and that restating these things is therefore completely useless, but I'm still going to do it. Was planning to do something else too, but can't remember.))

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 16, 2012, 11:53:48 pm »

Check the ships comm systems and try to repair them, Also try to use my suits internal comm to raise the other landing craft that were descending.
[6-1] You check over the comms system, noticing it's still sizzling a little, you put it out. [6-1] You pry some parts from your suit's comm's systems, hurriedly replacing the ones in the shuttle, reasoning it has better reach.
[10]  You manage to hail your fleet.

Try to get him to let go. If not, pay up and have someone follow him. If he does, have the mercs gun him down.
[10] He lets you go after rudely bashing your head into the stainless steel of the counter, leaving you dizzy as he lets go, broadsword still pressed against the back of your neck.
[8 vs 6+2] You manage to roll away from Ironarms, who turns, bolting down an alley after neatly bisecting two of your men who were standing so rudely in his way.

Give chase and try to destroy it in melee combat, or at the very least get it of course to battle it away from the encampment.
To the skies! Failing that, to the air!
Avens takes off in her mech and marks Emm.
[10 vs 3]
[5 vs 3]
[8 vs 2]

Godsplitter whistles through the air faster than light, Solar blade, a smaller, thinner version lashing out, neatly slicing the Demi-god in twain from lower body all the way up to it's thick skull, sending it spiraling to earth. Moment's later, Kaylee's mech's rifle flares forth, turning the creature's thick skull to mushy red-burger. Aven's mech shifts down faster than light, rocket flaring forth to explode, propelling it far, far into the desert, the body landing with a small tremor of an earthquake.
[5.5.5]
You feel something niggling at the back of your minds, the strangest sense of knowing each other, knowing these beasts, a tugging sense of deja-vu that compels and twists your mind. Almost immediately, at the same time, blood drips from your noses.

Start jamming the enemy fleet's communications, probe their network security to see if it's possible to hack them. The drone is to start searching for any organic lifeforms outside the cavern.

Have the raised "Militia" start setting up traps and such along possible attack vectors, making sure that even if the traps aren't lethal in a conventional sense, that the resultant damage to the enemy environment suits will be.

[1] The systems and comms are locked up as tight as an old Solarian server, the systems even going so far as to try, and fail, to hack and jam you back.
[1] The drone explodes in a shower of sparks, along with a number of others, any systems going haywire along with it, a grinning human skull appearing, laughing, before it fades.
[7] The traps are set up without delay, a number of them being heavy spikes, or fall pits, or nail guns set to trigger after stepping on a certain patch of corridor, all of them cruel to use against a human, but harmless for a Synth. (+1 to defense)

!A Solarian fall to come soon!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 12:01:37 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27