- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47255 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #270 on: September 09, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »

Hi, this game looks really cool. Can I join?

I've never played a RTD before but i've been reading and think I get the gist and I understand how general RP works.
If you send in your character sheet. Once the guys who are playing right now get set up I'm going to add in some exposition that will justify more migrants. This is only Wave 1.

Also, I'm home! Yay! :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 06:28:28 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 1 - First Wave
« Reply #271 on: September 09, 2012, 07:40:17 pm »

((Action edit.))

Jim allows himself to be guided into the quarters.

"Guys, help me out."
Stretching your hands out, trying to feel your way to the others, you take a shaky step forward. Your boot catches the front wheel of the rover and you lose your balance. Vincent grabs you by your pack and yanks you back to your feet and you stifle a cry; a single bead of sweat traces the contours of your face and runs down your neck. Your jumpsuit is soaked and you realise you're holding your breath. You exhale, shuddering, and keep your eyes trained on the popping visor as Vincent gently guides you towards safety.

Th-thanks..huh….Vince….

As soon as the quarters are unpacked, Vincent helps guide Jim in and then sets up his lab.
How's the unpacking coming along?
You notice that everyone seems to be busy getting the quarters unloaded except Jim, who is walking in a less than straight line. You move towards him, about to ask him what he's up to when his feet slip out from under him. You're close, and your right hand lashes out without thinking and snags a strap on his pack. You lean backwards and use your weight to haul him back upright. Thats when you see his visor. Your heart drops into your stomach and you put a hand on his shoulder, gently.

I've got you buddy. You'll be right as rain in half a moment.

Umm, I just suppose we should do something, so if anyone has no objections... Set up the living quarters, grab others for help if need be.
You grab the other side of the quarters crate and help Perrin move it over near the ice block. After setting it down, he palms a control pad on the crate. A small red light begins steadily blinking, the frequency picks up and you become concerned as you remember how most of the Migrant delivery systems tend to behave.

We should probably get back.

You grab Perrin and pull him away just as the light turns solid and the crate disappears. You flinch and get down, prepared for the worst. You feel the ground shudder and Perrin taps you on the shoulder. You open your eyes and double-check all your limbs. Yep, still there.

A structure is in front of you now. It wasn't there a moment ago, but seeing as how the crate isn't around anymore you assume its the Quarters.

Neat.

You walk up to the door and touch the switch accompanying it. Atmosphere comes shooting out from the crease and it shoots open.

This looks like the airlock. Lets get everyone inside.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #272 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:56 pm »

Allow myself to be guided into the quarters.

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 09, 2012, 08:50:52 pm »

Get inside the quarters along with the others once everyone is ready.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »

Goes into quarters.
We should move Jim and Jay indoors, guys.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 09, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »

Vincent continues helping Jim inside, and then sets up his lab to study the centipede sample, also maybe get some practice with Damien's old gun by shooting some of the rocks outside is there's time.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #276 on: September 09, 2012, 11:24:08 pm »

You do know that you all decided to go inside without grabbing Jay? I'm going to be nice and not say you left him and that he's dead, which is what should've happened just now. Unless you don't care about him of course. However, I'm just going to attribute your actions to the fact that you're now down to five Migrants and that you forgot that you're down a few men. I'll give you an hour or two to grab him. Either Perrin, or Aneos needs to grab him, since Jim is blind and Vincent can't leave him alone.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:26:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 09, 2012, 11:33:38 pm »

Be comatose.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #278 on: September 10, 2012, 12:00:15 am »

Allow myself to be guided into the quarters.
Vincent quickly guides you past Perrin and Aneos and into the airlock of the Quarters. He touches a switch and the door closes behind you and locks. The small chamber pressurises and your helmet immediately implodes and the glass from your visor blasts into your face. [6] Luckily you close your eyes in time and most of the shards harmlessly bounce off of your skin. A few pieces lodge themselves into your cheeks and forehead but its nothing serious. You stagger inside and fall to your knees, gulping mouthfuls of air and savouring every last wisp of oxygen.

Get inside the quarters along with the others once everyone is ready.
The first door vents and opens and you walk into the airlock. The chambers seals, cycles, and you step inside. Jim is sitting against the wall on the far side of the room picking glass out of his face through what is left of his visor and Vincent is leaning against the wall in his suit, apparently just standing around. Jim seems quite haggard from his near death experience and looks up at you.

How the fuck did Perrin manage to punch me in the face?

Goes into quarters.
We should move Jim and Jay indoors, guys.
Arriving in the Quarters, you see the rest of the guys milling about and watch them. Jim looks worn and rather pissed as he pulls shard after shard of glass from his suit. Vincent and Aneos are looking around the place. There doesn't seem to be any furnishings whatsoever, but there is plenty of room for the five of you. Wait a minute.. One.. Two.. Three.. Four…. You slap the front of your helmet.

Shit! We forgot Jay!

Vincent continues helping Jim inside, and then sets up his lab to study the centipede sample, also maybe get some practice with Damien's old gun by shooting some of the rocks outside is there's time.
Glancing around the Quarters, you find a suitable space to set down your lab equipment in the corner of the room. There isn't very much at all. You place in the corner your handheld material scanner, a small chemistry set for testing acidic and other properties of fluidic, solid, and gaseous materials, and finally your precious electric micro-monocular. You check your scanner and look up the progress of the sample scan.

Scanner: Sample Scan….Designation: 'Lava-Pede'….
Progress….32.9871%….33.5643%….33.8766….

You flick the screen off and set it down. Standing up, you rummage through your pack and draw from it Damien's Ballistic Pistol and look it over, considering trying it out. Then you remember how cold it got outside. You don't want to head back out there unless you really need to, so you return the weapon to your pack. Its too bad the holster got torched along with its owner.

Be comatose.
You lie on the ground. Its pretty cold.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 10, 2012, 12:19:51 am »

Runs out to get Jay, then brings him indoors.
I'll grab him.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 10, 2012, 12:42:01 am »

((Is the Moo set up with the quarters?  Or do we have to set it up separately?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #281 on: September 10, 2012, 12:46:27 am »

((Is the Moo set up with the quarters?  Or do we have to set it up separately?))
Its a separate structure, along with all the others. The MRU doesn't need to be unpacked and is small enough to bring indoors however. It looks just like the other crates, except it has a keypad and an interface coming out of the top. It also has a separate stand so you don't need to bend over or sit down to use it. The rest of the crate contains the electronics and uploading equipment required to send for what you want.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #282 on: September 10, 2012, 12:54:53 am »

Runs out to get Jay, then brings him indoors.
I'll grab him.
You react quickly, running through the airlock and heading over to where Jay lies inert. You roll him over and depolarise his visor. He's turned a pale blue. Wrapping your hands around the handles on the front of his suit, you drag him steadily towards the airlock, until you're eventually inside. You pop the seals on his helmet and pull it off roughly, throwing it aside with a clatter. You check his pulse. It is very weak.

Jay is dying from brain damage through asphyxiation, aided by heavy internal blood loss and organ damage. He was officially oxygen deprived for what you estimate to be over five minutes. Jay is still bleeding. Jay is not breathing. Jay is still unconscious.

Without proper medical care, Jay will die before morning.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:26:50 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2012, 03:44:18 am »

((Um, due to previous circumstances, I feel I have too ask, Jay, do you want me to attempt to heal you, I am a medic, but have an unlucky track record when it comes to rolls.))

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2012, 04:48:39 am »

((Character sheet submitted Gun, thanks.

Lol this is approaching DF levels of psychopathy, hehe lets leave the injured guy face down outside, because apparently you all had the Rescue Wounded labor turned off.

Also it's interesting to note that if Jay dies that will be two guys in one afternoon, both technically from friendly fire...maybe I shoulda put heavy armor on my character sheet ;) ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 55