- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47152 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave
« Reply #375 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:16 pm »

"Mother of god... Ok, I guess the planet's even more dangerous than it looks. We're going to have to be careful, guys," Jim said as he slowly backed up to the rover.

If the others want to head back to base, do so, but if not, compose myself and continue fixing the suspension.
The others are gawking at the monster as it lopes off into the distance. You shrug and get back to work.

I am waiting on actions from Perrin, Aneos, and Vincent. I shouldn't have to ask you for them so often. Its the weekend so I want to bust some action posts out. Do you guys want a dedicated OOC thread?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2012, 06:18:52 pm »

oh, heheh...

Head back to rover, put the scrap I pulled off onto it securely, then try to find something else nearby that's interesting, like a mineral in a rock that's lying around or small benign wildlife. ((these things have to eat something, right?))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »

(( You mean apart from us? ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #378 on: September 14, 2012, 06:57:16 pm »

oh, heheh...

Head back to rover, put the scrap I pulled off onto it securely, then try to find something else nearby that's interesting, like a mineral in a rock that's lying around or small benign wildlife. ((these things have to eat something, right?))
Tossing the hunk of scrap onto the rover, you set off beyond the pods to see what the beast may have left behind. There is a massive hole in the ground where the six-legged monster was buried. The lip of the crater slopes gently downwards for about 14 meters before the sand turns to rock and the slope's incline turns into a sheer drop for 50 meters. If you had anti-gravity capabilities or a long coil of rope, you could reach the bottom of the pit with relative ease. It reminds you of this, except with a lot less water. The bedrock making up the very bottom of the hole is made up of a strange blackish-red layer of shale. You can see traces of a clear twinkling substance as well as pockets of large yellow crystals sprouting from the ground in clusters.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:59:40 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #379 on: September 14, 2012, 07:18:24 pm »

ATTENTION MIGRANTS:
Two things:

Just to make it official, would those of you playing and our spectators on the waitlist like an OOC thread?

Can those of you on the waitlist PM me your final character sheets? If you have made no changes, PM me the latest one. Also, I'm still accepting new players, aside from those currently waiting to play. Any potential newcomers beware: this is a limited time offer, and recruiting will be closed soon. It will open back up during wave periods.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave - Two Slots Open
« Reply #380 on: September 14, 2012, 07:20:07 pm »

(( OOC sounds good to me and assuming im allowed to rejoin later have you still got mine? Or should i redo it? ))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #381 on: September 14, 2012, 07:25:30 pm »

(( OOC sounds good to me and assuming im allowed to rejoin later have you still got mine? Or should i redo it? ))
I'd rather have new players come in. Veterans can come in during later waves.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 14, 2012, 07:36:15 pm »

Mark this area down on the map. "So, There are some interesting crystals here. We need some rope or something to get down... What if we took the gravity thingey's from the landing pods?" Then head back to the rover.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 14, 2012, 07:39:41 pm »

After getting over the giddiness of possible riches, Vincent heads back to the scanner for more information on the Ignis.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 14, 2012, 10:03:26 pm »

"I think it would be easier to make the base moveable than to build a big enough cannon to kill that thing. If you have any ideas regarding that, just let me know."

Continue working.

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #385 on: September 15, 2012, 12:17:52 am »

Mark this area down on the map. "So, There are some interesting crystals here. We need some rope or something to get down... What if we took the gravity thingey's from the landing pods?" Then head back to the rover.
Those crystals sure are strange.. You jot down a short revision to your map and walk back to the rover. It looks like Jim is almost done with his repairs.
About ten more minutes I'd say. This piece here is far too loose.

After getting over the giddiness of possible riches, Vincent heads back to the scanner for more information on the Ignis.
Scanner: Next queued topic…. Wilbur Physiology….
CORRECTION…. Ignus Physiology…. Data compiling….

-- This particularly sturdy variant of what is presumably a centipede can survive in high-pressure and extreme-temperature conditions through the utilisation of an elaborate brand of homeostasis for an indeterminable amount of time. --

Summary concluded…. Recommend live examination for further information….

"I think it would be easier to make the base moveable than to build a big enough cannon to kill that thing. If you have any ideas regarding that, just let me know."

Continue working.
As you work, you wonder about the merits of trying to build a colony that rolls.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 15, 2012, 12:23:12 am »

((I read a series about cities on tracks a while ago, but I kind of forget what it was. Speaking of which, tracks would probably be the best fit for a moving colony, especialy with good suspension.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #387 on: September 15, 2012, 12:29:31 am »

No has yet to voice their opinion on an OOC thread. Do you want it or not?

I was planning on leaving information that wouldn't fit on this thread, suggested Migrant projects, the status of the colony, consistently updated information on creatures, and all sorts of nifty MRU products in the OP. All you need to do is say the word. Unless you don't want it. Your decision Migrants.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 15, 2012, 02:29:48 am »

No has yet to voice their opinion on an OOC thread. Do you want it or not?

I was planning on leaving information that wouldn't fit on this thread, suggested Migrant projects, the status of the colony, consistently updated information on creatures, and all sorts of nifty MRU products in the OP. All you need to do is say the word. Unless you don't want it. Your decision Migrants.

I'm not a migrant yet, but I say yes please.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 15, 2012, 07:11:37 am »

I'd like that. Especially with beasts the size of moons.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55