- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47400 times)

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - First Wave - WAVE IMMINENT
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2012, 04:13:42 pm »

((Sorry, guys. these last few weeks have been hectic, my grandad got prostate cancer, so, yeah... I should be fine now though.))

Radios to the newest Migrants.
All the new arrivals okay? No twisted ankles.(lol)
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #541 on: September 29, 2012, 06:19:10 pm »

Vincent takes some potshots at the beast's head before turning and running for the quarters.
[5] You put three rounds in the monster's skull in the most offhand manner possible before rushing inside the Airlock with Perrin. [Weapon 7/10] You turn back to see if its still following you. Its lying on the ground twitching with blood pouring from whats left of its head.

Make sure it's dead, then step back and defend self. I wont throw myself onto a creature that everyone is shooting at.
You stick the corpse a few more times for good measure and then move to help with the other monster. Its lying spread eagle in the dirt with the other half of its brain sprayed across the ground. Vincent is standing in the airlock with Perrin, panting and holding a smoking pistol in his hand.

Clicking off the safety, Jim shoots the monster, staying out of everyone's line of fire.
Vincent blew its brains out. You gaze at him quizzically for a moment and then move out of his line of fire.

Slowly looks around inside the pod checking myself for anything broken
"Ahh nothing like a drop to wake you up.
Locates my gear and grabs my gun checking to see if it's loaded, if not do so. Opens my pod and slowly lifts mysef down and looks around. starts a transmition on all frequencies.
"This is Haurk, I am broadcasting on all chanels. Is there anyone out there?"
You're a bit shaken from the drop, but otherwise you're fine. You punch the lone control panel and the pod door literally explodes and engulfs you in a burst of yellow flame. [Luck Check: 5] Thankfully your suit was completely sealed, and it seems you're okay. You key your internal mike and start checking channels.
Hello? Is anyone out there? If you can hear me, please respond.

Broken and frantic chatter crackles over your comm. From what you can make out you find that a firefight is in progress. You hop out of and circle the pod to find the cargo compartment. You find it with ease, but it seems to have been damaged in the drop. You try to open it and the handle comes off in your hands. You're cursing your bad luck when the hatch comes away entirely. You stand silently for a moment before grabbing your pack and retrieving your Over-Cal Pistol. Its already loaded. You turn around and see flashes of weapons fire illuminating struggling silhouettes against the black night. They're about 35 feet away. It will take you only a moment to walk over there.

((Yayyy.  :) ))

Reggie gets out taking his gear, loads his rifle, then looks around to see if any of the people he dropped with need help.

Radio Call "Hi Haurk, This is Reggie. Wow that's quite a ride. They didn't mention THAT in the brochure! Now I know what a bullet feels like ... Everyone ok?

((I'm assuming that I'm at least acquainted with the people I dropped with otherwise I'd introduce myself.))
You wake up sprawled on the ground a short distance from your pod. It looks like the door keeping you inside the pod was shorn away moments before you hit planetside. You look yourself over, and see the remnants of your restraints are burnt into your the suit. Somehow you made it out unscathed. You get to your feet and head over to the pod. The cargo hatch pops open and you snag your pack, swinging it onto your shoulder with a single deft movement. You grab your Kinetic Jammer with one hand and rest it on your shoulder, turning slowly and looking around. You see one other Migrant gliding silently through the early morning gloom. He stops abruptly and stares into the distance. You follow his gaze and see dark figures moving through the night. Looks like thats the original team. You count only four. You reach a hand to your helmet and flick a switch. Your comm bursts to life and you hear a deep voice echoing across the channel.
Oi! I read you clear mate. The name's Reggie. Hell of a way to start the day eh?

((Reggie is from New New Zealand. Yes there are two news.))

"Ugh. I hate near orbit drops"

Gordon steps out of his pod and checks his rifle, then scans his immediate surroundings

"Is everyone ok? Nothing broken?"
You blink a few times, open the door, hop out of the pod, crack the cargo hatch and reach inside, looping the straps of your pack over your arms and onto your shoulders. You grab your Phoenix and drop to one knee, scanning the area with your starlight optics. You can see the others getting out of their pods slowly and gravitating towards the Habitat Module ((Note from the GM: That really is a better name for it)). From where you are you can see the four original Migrants gathered around the corpses of some strange creatures. It looks like they just finished taking them out. A few icons wink to life on your HUD, indicating some activity over your monitored channels. You key into the frequency.
This is Gordon! Yo Reggie! Is everyone alright? Looks like the old boys had a hell of a time keeping this place safe.

Graeme starts Vixen's boot sequence from inside the pod, grabs his kit, and steps out.

<Vixen, start a mechanical diagnostic. I want to make sure everything's okay after that drop.>

he looks around, getting his bearings and [hopefully] spotting the hab module, then speaks on the radio in a young voice.

"Graeme here. Still a little shaky after that landing. I could have sworn you said you were being attacked by... space bears?" he squints at the commotion by the module. "What the heck?"

((I'm putting implant commands in the < > for now, differentiating them from spoken ones.))
((@ImplantCommands Thats a good idea.))
Space bears? What the fuck is wrong with you guys? By the way I'm Graeme.
You climb out of the pod and grab your gear. You take Vixen/the Vixen ((did you name it that, or is Vixen what its designated as?)) in your hands and open a small port in its side. You jack in and access its manual console to boot it up. It springs to life and starts to squirm. You disconnect and set him/her/it ((whichever you prefer)) on the ground. He/she/it uplinks to your implant and checks in for a diagnostic battery.
Vixen: Reactor - Online, Sensors - Online, Auxiliary Functions - Online….
All Systems - Nominal

[The] Vixen shakes himself/herself/itself and looks up at you, as if waiting for something.
After glancing around, you see that most of the others have already grabbed their things and are getting their bearings.

Having been awake throughout the drop, Yhgi shakes his head to clear away some of the ringing in his ears as he checks his suit and pops the hatch. Yhgi grabs his gear as he descends to the ground, hanging the tomahawk in a self-tightening loop at his waist.
"This is Yhgi Iroulue. Whoo. Man! That was one hell of a drop! Did I hear someone say Space-Bears?"
As he says this, Yhgi shoulders his rifle and racks the bolt, loading a round.
"I am cocked, locked and ready to rock."
He looks around, spotting the hab module. Yhgi raises his gun to have a closer look through the adjustable telescopic sight.
(To himself,) "Uh oh."
You wake up to the sight of twisted metal. The front of your pod was mangled in the impact and anything that was functioning previously is no longer powered. The door looks weak after meeting the dirt at a hundred miles an hour.

[5] You lift your foot and pop the entire thing off with one powerful kick. After tightening the tomahawk's sling around one of your suit's anchor points and grabbing your Blazer ((the telescopic sight is a standard designated marksman scope, and is not adjustable. It still allows you to engage at long ranges, however)), you bend over and lift your equipment onto your back. Checking your surroundings, you see that you're the last to emerge from the landing. You see the dim outline of the Habitat Module in the distance.

((Sorry, guys. these last few weeks have been hectic, my grandad got prostate cancer, so, yeah... I should be fine now though.))

Radios to the newest Migrants.
All the new arrivals okay? No twisted ankles.(lol)
((I was in the exact same position a few years back. Family comes first. Always.))
Hey! Who are you calling old?! I'll deal with you later. *grumblegrumble* So is everyone okay so far?

The new Migrants rally and move towards the Habitat Module. By the time they reach it the original Migrants have already piled the corpses off to one side and are busy cleaning their weapons and suits. The four survivors look up from their work and greet them happily. The celebration dies quickly as it dawns upon you the immensity of the task before you. Its time to get to work.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:27:02 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 29, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »

Prepare everything to go get the crystals. "We're going to get some minerals from a nearby crater."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #543 on: September 29, 2012, 08:02:13 pm »

Prepare everything to go get the crystals. "We're going to get some minerals from a nearby crater."
If no one else has a different suggestion, then you'll all get on the rover and head to the pit. I'd like at least two people to confirm that this is what they want to do. Anyone who wants to stay behind should say so now.

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #544 on: September 29, 2012, 08:44:50 pm »

"I'll come with you, if you want."
Moves towards Aneos.
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

Vincent quickly catalogs samples from the space bears ((Yes they are space bears and that's what I shall name them)) And pops some tissue in the scanner

Dibs on naming the monsters!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #546 on: September 29, 2012, 09:49:43 pm »

Vincent quickly catalogs samples from the space bears ((Yes they are space bears and that's what I shall name them)) And pops some tissue in the scanner

Grabbing a sample should only take a moment, so do you still vote on going to the pit, or do you have a different idea?

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 29, 2012, 10:22:34 pm »

((Can I buy a small handheld flashlight before we go?  Cause I do that if I can.  Otherwise I just go with the others))

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 29, 2012, 11:30:13 pm »

Checks equipment.
The Pits sound like a good idea to me.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #549 on: September 29, 2012, 11:53:36 pm »

((Can I buy a small handheld flashlight before we go?  Cause I do that if I can.  Otherwise I just go with the others))
Sure, but why do you need a flashlight? Its not a cave, its a hole that goes straight down (A.K.A. A Pit). It will be illuminated by sunlight once you get there.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 30, 2012, 12:01:38 am »

((It's still dawn right?  I don't wanna be jumped by anymore space bears or Ignis.  Besides, it would be a good idea to have one anyway.))

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 30, 2012, 12:03:31 am »

Walk over and examine the remains of the alien creatures to look for potential weaknesses, then head inside the living quarters

"What's this about minerals now?"

((I'll pass on the trip to The Pitt.))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #552 on: September 30, 2012, 10:24:39 am »

((Ahh just found finalized chracter sheet in OOC thread, apprently I didn't get a rifle. This futuristic pick thingy looks like fun though. :D ))

"A crater with crystals you say? Well that sound right up my alley. Lead on!"

Since Vincent is taking bear sample Reggie will also take a spare minute to look at them, hoping his Survival Training will suggest something useful.

Afterwards Reggie will join the party heading to the crater. As they leave he looks at his compass noting which direction they travel in.

Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:05 am »

Follow the others to the crater, carrying the spool of carbon fiber rope.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #554 on: September 30, 2012, 01:55:15 pm »

You break the silence with a solemn quip.
We'll be moving out soon, so finish up whatever needs to be done. If anyone wants to stay behind, I won't stop you.

The newcomers watch you with a sense of awe, clearly impressed by your stoic brand of leadership. Meanwhile the others roll their eyes and return to their tasks.

You head through the airlock and into the Habitat Module to grab the laser, getting a good look at it for the first time. Its a rather massive cylindrical tube that has small handles spread across its surface to facilitate a variety of different grips (you can fire it from the shoulder, or from your side, like a fictional minigun), and four thin prongs on the end that apparently must be extended before firing. This is done via a priming switch, or manually. There is also a power readout on the opposite end of the laser that has a toggle with several markings on it. They read: MAG3-MAG2-MAG1. It is currently set to MAG1. You have no idea what that means.

Holding the laser in both hands, you walk towards the rover and set it on its deck, then climb on yourself and wait for the others.

"I'll come with you, if you want."
Moves towards Aneos.
You climb onto the rover with Aneos and wait patiently for the rest of the guys.

You walk over to the partially headless corpse and root around in his skull, yanking a small hunk of grey matter off of his frontal lobe and stuff it into the scanner, giggling with delight like a Japanese schoolboy.
Metal bears….

Before anyone can spot you doing !!SCIENCE!! you scurry over and dive onto the deck of the rover, crushing Aneos and Yhgi beneath your substantial bulk.
YES THEY ARE SPACE BEHRS AND THAT IS WHAT I SHALL NAME THEM!!!!!

Checks equipment.
The Pits sound like a good idea to me.
The Pits?! Gosh! Sounds like a heck of a good time! Count me in!
You join the growing pile atop the rover.

Walk over and examine the remains of the alien creatures to look for potential weaknesses, then head inside the living quarters

"What's this about minerals now?"

((I'll pass on the trip to The Pitt.))
You walk over to the dead monsters and start poking them with your armoured hand, probing for a weakness that will give you even the slightest advantage. You reach its pulverised skull and find that it is exceptionally squishy. You squish it some more in order to affirm your suspicions.
Oh yeah. Thats squishy.

((Ahh just found finalized chracter sheet in OOC thread, apprently I didn't get a rifle. This futuristic pick thingy looks like fun though. :D ))

"A crater with crystals you say? Well that sound right up my alley. Lead on!"

Since Vincent is taking bear sample Reggie will also take a spare minute to look at them, hoping his Survival Training will suggest something useful.

Afterwards Reggie will join the party heading to the crater. As they leave he looks at his compass noting which direction they travel in.

You walk over to one of the space bears and look at it. You find nothing about it that seems too terribly exploitable, so you leave it alone and hop onto the rover.

Follow the others to the crater, carrying the spool of carbon fiber rope.
You grab the coil of rope and sling it over your shoulder. Its kind of heavy. No..wait…. Its really heavy. [-1 to movement checks] You climb onto the rover and take the wheel.

Anyone who hasn't already done so jumps up and clambers onto the rover. The whole thing is a mess of shouting and shoving, and when they finally get themselves organised they all wave simultaneously at Gordon before Jim guns the accelerator and you're all sent rocketing away towards the Pit. He trudges dejectedly back to the Habitat Module and sighs, with his head down, and his arms hanging uselessly at his sides. "Poor Gordy." Say the others. "Poor me." Says Gordon, his mouth drawn into a quivering frown as he does his best to hold back the tears. Poor Gordon. :(

After about an hour of riding the group finally reaches the Pit. The team jumps off of the rover and walks down the slope until they're stopped by the massive drop. You all peer carefully over the edge. [Luck Check - d8=2] Jim gets a bit too close to the rim of the hole and it crumbles under his weight. He spins and manages to quickly catch the edge, a shower of rocks plummeting to the bottom of the Pit in his place. Everyone is silent for a moment as they watch the large rocks fall. They turn to dust upon meeting the ground, and Jim glances up from this morbid prediction and looks pleadingly up at the others. He still has the rope coiled around his chest, and its added weight is beginning to weaken his grip.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55