- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47086 times)

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2012, 10:15:25 pm »

((The doctor fixed me, I just died due to people leaving me oxygen starved for ten minutes. Seriously, what is wrong with you people.))

((not to mention how they just left you to rot back at the camp. If you're going to leave a man to die, the least you can do is bury him.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »

The three of you have yet to look at it. I can't wait.

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2012, 10:24:13 pm »

((Oh, this is gonna be good...))
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

I walk up to where Jay was to get a look at the monster and look for weaknesses.
What's Fucking huge?
((Sorry I was AFK))
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »

Mother of god....

Vincent examines the thing from afar, trying to ascertain what this thing is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »

I walk up to where Jay was to get a look at the monster and look for weaknesses.
What's Fucking huge?
((Sorry I was AFK))
Jay is back at camp. And dead. -.-

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #366 on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:05 pm »

Mother of god....

Vincent examines the thing from afar, trying to ascertain what this thing is.

Staring out at the thing from inside the quarters, the monster is easily large enough to dwarf H-3's natural satellites. All twelve of them. Even at this distance you can see directly into its gaping maw, overflowing with jagged, gnashing teeth and flanked by two massive pincers the size of battleships (space battleships). Your legs grow weak around the knees and you place your hands against the wall to steady their shaking. A giddy feeling comes over you, and you begin to laugh maniacally.
I'm going to be rich! Filthy goddamned rich!!

What's Fucking huge?
((Sorry I was AFK))
You look up at the monster before you as it finishes surfacing, and at this point you can't even see where his legs meet its body, since its nearly reached the ceiling of the troposphere (its slightly bigger than Earth's since H-3 is, well, bigger than Earth). You count slowly, and find that it has a total of six sandy-red legs, and the sunlight glints off of them as they shift to gain purchase. They're covered in needles 10 metres long (about as big as a city bus. Theres a lot of them).

The thing lifts its two front legs and throws them forward, moving away from your location. The amount of atmosphere displaced by its movement causes the wind to shift, and air to rush rapidly to fill the empty space, creating a suction effect and pulling you and the others off of your feet and dragging you several feet towards the creature. You're all left terrified by this and shaking in fear, but the thing is still far enough away that you're in no danger of being stepped on. Even if you drove towards it, the journey would take hours before you drew close enough to be able to touch it (and why the hell would you want to do that??!).

Standing up and being careful not to get knocked down again, you shake the lingering granules of sand from your suit, and watch as the abomination strides away from you.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2012, 11:55:35 pm »

Someone gets picture of this, please!  I sincerely hope one of you has a camera!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #368 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:06 am »

((Yay Got my character sheet sorted and approved. I'll be in when the GM desides to inflict this world on more colonists. I'm a miner. Seemed good since we need income, and there seem to be undeground/lava shenenegins to invenstigate))

My character: Reggie Smith, miner, properly paranoid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((not to mention how they just left you to rot back at the camp. If you're going to leave a man to die, the least you can do is bury him.))

((LOL I was hoping only I and Gun had noticed that. I was looking forward to shock and schenegins in a day or so when he starts to stink up the living quarters.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:23:13 am by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 14, 2012, 05:00:52 am »

...duct tape
   aerial signal flare
   smoke signal flare
   chemical light stick
   Suit Patch Kit...

((Dude. You don't need a patch kit when you have duct tape.
Well, maybe to re-pressurise it but other than that...[Although, it certainly handy. {Look at me, I'm contradicting myself.}] ))
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2012, 05:02:14 am »

((Double post.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2012, 07:40:47 am »

Skills:

first aid
rifle marksman
simple mechanics/crafting.
Change these two. For the sake of the game I'm not going to let everyone be master marksmen and triage experts. Be creative, and remember, I wuv oo guys! <3

ATTENTION MIGRANTS: I'm still waiting on actions from those of you who are still alive. When something happens I generally expect you to react to it. -.-

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2012, 10:38:58 am »

Doh! I thought you were ok with him on Wednesday. *shrug*  I'll happily change the first aid skill, but you can have my marksmanship when you tear it from my cold dead hands. ;)

Seriously though, unless I'm missing something there's only one other living guy who has weapon use as a skill.  :-\

First Aid --> Gymnastics

(If my argument didn't win you over)
Marksman --> Chemistry
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2012, 03:52:11 pm »

"Mother of god... Ok, I guess the planet's even more dangerous than it looks. We're going to have to be careful, guys," Jim said as he slowly backed up to the rover.

If the others want to head back to base, do so, but if not, compose myself and continue fixing the suspension.

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2012, 05:05:25 pm »

Aneos turns on his radio"Ok guys, we need to act. That thing, or something like it WILL eventually find our base camp, and we need to defend ourselves. I have a proposal on how we can do this. We somehow configure our camp to be mobile, or, you know... really big cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 55