Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38578 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 07:27:17 pm »

Well, enter it and see if Mr Foster is around and not busy.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »

Magnus frowned and did not hide his surprise as the general appeared on the screen. Before talking, however, he hit the "record conversation" button.

"Indeed there is, General. My tech people over here were doing some research in preparation for the debates of the electoral campaign, and there was a very strange malfunction in the computers. One of the only machines spared is the one you're using to talk with me right now, I believe. Strange, how you communicated with me just a few minutes after the people who were searching for legitimate information to be used in debates - against you, I will not deny - suffered multiple equipment failures - one might consider this to be a sign that there are things in your past you do not wish to share with the public, general... A regrettable and unlikely conclusion, of course. What did you wish to speak of?"

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 07:50:23 pm »

he hit the "record conversation" button.
[2 vs 5]
The General seems to check himself mid-word, brushing a few stray hairs from over his single eye, before he speaks, tone curt, yet polite.
"The computer incident was indeed engineered; sorry that your people had to be shocked or otherwise injured, if you were looking for information to use against me. But the current campaign I'm on is classified, and therefore of strict security."
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »

Well, enter it and see if Mr Foster is around and not busy.

The main building is contained within the largest bubble-dome. More specifically, it's situated at the center of several other smaller domes, providing for basic defensive measures against both the acidic sea and external and internal threats. Strangely enough, this Chronicler, whoever he is, would be arriving just as a skeleton-crew is preparing to take flight. It would seem that the Admiral himself intends to be at their head.

"...And see to it that we've adequate gear for a boarding party, Achilles. I trust that our navigators have already plotted a course to this blockade he was speaking of," Foster ordered, calmly ticking off a list as he paced before his flagship, hands clasped behind his back, steely gaze occasionally flitting over to the crew as they scurried about. "And, Achilles? Ensure that my men are off that damned supplement, will you?"

-Have the fleet prepare a course to render aid to General V-Money, with the Admiral going along personally. Once this meeting with the Chronicler is finished, of course.
-If personal regiments are a thing, have either that land regiment or fleet regiment (both are presently in production) pop immediately as a personal regiment. Either-or accompanies the original fleet to aid the General.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 07:56:30 pm »

Magnus frowned and stared. Hard.

"My people were never instructed to look for any military informations, General, but for political stuff. It seems interesting to learn that you consider your political views to be classified and worth defending with military material, and that you would contact me afterwards - with a weapon in hand, which could be 'wrongly interpreted' by many as a threat - as if to warn me not to try again. I do believe there are regulations against military officers censoring the media on matters that could hardly be interpreted as important to a military campaign. In such situations, one could go as far as suggesting that you would be trying to censor the press - but I hope that's not the case, general."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2012, 08:03:56 pm »

Valerian News Report

In an attempt to improve the state of policing on Valeria and to prepare the planet for the incoming enterpreneurs, Valerian Senate decided to approve of presidential initiative to provide major boost to police forces worldwide, both in equipment and in manpower. This will be combined with a law reform where prosecution and court procedures are to be speeded up and with judges given greater array of powers

1 A-Cred is to be spent on boosting and expanding police and law reform to reduce crime rate on Valeria.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2012, 08:07:33 pm »

Magnus frowned and stared. Hard.

"My people were never instructed to look for any military informations, General, but for political stuff. It seems interesting to learn that you consider your political views to be classified and worth defending with military material, and that you would contact me afterwards - with a weapon in hand, which could be 'wrongly interpreted' by many as a threat - as if to warn me not to try again. I do believe there are regulations against military officers censoring the media on matters that could hardly be interpreted as important to a military campaign. In such situations, one could go as far as suggesting that you would be trying to censor the press - but I hope that's not the case, general."
[4] He brings the gun up to the screen, looking it over quizzically, flashing you a thin lipped smile "Hmm...yes. Threat. I'm in a warzone, me and my men fighting for life and limb in yet another fucking desert. I have sand in places I din't know you could get sand in. So, when some prick who never fought tries to find shit out about me and my campaign, yeah, I get a little pissed. And I highly doubt the Media would care, whatever the hell your name is."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2012, 08:09:07 pm »

Emmanuel bit his tongue. No assets, no place to call home and some bastards from the station could snitch him. Due to the traffic of people there, staying in the station would not be a good option. He needed somewhere to lay low for the moment and where he could learn from people who knew more than him about...His kind of thing.

Standing up, he looked around the room he had been provided to watch his every move, pretending not to see the camera. They really acted like he hadn't been trained to locate those.

Start to look for a base/fleet/group which may support (legal) renegade mechanics and mercenaries. If one is found, travel there.

Alternatively, look for a system or planet (PC controlled?) which is accepting mercenaries into its army. No dictatorial ones.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:34:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2012, 08:16:56 pm »

"My name is Magnus Jarnhand of Asgard, High King and Planetary Governor, and I expect you to be more polite, General. My people were trying to find political information to use against you in the campaign, I will not hide it. I will, however, remind you that instead of calling me over - which you've proved you can do with ease and in a matter of minutes, despite the fact that your men are currently fighting for their lives - to tell my people to stop and to explain that some of the information they're looking at may be classified, you destroyed thousands of credits' worth of equipment in a blatant attempt to censor all the information we have collected or could have collected against you.

As General and aspirant High President, you have many powers that you can use in court to stop me from publishing information against you you judge could endanger your campaign. However, you chose to simply erase all evidence of this potential information, making this impossible to hold against you in court - which implies a lot of things about the nature of this information you want to hide, General, and could go as far as to suggest it included things the court would have allowed me to publish, which would have hurt your reputation. Of course, I am shooting in the dark here - you did, after all, destroy all equipment I had to examine the situation in depth - but I find your speed to react with anger over this matter rather alarming."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »

Prime starts sending tracers throughout the interfeed, checking for further details on the presidential candidates, as well as the amount of backers each one has. The tracers are also to look for a set of viable mecha schematics for research purposes

Review all major production facilites and mines for any inefficiencies and errors.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 08:33:15 pm »

"My name is Magnus Jarnhand of Asgard, High King and Planetary Governor, and I expect you to be more polite, General. My people were trying to find political information to use against you in the campaign, I will not hide it. I will, however, remind you that instead of calling me over - which you've proved you can do with ease and in a matter of minutes, despite the fact that your men are currently fighting for their lives - to tell my people to stop and to explain that some of the information they're looking at may be classified, you destroyed thousands of credits' worth of equipment in a blatant attempt to censor all the information we have collected or could have collected against you.

As General and aspirant High President, you have many powers that you can use in court to stop me from publishing information against you you judge could endanger your campaign. However, you chose to simply erase all evidence of this potential information, making this impossible to hold against you in court - which implies a lot of things about the nature of this information you want to hide, General, and could go as far as to suggest it included things the court would have allowed me to publish, which would have hurt your reputation. Of course, I am shooting in the dark here - you did, after all, destroy all equipment I had to examine the situation in depth - but I find your speed to react with anger over this matter rather alarming."

[9 vs 4]
"If I recall, I asked you if there was a problem. Not to stop. By all means, continue to look into my campaign and my personal life, but next time, get a goddamned code from the Fed-gov if you actually want to find something other than having computers exploded on your people, since if your people got their hands blown off, they were snooping -- without proper authorization on military and federal servers -- which, if I do recall, is a crime. A large one."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »

Magnus' facial expression softened, and he paused for a long time.

"Very well, General. I was unaware that my people were using illegal means to access that information - the destruction of my material made it rather hard for us to understand exactly what happened, and you didn't exactly give us much time. Though I can only damn these felonies, I must say that I understand my technicians' logic. After all, the Feds will never give a code to any planetary governor to sweep files about you, which puts you in a bit of an unassailable position where the media is concerned - one might wonder why all information not released to the public about you is stored in files which the media cannot access, even if said information is of, at best, 'doubtful' military use."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

Magnus' facial expression softened, and he paused for a long time.

"Very well, General. I was unaware that my people were using illegal means to access that information - the destruction of my material made it rather hard for us to understand exactly what happened, and you didn't exactly give us much time. Though I can only damn these felonies, I must say that I understand my technicians' logic. After all, the Feds will never give a code to any planetary governor to sweep files about you, which puts you in a bit of an unassailable position where the media is concerned - one might wonder why all information not released to the public about you is stored in files which the media cannot access, even if said information is of, at best, 'doubtful' military use."
[8 vs 4]
It seems the general has regained his calm, his free hand crossing behind his back as he seems to eye you through the screen with dull, tired eyes.
"You're too young or too far out to have to have heard of this, but there once was a man named Marcus Atoine, great General. Great man. Served under him as a Sarge. Hackers found about his personal life, about some girl he was seeing on the side, kidnapped her, and sent a ransom message to Marcus, who, as predicted, led his full fleet against the attackers. Right into an ambush. Girl died, Marcus died, ninety percent casualties and fifty Fed-ships down, all due to a single speck of information getting out. That's why, Magnus."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:52:41 pm by filiusenox »

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 08:59:59 pm »

"A shame, General. I have nothing left to say, and my people will no longer try to swoop your servers. None of this recording will be released to the media, if you're wondering - not even embarrassing bits cleverly edited. I wish you luck in your current military campaign, if not your electoral one. Magnus Jarnhand, out."

He closed the video... But kept the recordings, just in case. Now there was other work to do.

Try do determine where Regina Mays' followers would go if she backed out of the elections. Use legal means this time around.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2012, 12:14:25 am »

'Mr. Syskon? You called for me?'

Geogun Syskon, Supreme Premier of Nova Babylonya and head and Spokesman of the Autonomy and Freedom Party, set down his expensive local hand-made cigar and turned around to face the girl at the door. He'd been looking at the waking Neo-Babylonian cityscape through the dark windows of his office. The overwhelming greenery of the city, coming down in levels along the side of buildings or simply decorating their walls, gave it its trademark contrast to the urban areas of most worlds. They spent more to keep the gardens and decorative canals and waterfalls clean and vibrant than on the defense of the planet.

The girl at the door was only a second-generation colonist, her parents having moved here from one of the core worlds. Mr. Syskon had been wary of hiring her at first, but she'd proven her worth with her excellent management skills.

'Yes, thank you, Ilven,' Geogun replied, taking his seat again. 'I've prepared some papers for you - there's a thing or two I need you to do.'

'Of course, Mr. Syskon.'

Geogun nodded, and went over the papers quickly before handing them to her. He'd also been dealing with matters of a more discreet nature and didn't want them getting leaked to the public. Ilven seemed loyal enough, but he couldn't really know. He wondered if he should create some sort of test to try on her.

'The first task is simple. I need you to get me Maxwell Hayes on the faster-than-light. I doubt I could get him here even if either of us had the time, but the least I want is some face-to-face time on the Interfeed.'

'The second may take some more time. Use whoever you think you need. I want you to get the feel in the party about the elections. Especially the governors, but everyone else you think matters, too. I expect Hayes will be their first choice, but the military men might want to support Versen despite everything - I mean, they couldn't even agree on any of our candidates. And take your time. I want a definite gauge, not a rushed job.'

The girl nodded after a moment and scurried out of the room. Mr. Syskon turned back to his windows and picked up the cigar.

---

Contact Maxwell Hayes on the Interfeed

Get a gauge of who both the planetary governors and the influential non-voters in the party support in the elections.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27