Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Voandrath (OOC Thread)(Yak-Space)  (Read 10059 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (OOC Thread)(Yak-Space)
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 11:48:54 am »

And there's a thing speaking of the unified setting under the first post here.

I'll tell you if it fucks with the setting too much.

Ardas: Lovely. You're in.
Dwarmin: In, but I'm going to make your gene-type rare. This okay?
Micelus: In.
DigitalHellhound: In. And the political party is...hmm....in.

Spoiler: Trade (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 12:10:59 pm »

Ardas: Lovely. You're in.
Dwarmin: In, but I'm going to make your gene-type rare. This okay?

Yeah, no problem-it's supposed to be fairly rare anyhow.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:38 pm »

~Finalized my sheet with traits, Fili. Tell me if these work.~

Name: Aello Le'Merc

Description: Born and created to be a secretary (an undewhelming prospect, to be sure), Aello Le Merce was assigned to a backwater world at a young age, where she toiled away tirelessly-but was never quite content...Imperial records would later show she had been created with a 3.8% intellectual deviation from the Genetic Perfection Quotient, resultant of a Metasaline concentration error that has since been fixed.

Feeling the first symptoms of 'Burnout'-her genetic types most common flaw-she began to spread her skills to other fields-Science, Business, Philosophy and Religion. Settling on, and adapting herself to the world of business was not much of a stretch. In the space of five years, she had established a conglomerate that spanned the world. In ten years, she had bought out (or destroyed) most of her planetside competition, and begun expanding her franchise into orbital, then systemic, then pan-galactic business ventures. The La'Merc Trade Consort was formed from the remnants of those she displaced on the way-and Aello took to the stars, seeking fortune and power.

The woman herself is enigmatic, startlingly beautiful and fairly remorseless in her line of work. Her intellect is vast and cool-and colored with a forceful temperament that has allowed her to survive so long. Survival is indeed one of her main goals. She has already outlived her genetic baselines maximum age by 24 years through extensive medical procedures of all stripes-and it is only getting harder and more expensive every day to maintain herself, which her company funds entirely. To Aello, this business is not merely a job she goes to-it's quite literally life and death, with every deal bringing her one step closer to immortality-or oblivion.

Still, those few who know her consider her essentially honest, and not at all a bad person-if utterly ruthless in business and war, she had a tender spot for the less strenuous parts of life, and keeps tabs on those she calls friends. Her personal trade vessel is one part pleasure cruiser, one part garden and animal preserve, one part art museum. She's an avid collector of many things (many, many things), a lover of art in all forms (some very odd), and an author of several books on how to maintain a stress-free life.

-Race: Homo Intellectus
--Race Description: Genetically augmented Humans used most often as functionaries, diplomats, legal representatives, bureaucratic drones and assistants, particularly in fledgling and border worlds greatly lacking the existing structures to produce them from the populace. The Homo Intellectus gene is modified to improve intelligence, logical reasoning and processing speed at the cost of physical attributes-the most advanced types come with the ability to control their memories, senses and conception of time. Usually, the race is particularly short lived, due to their lifestyle-without additional and extremely expensive treatments (being easier to replace than fix), they tend to burn out in about 30 years of life, suffering from early onset senility, dementia and other serious mental defects. They are fairly rare these days, and not being actively produced in any great numbers.

-Company Name: Le'Merc Trade Consort (LTC)

Traits:
Trade Baroness/+2 to Diplomacy
Making a Killing/+1 to Buyouts
Profit Margin/+2 to Starting Credits
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:42:43 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »

Traits:
Trade Baroness/+2 to Diplomacy
Making a Killing/+1 to Buyouts
Profit Margin/+2 to Starting Credits (whatever one point buys)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 01:23:49 pm »

So, um. How's this look?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: Markactl the Ichtecqui.

Descript: Markactl (aka Mark) is a diplomat/leader of the Tapalcayo, a race of alien vagabonds- homeless pirates and mercenaries, drifting between worlds on fleets of stolen ships. The Tapalcayo tell of their expulsion from their homeworld by human invaders; the humans tell of the subsequent terror inflicted by an entire race of nomadic aliens looting and pillaging throughout known space, destroying entire colonies before eventually being defeated by human warfleets.
Peace was arranged, but short-lived. The Tapalcayo had no home, and soon returned to piracy. They were again defeated. This cycle has repeated itself several times, each time with the Tapalcayo swearing to mend their ways, and hiding out in such remote regions that actually tracking them down is more hassle than just signing a peace treaty.
The current treaty is several years old, and already showing strains. Tapalcayo pirates have been hitting remote outposts, and Markactl and his colleagues seem disinclined to do anything about it. However, for the most part the race works as mercenaries for unscrupulous human warlords, and tends to avoid the central regions of Voandrath; no judgement has overruled the current treaty, so they are- technically- classified as peaceful aliens.

In reality, Markactl is the king of a Tapalcayo fleet, and well aware of the criminal elements within it. He puts on a front of ignorant alien, but it actually well-studied in human law, language, and history, and uses his knowledge to keep his people within the realm of 'technically legal'. He also tries to 'act human' in human company- he wears a suit (despite Tapalcayo culture having no concept of clothing) and sunglasses (despite Tapalcayo not actually having eyes to be covered by them), tries to adopt human mannerisms, and, as mentioned, puts on an ignorant alien act which tends to put people at ease.
He dreams of one day reclaiming the Tapalcayo homeworld, a dream undaunted by the fact that no one- human or tapalcayo- remembers where it was.

Traits:
-A Tapalcayo hiveship and accompanying fleet (one fleet)
-Two battalions of Tapalcayo warriors (two regiments)
-Um, +2 to combat, apparently.

Spoiler: Tapalcayo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 01:49:42 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 01:43:21 pm »

So, um. How's this look?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Name: Markactl the Ichtecqui.

Descript: Markactl (aka Mark) is a diplomat/leader of the Tapalcayo, a race of alien vagabonds- homeless pirates and mercenaries, drifting between worlds on fleets of stolen ships. The Tapalcayo tell of their expulsion from their homeworld by human invaders; the humans tell of the subsequent terror inflicted by an entire race of nomadic aliens looting and pillaging throughout known space, destroying entire colonies before eventually being defeated by human warfleets.
Peace was arranged, but short-lived. The Tapalcayo had no home, and soon returned to piracy. They were again defeated. This cycle has repeated itself several times, each time with the Tapalcayo swearing to mend their ways, and hiding out in such remote regions that actually tracking them down is more hassle than just signing a peace treaty.
The current treaty is several years old, and already showing strains. Tapalcayo pirates have been hitting remote outposts, and Markactl and his colleagues seem disinclined to do anything about it. However, for the most part the race works as mercenaries for unscrupulous human warlords, and tends to avoid the central regions of Voandrath; no judgement has overruled the current treaty, so they are- technically- classified as peaceful aliens.

In reality, Markactl is the king of a Tapalcayo fleet, and well aware of the criminal elements within it. He puts on a front of ignorant alien, but it actually well-studied in human law, language, and history, and uses his knowledge to keep his people within the realm of 'technically legal'. He also tries to 'act human' in human company- he wears a suit (despite Tapalcayo culture having no concept of clothing) and sunglasses (despite Tapalcayo not actually having eyes to be covered by them), tries to adopt human mannerisms, and, as mentioned, puts on an ignorant alien act which tends to put people at ease.
He dreams of one day reclaiming the Tapalcayo homeworld, a dream undaunted by the fact that no one- human or tapalcayo- remembers where it was.

Traits:
-A Tapalcayo hiveship and accompanying fleet (one fleet)
-Two battalions of Tapalcayo warriors (two regiments)
-Either money or some sort of mercenary/diplomat trait enabling the acquisition of money through mercenary work.

Spoiler: Tapalcayo (click to show/hide)

In. I'll start you off in pitched battle, so put like...a plus 2 to combat for your last slot.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 05:15:46 pm »

I suppose I'll apply. Later.

Spoiler: Done (click to show/hide)

Approved.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:52 pm »

How did I miss this?

How could such a failure happen?

Can I still take a planet, if I join?

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 09:23:15 pm »

How did I miss this?

How could such a failure happen?

Can I still take a planet, if I join?
Not by calling me or things I do a failure!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2012, 03:40:35 am »

Erp, have to post in a sheet later on this post.

Will edit for it! Nope. Look further down.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 07:17:23 am by Tiruin »

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2012, 04:39:57 am »

I've got to go to school now, but i have a question.

Would it be possible to be a Hive mind type being? Where i am the ruler with a psychic connection to all my leaders, and subjects. Influencing people, and directly controlling the leaders.
This would balance if i had to build psychic emitters the more people i ruled, but also almost eliminating the chances of revolution, and improving certain rolls.

And if an emitter got destroyed, then the people in that area would be free from control.

the IC reason for the Hive-mind would probably be that, the being was already there, and when humans settled there they came under his/her(its?) control.

what do you think?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2012, 05:01:07 am »

I don't think that's a good idea.

There are a multitude of reasons why; suffice it to say that you'd probably be better of going back to the drawing board.

(-Mind controlling other players: NO.
-On the automatic kill-list of federal authorities: Bad idea
-Not capable of communicating as an individual: Problematic
-Humanity set up as the master race, this entity would contradict this.
-What would the goals of the entity be? Probably not feasible ones.
-I mean, you just wouldn't be accepted as an entity by the feds. They would nuke you from orbit if they ever found out about you. There is no reasonable way to explain your existence without being overpowered.)

Manufacture clones. Be the king of a lawless outskirts planet. Be a stigmatized AI. Be a scientist who just made a revolutionary and dangerous breakthrough. Be the leader of a race of homeless alien pirates. Lead a controversial political party.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2012, 05:24:38 am »

Not by calling me or things I do a failure!

I mean that missing the thread for such a long time was a failure. Must have been paying less attention to the forums than I ought to have recently.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2012, 06:25:31 am »

Hey, what is the strength of one regiment/fleet? Is it 1 or is it rated somehow different?
besides, mechs seem a bit OP. but thats just my opinion.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:43 am »

Hey, what is the strength of one regiment/fleet? Is it 1 or is it rated somehow different?
besides, mechs seem a bit OP. but thats just my opinion.
They have experimental hyper-core reactors which interface neural psychosignals into reactive metametals. Of course they are more powerful than an entire army. Have you never watched japanese cartoons?

Besides, a single mech is more expensive than it's weight in oranges, so, you know. You pay for what you get.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7