Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38582 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)
« on: September 04, 2012, 03:24:57 pm »

Hurtling through space, dancing the finely tuned dance of the cosmos, is the system of Voandrath, and it's federation of human-controlled planets. It balances on the knife's edge of Peace and War, hung between other empires who long since learned not to try and go to war with the newcomers.

Long ago, as Sol fell to a great war against insidious, mindless consumption, a group of refugees in a fleet too old to be considered of use, headed by the U.E.S capital ship, Voandrath, jumped into the barely explored and dangerous hyper-drive dimension known as D:13, and fled to a new sector of space, fighting off the beasts that came with them on the ships from old Earth. Exterminating them.

They built a federation of planets, carved from the other empires and blank, unyielding space through war, strategy, and colonization, headed by the enigmatic leader known as Archil Sol, a scarred, grizzled man, still in his youth. Elected Lord President by the captains of the various ships that made up the refugee fleet, he lead humanity into a gold age of expansion that lasted two hundred years -- until his death.

A thousand years later, here you are, a ruler of one of the many planets that makes up the federation.

Spoiler: App Data (click to show/hide)

Rules in OOC

Quote from: Isaeyr (Taricus)
Spoiler: Income (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Major cities (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Le'Merc Trade Consort(Dwarmin)

Quote from: Valeria (Ardas)

Quote from: Nova Babylonya (DigitalHellhound)

Quote from: Heteva Prime (Adwarf)

Quote from:  Asgard (Shootandrun)

Quote from: Chertan (10ebbor10)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:19:12 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 09:00:06 pm »

Your math on the upkeep is wrong, since I have 1 fleet and thus should be losing 2 each...whenever. Tick? But...

Admiral Foster had witnessed many things in his time. He had seen much, he had heard much more than that. Today, though? Today-- No, he had to stop thinking of things that way. In this phase of whatever damned moon or moons orbited his planet (he had never quite bothered to learn), something was different.
He had no way to be certain just what, precisely, had changed, nor had he any way to truly describe the feeling which had overtaken him, which had taken to those directly beneath him in stature, and had even driven his assistant Achilles, in all his torn-faced grotesqueness, to bring him the transmitter before he had even truly awoken from his slumber. But it was certainly there, and in the distant future, perhaps some would call it divine...

No, Admiral Nathaniel Foster was certainly not the sort of man to believe in a God, not after what he had seen, had gone through on Earth. But even he could not deny that now, in the middle of his restless sleep (for he had never slept or dreamed right, since the events which brought him to this damnable acid-ocean covered planet), something had seized upon his mind and the minds of his men. And as he ordered his fleet to grow, his army to build upon itself, he realized this, also: The Federation would soon never be the same.

-Begin building another fleet. (-1 Pop, -3 Resources)
-Send the first fleet out to sweep/scout/scan surrounding celestial bodies. Specifically planets.
-Build a land regiment. (-2 Pop, -1 Resources)

Final Note: I may be wayyy too fucking tired for this right now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:22:05 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:32 pm »

News from around the sector
A large city has recently been destroyed on Gallicus IV
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

War has broke out between New Mars and Vilon De' Fences

A Bloodsports Arena is petitioned to be built in Voandrath city

A new Lord President?.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:17:07 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:43 am »

External connections... Online.
Auxilary processers... Online
Powering up.... Starting interfaces...
SIRIC-PRIME Online, functionality at ~99%

Starting event and situation examination sequences...

Gazing upon the facility through the multitutes of cameras, Siric ran multitues upon multitudes of calculations through it's "Mind", plotting the next moves for it's fledgling nation to grow towards. Unable to process the colony's progess, it turned it's attention towards the other members of the federation, Sifting through the throng of external network connections and it's primary connection to the outside...

Sifting through the recent news, it had executed a few commands in response to some situations...

In Response to the Lord-President vote: SIRIC puts forth it's vote for either Verson or Mays. SIRIC Also contacts the ISN about a potential resource trade. SIRIC also examines the current producion rate of new synths, and sees if it can't be improved in any way.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:45:45 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:27:20 pm »

-Send the first fleet out to sweep/scout/scan surrounding celestial bodies. Specifically planets.

[10]The scouting fleet finds a single biodome upon the planet two orbits in from New Earth, dull, lifeless chimneys absent of smoke, the crops long withered and rotten. [7] Large craters ring the surface around it, as well as a few charred skeletons [8] However, the biodome and surrounding planet seem to be entirely lifeless. [3] The rest of the planets in the solar system seem to be lifeless and dead, devoid of usable resources.

Also contacts the ISN about a potential resource trade. SIRIC also examines the current producion rate of new synths, and sees if it can't be improved in any way.

[6] A white haired young man appears on the feed, reaching up to slick his hair back. "Prime, my friend, I hear you want to do some more trading? Well, you know the standard rate of exchange, 1 Acred for all those little manufactured goods and bars of metal."
[9] The production factories -- gleaming structures of steel, belching smoke and smog -- for new Synth laborers are working at fifty percent efficiency, due to a mineral shortage two years ago, and will gladly, no, that's not the word...quickly work on activating more Synth, if commanded.
Spoiler: Synth (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Micelus
Existing.
[5] Your current assignment is the documentation of one Mister Foster, an Earther, one of the last to have lived such a long time...in fact the last human to have lived so long as to see Earth before the fall. [10] Luckily, you can be there in a week from your home planet, without even going through N:13 space.

"Right, yes, one last thing, sorry- just checking- you will be aiding on the assault on the rebel stronghold, yes?"

"Money come, fight happen."

"...right, yes. The money will come, I assure you. And you will be there?"

"If not blown up by warfleet"

"Ahaha... yes, of course."

[9] When you and your fleet arrive, the battle is going bad for the Rebels, The glorious Republic of Chaceldony has disabled any Ground to Air missiles, and is raining down hell on the fortification. [4] However, one of the ships stops firing for a few, long seconds, before it's wracking explosion covers the planet and ground troops in debris, killing many. [?] A mech, all sleek lines and black paint hovers in the bisected ruins of the ship, which is rapidly falling planetside. It waits a moment, before it flashes over to another ship, with the intent to do the same.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 02:01:03 pm by filiusenox »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:49:41 pm »

Activate 3 new "Units" of workers, Trade two units of resources to the ISN.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 02:19:51 pm »

Ozomatli with shell-envy! Ceh ceh ceh!

Kill it, kill it!

Markactl slams a paw down on the crudely-modified control panel, and the ship lurches, and with a tortured groan starts sliding down towards the battle. Ancient guns turn to face the rampaging mech, and chittering Tapalcayan soldiers load them with decaying ammunition.

"Gunfire, gunfire!", cries Markactl over the intercom, and the cannons roar to life, spitting hellfire at the mech- the fact that it hovers before an allied ship ignored; it's just more humans, after all.

"Hivemates! Soldiers! Kill, kill, kill!"- drop pods detach from the ship and plummet planetwards, heatshields cracking, parachutes tattered.

"Ozomatacalli CLOSER! ALL WEAPONS FIRE, KILL."- the Tapalcayan fleet descends, guns ablazing, surrounding the mech and pummelling it relentlessly. Meanwhile, the drop pods crash into the planet, and soldiers burst forth from within, wielding rifles and warclubs, and screeching loudly. They leap and dive and rush about chaotically, ignoring ranks and discipline, yet somehow never being where the shells fall, or where the gunfire rips the air.
The smash skulls with one paw, and shoot with the other. They rip through gun emplacements with ease, spreading terror and chaos through the rebel ranks.

Bring the weapons of the fleet to bear against the mech- overwhelming force, with no regard for friendly casualties. Drop a regiment into the fray, to cause fear and chaos. Shoot. Kill! Ceh ceh ceh!
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 03:05:25 pm »

Arthur stared at the TV, watching the eletoral reportd and other assorted "news". He had reports on all of it days ago. Stretched in his armchair and sipping Shadir whiskey, he wasn't overly concerned with situation as it stood. The senate made him preisdent just recently, and expected status quo to be preserved. Nothing he couldn't handle...

Build a new fleet.
Build a new city on Valeria.
Give my high-president vote to General Versen

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »

So, this shall be my first assignment, eh? An Earther, one who's lived on the homeplanet, the great origin of humanity... and now a smouldering rock. A worthy chronicle for any man.

First, time for some preliminary research. Search the local internet on information on Mr Foster as well as what happened to Earth.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

Existing.
[9] The space station you've landed on has done deals for a long time with your Family, and as such, are extremely kind and hospitable, taking you into their home for a nice, hot, dinner.

Activate 3 new "Units" of workers, Trade two units of resources to the ISN.
The man grins, giving a nod and flicking the feed off. "Pleasure doin' business with ya', Prime."
Two Acredits credited to Isaeyr's account from ISN

Bring the weapons of the fleet to bear against the mech- overwhelming force, with no regard for friendly casualties. Drop a regiment into the fray, to cause fear and chaos. Shoot. Kill! Ceh ceh ceh!

[10] The plan works perfectly, yours and the other feet circling the mech just as it lays into the Republican vessel, concentrating a mass of firepower upon a single spot in the battlefield. [4+1+2 vs 4+3] The Mech's shields give way quickly under the concentrated fire, but it destroys the ship with another punch. [3+1+2 vs 1+3] It's arm falls to the ground, exploding upon impact with the citadel, blasting away a few more chunks.

"Well, hell, ya'll go-" there's static feed back from the mech, interrupting as it takes a rocket to it's chest, "got me 'tween a rock an' a hardplace, don't ya'? Sorry to jet folks!"
[1+1+2 - 7+3] And with that, the mech abruptly speeds off, upward, into the atmosphere and beyond, too fast for you to fire upon or track.
[5+4 vs 5+3] Your people are holding their own planetside, and due to your attack, the allied forces, your allied forces, are currently firing upon a number of troops amassed outside the gate, but seem to be pinned down now, no longer gaining any ground.

First, time for some preliminary research. Search the local internet on information on Mr Foster as well as what happened to Earth.
[3]He has a few sparse pages on him, some even filled with obvoiusly fake information, such as him being a Space-vampire. [5]But, after a few hours digging, searching and rummaging, you eventually find out he was granted New Earth along with his post as an admiral of the federation, after defeating the Mass Pirates in pitch battle. [5] The pages you find are the same thing everyone is taught as a child, Earth created the Solarian Empire by colonizing the many moons and planets in the system, at it's peak, aliens forces only referenced as the Consumption, attacked en-masse, carrying out the destruction many strategic cities with a fleet that could black out the sun. Nuclear weapons were tried and failed, resulting in many planets being turned to wasteland. The people of Earth and the Solarian colonies fled in the fleet led by Sol Archil, and the rest is history

Build a new fleet.
Build a new city on Valeria.
Give my high-president vote to General Versen

Valeria city has been founded near the equator, stunning steel twisted and formed into a brilliant model of Voandrath City architecture.
Fleet will be ready to launch in two Sol Seasons
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:43:16 pm by filiusenox »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:19:03 pm »

[10]The scouting fleet finds a single biodome upon the planet two orbits in from New Earth, dull, lifeless chimneys absent of smoke, the crops long withered and rotten. [7] Large craters ring the surface around it, as well as a few charred skeletons [8] However, the biodome and surrounding planet seem to be entirely lifeless. [3] The rest of the planets in the solar system seem to be lifeless and dead, devoid of usable resources.

"I suppose I had better look into that," came the Admiral's quiet comment, knuckles pressed against his temple, elbow resting on the edge of his faux-leather armrest as his fingers flicked the holographic images which hung in the air before him, sweeping through the report, sending the photographs of the skeletons away to some distant, technological abyss. Achilles, faceless as ever at his side, said nothing.

Drawing in a slow breath, Admiral Foster let out a wistful sigh and swiveled in his seat, pushing up and dismissing the holoreport with an idle wave of his hand before clasping both behind his back. The far wall bore its own imagery, made to appear as if it were transparent as the polymer substitute they now used in place of glass, and it was before this depiction of the empty wasteland that sat at the bottom of the acid sea, stretching out about his domed city, that Nathaniel took berth, considering.

Finally, he spoke: "We will wait, I suppose, until we've ground forces. Then we'll send a fleet to act as aerial support, while they investigate. Simple enough, no? Oh, and...let it be known that I will always cast my lot in with a fellow war hero. Of course."

-Cast a vote for General Versen.
-Make a public speech, playing up the proud history of our species (no doubt aiming to subtly draw on the rumors that I am an Earther), and what the General has done to protect it. Ie. Endorse Versen.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:12:35 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »

Use remaining resources, an Acredit and two units of population to build a City on Isaeyr.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:52 pm »

Go to new Earth. On the way, read up a visitor's brochure on the planet.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »

-Make a public speech, playing up the proud history of our species (no doubt aiming to subtly draw on the rumors that I am an Earther), and what the General has done to protect it. Ie. Endorse Versen.

[9] You step onto the podium, the cameras flaring to life, before you begin speaking, words fiery and proud as you recount the history every human child should know along with a few small hints of your age and origin; the Siege of Luna, and the frantic, bloody hell that was fighting in the corridors of the N:13 Fleet. Your recording-crew, once the video is recorded, openly applaud you. Achilles is looking as thoughtful as he can be, wearing the worn, black skull-bandanna that he usually does. [8] You feel you did a good job of adding to the rumors of your status as the last Earther, without outright confirming it as well as endorsing General Versen. [6] You begin to speak with several media-sites, and after a while of negotiation, your video is aired on sixty channels.

Go to new Earth. On the way, read up a visitor's brochure on the planet.

[5] Your trip to new Earth is uneventful and boring, slower than you were told, but not uncomfortable. [10] You find a brochure that explains everything you would need to know, even how to get to the capital from the landing dock, the only structure to exist outside the surface of the water. [5] The trip down and to the capital is once more uneventful, your view of the glorious under-water city is hidden by the water being stirred up by a nasty storm

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:35:00 pm by filiusenox »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 09:40:59 pm »

Post to read. Might join later.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27