- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47204 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #645 on: October 06, 2012, 06:50:51 pm »

((Serious, I think Reggie is the only person actually down. I think 2 guys are still on the rope, and poor exolyx is falling. Are you intending to pull up the remaining climbers?))

Reggie has had time to consider his situation now and thinks he knows how to get off the spikes with little additional trauma and minimizing the chance of a fragile crystal spike shattering inside him.

Break the impaling spikes close to the front of my shoulder so there's less to get pulled back through me. Then sit straight up and examine my wounds.

((Btw tested a mockup of this situation IRL. There's no way he can reach under his shoulder and strike hard enough to break them out of the ground. So it's either do a sit-up or roll over...the latter didn't work well ))
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:14:32 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 06, 2012, 11:09:45 pm »

What the...

Be confused for a minute, then head back inside the Hab. Mod

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:39 am »

Attempt to be better at climbing down the cliff-face, then descend if so.

((Is it just me, or is this hole the most dangerous thing the Migrants have faced yet?))
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 07, 2012, 12:26:10 am »

((I think it's tied with the lava-pede incident right now in terms of how many people could die, but we'll see.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Alanoran

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is air droppable at least once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 07, 2012, 02:13:32 am »

((Having never gone rappelling, I'm not sure what I can do about this situation. Cling to the rope and wait for other things to happen that I can deal with?))

Continue to descend while trying to reduce pressure on the hardpoint. Be ready to grab onto the rope if the hardpoint snaps.

Stop descending, attempt to clip rope to one more hard point; then continue descent.

((PS: vixen is the term for a female fox, so Vixen's pronoun's should be she for the AI. Im juss sayin'. XD))

((Edit: thanks Joben))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:40:07 am by Alanoran »
_,-=._                     /|_/|
  `-.}   `=._,.-=-._.,  @ @._,
     `._ _,-.   )            _,.-'
        `      G.m-"^m`m'

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #650 on: October 07, 2012, 03:31:40 am »

((You could try clipping in another hardpoint there's several on the suit. then continue.))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #651 on: October 07, 2012, 01:13:37 pm »

Brake! Brake!
"This is why I didn't want to go down jackasses!"
[6] You reach out with both of your hands and squeeze them tight around the line. It seems like an eternity before you finally skitter to a stop a short distance from the bottom of the Pit. You slide painfully down the last few feet, leaving streaks of dark blood along the rope. You look at your hands. Your gloves are in tatters and you can see the bone showing where your palms were pressed against the line. Aneos' hands are useless. [-1 to Rolls involving the use of your hands] Reggie is lying on the ground a short distance from you. It looks like he needs help.

Watch the area around the pit.

((I'll be gone the rest of today, so auto me if needed.))
You watch the Pit carefully as Vincent struggles to keep the line in check.

Vincent slowly starts pulling the line back

Guys?  Everyone okay down there?  I'm gonna start pulling back up now, okay?
You try to pull the line back up, but there are two fully grown men on the end of it.

Hops off the rover and walks towards Vincent and helps him with the rope
You don't think you could do much good from here.

((Serious, I think Reggie is the only person actually down. I think 2 guys are still on the rope, and poor exolyx is falling. Are you intending to pull up the remaining climbers?))

Reggie has had time to consider his situation now and thinks he knows how to get off the spikes with little additional trauma and minimizing the chance of a fragile crystal spike shattering inside him.

Break the impaling spikes close to the front of my shoulder so there's less to get pulled back through me. Then sit straight up and examine my wounds.

((Btw tested a mockup of this situation IRL. There's no way he can reach under his shoulder and strike hard enough to break them out of the ground. So it's either do a sit-up or roll over...the latter didn't work well ))
IRL? How did you manage that? Also, why didn't you just wait for someone to get to the ground and break the crystals at the base where they met the ground?

[5] You snap the tips from the shards that are coming through the front of your shoulder and pull a few of the shards out whole which broke cleanly at ground level. [Injury Check: 2] You sit up and the remaining crystals immediately fracture inside your shoulder. The sudden wave of pain puts you back on the floor. It feels like someone injected you with broken glass ((yes, you can actually do that)).

What the...

Be confused for a minute, then head back inside the Hab. Mod
You're confused for a minute as you see nine, man-sized, eight-legged creatures crawl from the deflated rock and roll about on the ground like newborn calves. They're pale, fleshy, hairless, and covered in blood, and they look like they're vocalising, although you have no way of actually hearing it through your suit. The way their mouths stretch and widen beyond what you think would be possible, you would guess that they're moaning. One of them appears to notice you. It stares at you with a pair of beady black eyes before opening its mouth in an O shape and making a mad, scittering dash for you. [Fear Check: 2] You're too frozen in horror and shock to run, or do anything really.

Attempt to be better at climbing down the cliff-face, then descend if so.

((Is it just me, or is this hole the most dangerous thing the Migrants have faced yet?))
Its just you.

[4] You manage to move a bit faster. You're beginning to get the hang of this.

((Having never gone rappelling, I'm not sure what I can do about this situation. Cling to the rope and wait for other things to happen that I can deal with?))

Continue to descend while trying to reduce pressure on the hardpoint. Be ready to grab onto the rope if the hardpoint snaps.

Stop descending, attempt to clip rope to one more hard point; then continue descent.

((PS: vixen is the term for a female fox, so Vixen's pronoun's should be she for the AI. Im juss sayin'. XD))

((Edit: thanks Joben))
[1] The hardpoint breaks and you begin to fall. [Saving Roll: 2] You make an audible splat over the radio when you hit the ground below. Gooey. Luckily you didn't land on anyone else. Cletus is dead.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 01:57:53 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:06 pm »

Oh God, what was that sound?
If my Parrot has reached the out post look at video feed, If not then well watch the video feed any way.
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 07, 2012, 01:39:19 pm »

Fuck!

((Fuck. GUNIN, any chance I could see a rough map of my position and the aliens positions relative to the Hab Mod?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #654 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »

Fuck!

((Fuck. GUNIN, any chance I could see a rough map of my position and the aliens positions relative to the Hab Mod?))
I might draw something for you in a bit. I'd have to look for the proper drawing program first though since I don't have one on hand.
You're about twenty feet from the Hab itself since you walked a ways so you would be comfortably in range of the rock.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #655 on: October 07, 2012, 01:45:18 pm »

By the way Alanoran, you're not dead yet.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #656 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:25 pm »

Now you're dead. I forgot to put that in your action post.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 07, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

((Thanks. ok, next question: I assume that I am currently carrying several Overcharge Capacitors for my rifle, correct? Are they volatile? [i.e. if I shoot one, will it explode?] Also, what are the effects of failing that fear check?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #658 on: October 07, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »

((Thanks. ok, next question: I assume that I am currently carrying several Overcharge Capacitors for my rifle, correct? Are they volatile? [i.e. if I shoot one, will it explode?] Also, what are the effects of failing that fear check?))
The overcharge capacitors are your ammunition, yes. If you get a bad roll, then there might be an Explode Check. Needless to say, if you actually hit anything the results will be fairly spectacular. Failing a Fear Check could make you miss a shot, or be stunned (frozen in fear). You might trip and fall over your own feet if you try to run, or you could get a -1 to a defensive roll. Depends on the situation.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:06:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 07, 2012, 02:13:04 pm »

((So, if I were to, say toss a capacitor in the midst of all those aliens and shoot the capacitor, it WOULD explode?))
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 55