- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47093 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave
« Reply #345 on: September 12, 2012, 09:47:01 pm »

"Well, if you see anything interesting around, just let me know," Jim said through the radio as he worked on the rover.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #346 on: September 12, 2012, 10:49:56 pm »

"Well, if you see anything interesting around, just let me know," Jim said through the radio as he worked on the rover.
ATTENTION MIGRANTS: This concerns Doomblade as much as the rest of you, so you would do well to read this thoroughly. However, in this particular post, I will be addressing him directly. Thanks.

Your action will be suspended for now as you work on the rover, since it will take a few hours. Just for clarification, would you like to merely fix the suspension, or improve it? If you fix it, then you'll have a single roll, the outcome of which determining whether or not it will break when you drive it. If you want to improve the suspension, then you will have upwards of two rolls, and you will be increasing the speed of the vehicle on rough terrain and the amount of weight it can safely support, which might be useful if you ever intend to purchase a module for the rover. ((modules convert base vehicles to a dedicated role (combat, transportation, exploration), and cost less than a brand new vehicle, but a converted vehicle may lose other functions and abilities and have a reduced capacity to perform in other roles. a factory built combat-rover will be much more effective than a base rover with a combat module. modules can be removed and replaced at will.))

Fun Fact:
You may re-roll some failed rolls once. However, this rule is extremely flexible.
In this case, as long as Jim doesn't break the rover or hurt himself, he can roll for the modification/repair as many times as he likes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:55:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:04 pm »

No actions today? Now I'm sad.
Jim started fixing the rover, Aneos tore something off a pod, and Perrin only said he wanted to get off the rover. So I'm waiting for actions right now, and have been since yesterday. Jim still needs to decide if he's going to mod or repair the rover.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:34:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2012, 08:24:49 pm »

((oh, I was kinda waiting for someone else to do something, I guess I can go make an action.))

Try to get a better vantage point for looking for anything strange, but keep within distance of where the others can help me if need be.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2012, 08:35:14 pm »

Jim begins to work on unlocking the rover's suspension.

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2012, 09:11:43 pm »

((oh, I was kinda waiting for someone else to do something, I guess I can go make an action.))

Try to get a better vantage point for looking for anything strange, but keep within distance of where the others can help me if need be.
You trudge away from the pod towards a small berm, your hunk of scrap still in hand.

Standing atop the proverbial crow's nest, you scan the horizon in seek of worthy plunder. Avast! A beast lies yonder, off the starboard bow!
Shiver me timbers! Its.. FUCKING.. HUGE!!!

Jim begins to work on unlocking the rover's suspension.
Dropping to the ground near the rover, you whip out your tools and begin working on fixing the rover's suspension. [5 + 1 profession] It turns out to be a really simple fix. You've seen this problem all the time on the VF-623 model. Not even bothering to take your tools out, you get to the repairs. You estimate that it should take you about 10 minutes to finish and you tell the others. The ground shakes rhythmically, and you nearly lose your footing as you crouch underneath the deck of the rover. Aneos' awestricken voice comes crackling over the comm.

Sweet Jesus..

You turn around quickly and see the monstrosity as it rises from the earth, sand pouring from its joints as it shakes itself mightily.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 09:15:59 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2012, 09:29:19 pm »

Book it to the rover, just book it.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2012, 09:39:18 pm »

(( Cowards stand and fight!!! Whats the worst that could happen? ))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2012, 09:40:22 pm »

((and that's why you're still alive, isn't it?))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2012, 09:42:37 pm »

(( Hey i was gonna live lol the monster didnt kill me i had it beat. Then the doctor decided it would be helpful to melt half my body then blow my head off. ))

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »

(( Hey i was gonna live lol the monster didnt kill me i had it beat. Then the doctor decided it would be helpful to melt half my body then blow my head off. ))

((That's a good point... actually, come to think of it, every death so far has been a direct result of player action. huh.))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2012, 09:53:09 pm »

Just saying that the bare-bone leg didn't seem like too much of an advantage to me.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2012, 10:01:34 pm »

(( Meh id probably have lived. Assuming the doctor didnt cut my leg off entirely while trying to fix it. Remind me to never ask him for help again lol. ))

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2012, 10:10:20 pm »

((The doctor fixed me, I just died due to people leaving me oxygen starved for ten minutes. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.))
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »

((The doctor fixed me, I just died due to people leaving me oxygen starved for ten minutes. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.))
Yeah. Whats wrong with them?

Book it to the rover, just book it.
[2] You stumble backwards and roll down the dune as the creature bursts from the sand. It towers above you, and back at the camp, Vincent looks up when he notices the monolithic beast blocking out the sun for thousands of miles.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 55