- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47161 times)

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 2 - First Wave
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2012, 12:28:57 pm »

Elaborate on man-made heat sources

After examining the data, Vincent radios to the others,

Guys, what should I name the Lava-pede?  I'm thinking Wilbur, but I'm not sure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

Aneos radio's back"I believe it means name the species. I say that wilbur is a horrible name for a species, because that is the name of a person, when someone shouts 'The Wilburs are coming! we're all going to die!' I under no circumstances would be fearful of it. But I'm fine with naming that specific one Wilbur." He looks off the side of the rover, looking for anything of note as he akwardly hangs onto the rover.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 02:44:05 pm by exolyx »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2012, 02:33:14 pm »

Kinda why I was asking for input, because my naming skills are quite poor.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2012, 06:16:26 pm »

I'm glad you guys are getting motivated and bringing your characters to life!  :D
Good stuff gents, really! Jolly well done indeed!

Elaborate on man-made heat sources

After examining the data, Vincent radios to the others,

Guys, what should I name the Lava-pede?  I'm thinking Wilbur, but I'm not sure.
Scanner: 'Man-Made Heat Sources include, but are not limited to: Directed-Energy Weapons ((Plasma (limited resistance), Concentrated Radiation)), High Frequency Blades, Continent-Class Reactor wake, Military Incendiaries (Aerosol-based, Gel-based, etc.)….

You stare at the list, agape. Capturing one of those creatures could mean that all Energy-based warfare would become utterly obsolete. At least in theory. It would take decades of research and development to achieve a tangible result, and any prototype to be developed would likely fail anyway. The first physical specimen would still fetch a mountainous profit on the corporate market, but they would likely take all the credit, and your mouth is still watering at the thought of the crushing amounts of the fame (not to mention the perks that come with it) that would surely be yours if you donated the sample to a nonprofit organisation.

Guys, what should I name the bug thing? I've thrown it around a bit, and I think I'll call it Wilbur. Is Wilbur a good name?

Aneos radio's back"I believe it means name the species. I say that wilbur is a horrible name for a species, because that is the name of a person, when someone shouts 'The Wilburs are coming! we're all going to die!' I under no circumstances would be fearful of it. But I'm fine with naming that specific one Wilbur." He looks off the side of the rover, looking for anything of note as he akwardly hangs onto the rover.
Thats a horrible idea! "The Wilburs are coming! RUN!" Ooooh! Scary!
You scoff and disengage your helmet mike, shaking your head in quiet disbelief. You bring your attention back to expansive desert surrounding you as the rover hits yet another pot hole, jarring its reluctant passengers. You don't remember the place being so damned bumpy. Sticking your head out over the side of the rover and looking past your legs as they dangle off the edge of the deck, you look at the vehicle's undercarriage and the rapidly spinning tires. [5] The suspension appears to be locked, this was probably done for storage purposes and it is now resulting in a less than efficient ride. With a few hours Jim could probably adjust the settings. You wonder why he didn't notice before. If kept in its current state, you're likely to bottom out if you hit a particularly large hole. However, you're fairly sure that it can wait for now, as the surface of the wasteland is quite smooth aside from the occasional dip.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:36:16 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2012, 06:25:06 pm »

(Once we get to the landing area.)
I Get off.
Okay guys, how are we going to do this?
Walks too nearest pod.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2012, 06:36:33 pm »

(once we arrive)
Hop off of the rover."I assume that we just use the rover's claw thing." Look around for what I can lift without the rover."Oh, and something might be wrong with the suspension."

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2012, 08:26:51 pm »

((How can I send the sample?))

okay, how about... god dangit, I took latin for this exact reason!  Uhh... Ignis Scolopendra!  Whaddya think?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2012, 08:33:54 pm »

((How can I send the sample?))

okay, how about... god dangit, I took latin for this exact reason!  Uhh... Ignis Scolopendra!  Whaddya think?

How about Ignique? Igni for short.

Oh fuck! Its an Igni! Run for your lives!! BWAAAAAAHH!! :o

To send a sample you place it in an MRU capsule, and then place that in the MRU itself. The MRU is essentially a small teleportation device. In the future you call it "Relocation", as opposed to "teleportation". The reason being that it is used quite commonly, and the underclass couldn't wrap their heads around the concept, so it was simplified for their benefit. So far relocation can only be done with small objects, and only from short distances. A fancy re-locator could send a box across a small solar system, although some say that the military has advanced re-locators that can move entire human beings for the purpose of infiltration. There are networks of re-locators around the two galaxies that humans currently occupy (the first is the Milky Way, you're in the second one). Basically you put the item you want to 'sell' into the MRU, and off it goes to the buyer. You receive your funds electronically, so if you ever want to know how much cash the colony has you just check the balance at the MRU. You can also buy things at the MRU. Small requests are delivered directly to the MRU. Sometimes in pieces if its a rocket launcher or something. Anything larger, like a vehicle or a building just gets dropped by passing freighters. Theres always a lot of them in this system since its been targeted for the Migrant Program, so normally you just need to wait anywhere from a few hours to a day. MRU freighters actually receive the order screw by screw and assemble it in the factory they have in the hold and prep the product for delivery. Its a very lucrative business and most MRUFs are part of syndicates or owned by corporations.

I think I called the MRUs Migrant Requisition Units? They're actually Mobile Requisition Units.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:51:31 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »

((Sure, why not.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:56 pm »

(Once we get to the landing area.)
I Get off.
Okay guys, how are we going to do this?
Walks too nearest pod.

(once we arrive)
Hop off of the rover."I assume that we just use the rover's claw thing." Look around for what I can lift without the rover."Oh, and something might be wrong with the suspension."

The rover slows to a halt.
Perrin and Aneos jump off the rover while Jim watches the surrounding area from his perch atop the rover. Aneos gets a closer look at the suspension and wonders aloud if there is anything we can do about it. Jim turns his head, the sun a gleaming reflection in his visor.

Yeah, I guess I can fix it now while you two decide what you're planning do to with those pods. We could strap a whole pod up top and still have room for the two of you. If we took two at once we'd have to hoof it, and it would take us all day to get back to camp. Or you could just take it apart.

He shrugs and looks away.

I don't even know what we could do with them. Its just a shell with a small anti-gravity unit. Nothing special.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2012, 08:58:59 pm »

"You see, we can fashion quite a bit from some metal scraps and old parts. They are designed to be a contained area so we could theoretically link them together and make a building, or less constricting armor. Really we have quite some things we can do. Pick up some scrap metal.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »

Jim begins to adjust the suspension on the rover with his tools. ((Retcon- he brought them too.))

"Should have noticed the suspension before... Ah well, let's get to work. If you want to bring a pod, just one at a time, please."

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2012, 09:19:15 pm »

"You see, we can fashion quite a bit from some metal scraps and old parts. They are designed to be a contained area so we could theoretically link them together and make a building, or less constricting armor. Really we have quite some things we can do. Pick up some scrap metal.
You approach the nearest pod and attempt to tear a chunk out of the least resistant part of it. [4] Straining with effort, a small one foot by one foot piece of steel comes off in your hands and you fall backwards, landing on your ass with a grunt. You get to your feet, grinning at your prize.

We'll have metal houses and metal arms and metal souls and metal cats. Metal skulls metal eyeballs metal chairs metal teacups metal cake metal ropes metal music metal doors metal bikes metal hair metal schools metal congressmen metal hammers metal art metal belts metal sounds….
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:37:50 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 12, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »

"Before we get a pod, would it be a better idea to try to search around a bit to see if we cant find anything interesting to take back? Like ores, weird rocks, dead animals, etc."

Metal bears metal cheese metal windows metal internet browsers metal beds metal bears metal bears oh god yes metal bears

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #344 on: September 12, 2012, 09:46:28 pm »

"Before we get a pod, would it be a better idea to try to search around a bit to see if we cant find anything interesting to take back? Like ores, weird rocks, dead animals, etc."

Metal bears metal cheese metal windows metal internet browsers metal beds metal bears metal bears oh god yes metal bears
I was hoping you would think better of dragging one of those back.. I guess I can't stop you….
Oh wait. I can. :D I'm only joking. Exploring this area is a good idea. (hint?  ::))
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 55