Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Voandrath (OOC Thread)(Yak-Space)  (Read 10044 times)

sayaks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (OOC Thread)(Yak-Space)
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2012, 07:01:44 am »

I didn't want to mind control other players, but back to the drawing board i guess. :)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:02 am »

Have you never watched japanese cartoons?

Besides, a single mech is more expensive than it's weight in oranges, so, you know. You pay for what you get.

Nope, but I played a lot of battlemech and mechwarrior. Japanese mechas are just stupid and break my immersion.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2012, 08:07:09 am »

Nope, but I played a lot of battlemech and mechwarrior. Japanese mechas are just stupid and break my immersion.

I played both western and eastern mech games and I still like Armored Core mechs. :P

Also, I was talking to Fili and mechas are more effective when engaged in ground combat. In space combat, the bigger fish are still the fleets, which have good bonuses to combat and tend to turn mechs into mincemeat most of times from what I've saw in some test runs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2012, 08:10:45 am »

Well duh, mechas are mostly suited for ground combat. Ships just carry more armor and more guns.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 10:43:06 am by Ardas »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2012, 08:48:16 am »

besides, mechs seem a bit OP. but thats just my opinion.

Well, duh. So why complaining? :P
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2012, 11:53:57 am »

Well, duh. So why complaining? :P

Mechas are a three strength unit(higher with upgrades!) only humans can build, which they often used to ...basically rip apart planets when claiming Voandrath.
They are OP, which is why the hand of god will smite the six one built IG.

But, as I said, they concentrate a large amount of firepower in one single area, and so far, they haven't won a single fight.

Hey, what is the strength of one regiment/fleet? Is it 1 or is it rated somehow different?
1 str, same as YAK, I'll be working on the upgrades today. Maybe.

I didn't want to mind control other players, but back to the drawing board i guess. :)

The Feds wouldn't leave you time to get a treaty if they discovered you existed and they're more genre-saavy then to try and turn a hivemind into a weapon. Sorry.

Can I still take a planet, if I join?

Yes, just screwing with you, man.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 04:20:28 pm »

Name:Delaran Whitehaven
Descript: 5'9, sleek build, black hear,sparkling green eyes, wears monocle (occasionally).
Bio: As a son of a politician, Delaran gone to the army to increase the influence of his family. What they did not except was, that Delaran was a very capable leader of the ground forces. He crushed the rebellions of the barbarians (People, who were    subdued by the Ebrowians. They still don't accept their rule, so they rebel regulary) and fought of pirates, which wanted to etablish a base on Ebrow. But, after his father died, he got the blessing of the Bloodbrothers to take the place of his dad and serve the Council as new High Senator by Blood.
He earned his title by blood. He was the smartest son of 4 by the old High Senator, who sadly died by a heart attack, after his third sister got pregnant by a space goat (that was a joke, but he didn't get it.)
Traits: Planetary ruler
          Veteran General (+1 to tactics/ground combat)
          Charismatic leader (+1 to charisma/leadership)

Planet name: Ebrow(or Martius Insula IV in astronomical terms)
Planet Descript: 1.4 AU from its star, 0,92g surface gravity, average surface temperature 35C. Surface water: 73%
Valeria is a small world with a broad tropical zone. It's also mostly composed of water, which is largley the same as normal sea water on old earth. The vegetation is mostly composed of earth plants, due their nature as neophyts, but a few more alien plants remained. Same for the animals.
Spoiler: Council of Ebrow (click to show/hide)
Citizen name: Ebrowians
Government form: Timocratic/Meritocratic (explained above) Republic
Army Name: Echelon (Ecelon Schwert and Echelon Flügel)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2012, 04:25:47 pm »

OOC: I'm assuming we have some sort of communication systems between players. Correct me if wrong.

Yep, the Interfeed, being the foremost used in the sector...and numerous others.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2012, 04:29:37 pm »

I don't think that's a good idea.

There are a multitude of reasons why; suffice it to say that you'd probably be better of going back to the drawing board.

(-Mind controlling other players: NO.
-On the automatic kill-list of federal authorities: Bad idea
-Not capable of communicating as an individual: Problematic
-Humanity set up as the master race, this entity would contradict this.
-What would the goals of the entity be? Probably not feasible ones.
-I mean, you just wouldn't be accepted as an entity by the feds. They would nuke you from orbit if they ever found out about you. There is no reasonable way to explain your existence without being overpowered.)

Manufacture clones. Be the king of a lawless outskirts planet. Be a stigmatized AI. Be a scientist who just made a revolutionary and dangerous breakthrough. Be the leader of a race of homeless alien pirates. Lead a controversial political party.
nonono
I'm playing an admiral. We NEED zerg.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2012, 04:33:40 pm »

no we don't. I'm fine with NPC space bugs, but bug war would quickly overshadow politics in the game.
No hivers.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »

Name: Magnus Jarnhand, High King of Asgard

Physical description: Magnus is a man of above average height and powerful build, with dark eyes and darker hair. He speaks in a somber bass, and is one of the most intimidating presences of the Senate. Although it was never said in public by anyone (the Jarnhand family having a healthy reputation for violence when dealing with uncooperative media), it is a well known fact that there was some less than legal genetic engineering done back in the days where there were no regulations for such thing amongst Magnus' ancestors. As such, the naturally powerful physique of the High King is as much a symbol of his family and rank as it is a useful tool in times where diplomacy fails.

Mental description: Magnus is a man who thrives in anarchy. The Jarnhand family did not turn the Republic of New-Sweden into the Asgardian Monarchy by respecting such petty little things as "laws" and "morality". He is practical, cynical, surprisingly charismatic (although the non-charitable would call it intimidating) and a terrible enemy in a media debate - after all, what kind of politician can come across as a authority figure when he is seated next to a man like the Asgardian High-King? Although he has a clean reputation officially, unlike some of his ancestors, rumors talk of piracy, corruption, smuggling, organized crime and even murder whenever he throws his weight into the politics of the Federation - which he does often.
Traits:
Planetary ruler
Charismatic: +2 to diplomacy rolls
Well-born thug: +2/+1 to rolls involving piracy and organized crime (I can drop organized crime if necessary).

Planet name: Asgard (star is named Vanaheim)
Planet Descript:

Historical: Asgard is one of the eight planets part of the Asgardian Confederacy, and is named that way due to historical and not political reasons - Asgard used to be the richest continent on New-Sweden, before they conquered the others and became the de facto and soon enough de jure rulers of the world. Once New Sweden no longer held any territory and Asgard had extended its power to all of the world, they switched place - the continent becoming New Sweden, and the planet became Asgard.

Climate and geography: Asgard is a high gravity world, with 95% percent of the planet's surface below water level. Although the facts that the world is nearly three times as big as earth and that said water is frozen most of the year made this mostly unimportant during its confederation, it did lead to an absurdly high density of population in a few key places - the islands and small continents - and no living humans in between. The cold climate, mixed with the gravity and isolationism, created a though, independent and pragmatic people who oriented most of their technology around creating orbital infrastructure (the only place where farms can be created).

Solar system: The solar system of Vanaheim contains eight somewhat inhabited planets (Asgard, Midgard, Vallhala, Throndeim, Jotunheim, Muspelheim, Nidavelir, Niflheim) which are all more or less norse in culture, and which form, together, the Asgardian Confedaracy - a loose alliance part of the Voandrath Federation, destined to ensure security in case of an attack from out-system. Most of the planets are relatively cold, although Vallhala is permanently below -60 degrees and Niflheim has been known to go all  the way up to the fifty degrees in summer.

Citizen name: Asgardian
Government form: Absolute despotism
Army Name: The Asgardian Planetary Defense Force
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 05:47:14 pm by Shootandrun »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 05:15:01 am »

I must say that credits are the hardest to gain resource. I suppose that it encourages trade and/or milking your taxpayers for all they're worth. Also, would cities of sufficient size not provide like a +1 cred per city? Just throwing it out there, its just an idea.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2012, 12:18:24 pm »

I must say that credits are the hardest to gain resource. I suppose that it encourages trade and/or milking your taxpayers for all they're worth. Also, would cities of sufficient size not provide like a +1 cred per city? Just throwing it out there, its just an idea.
I'll think about it.

[12:17] <Filex> John Michealson, of New Luna was the last High President. Just adding this for canon-purposes. He died due to a head shot while visiting a Mixed(Aliens and Humans) planet. Most likely due to his distaste at the two cultures trying to form one society.

Spacer is the term for someone born on a spaceship or Space Station, or other bit of Debris in space that can support life.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:39:31 pm by filiusenox »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »

Would a nomadic fleet/race/culture be possible?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:31:50 am by Ghazkull »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 09:14:20 am »

Would a nomadic fleet/race/culture be possible?
* filiusenox points at Nuke.
And it'd help me out.

Name:Delaran Whitehaven
Descript: 5'9, sleek build, black hear,sparkling green eyes, wears monocle (occasionally).
Bio: As a son of a politician, Delaran gone to the army to increase the influence of his family. What they did not except was, that Delaran was a very capable leader of the ground forces. He crushed the rebellions of the barbarians (People, who were    subdued by the Ebrowians. They still don't accept their rule, so they rebel regulary) and fought of pirates, which wanted to etablish a base on Ebrow. But, after his father died, he got the blessing of the Bloodbrothers to take the place of his dad and serve the Council as new High Senator by Blood.
He earned his title by blood. He was the smartest son of 4 by the old High Senator, who sadly died by a heart attack, after his third sister got pregnant by a space goat (that was a joke, but he didn't get it.)
Traits: Planetary ruler
          Veteran General (+1 to tactics/ground combat)
          Charismatic leader (+1 to charisma/leadership)

Planet name: Ebrow(or Martius Insula IV in astronomical terms)
Planet Descript: 1.4 AU from its star, 0,92g surface gravity, average surface temperature 35C. Surface water: 73%
Valeria is a small world with a broad tropical zone. It's also mostly composed of water, which is largley the same as normal sea water on old earth. The vegetation is mostly composed of earth plants, due their nature as neophyts, but a few more alien plants remained. Same for the animals.
Spoiler: Council of Ebrow (click to show/hide)
Citizen name: Ebrowians
Government form: Timocratic/Meritocratic (explained above) Republic
Army Name: Echelon (Ecelon Schwert and Echelon Flügel)

Just a little while longer. Heheheh...

Anyway! Sorry about the lack of rolls, my internet went to shit last night, when I was working on 'em.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7