- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47165 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Run and Gun
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 05:59:11 pm »

What it looks like i took directly from the information he's posted.
The bonus again came from information i got from him.
And i didnt post whats necessary i posted what we had and in general what the most important would be for the situation I.E were in an alien environment with no hospital or anything nearby.
So strong cover and a skilled medic are the most essential so george and perrin are the most important to keep safe.
Ill delete it now sorry for trying to help.
Mesor, please don't butt in. I talked to you about this in PM's. I can have you colonise the vacuum of space if I were so inclined.
Regardless, H-3 won. We'll be starting in just a moment here.

EDIT: It occurred to me just now that the title is extremely vague and/or misleading. My apologies.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:24:00 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »

(( Can i have some space chickens to keep me company please :P ))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 06:28:58 pm »

I'm pretty much ready to start. Time to wait for others...

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2012, 06:30:42 pm »

(( We dont need to wait on them only for GUNIN to prepare our introduction. ))

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

I'm ready to go here.  :)
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2012, 06:51:06 pm »

One more quick addition as I write the intro, you can all communicate to one another using the Radios in your Atmosphere Suits. If you are not wearing your suit, you will not be able to use your radio. H-3 is a low-atmosphere planet so sound doesn't travel so well. That means that if your radio is jammed or broken, you need to press your helmet's visor up against someone else's in order to talk to them. Just like real astronauts. This also means that you can only talk to each other one at a time. Your radio is located on the right-hand side of your helmet. It goes without saying that you'll want to find a way of producing oxygen and also constructing a pressurised shelter so you don't have to sleep on the ground, and so you can plan your next move. There are some other features of the A=S(Atmosphere Suit is called an A=S. Yes thats an equals sign.) that you'll have to find out on your own. It has an electronic Heads-Up Display with some features. Also, feel free to let your resident nerd or grease-monkey try to tinker with your present gear. Every little bit helps after all.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2012, 07:33:36 pm »

Where am I?

The thought echoes in your brain as it collects information, consulting stimuli and coagulating the data until it forms a viable hypothesis. A dull roar. A steel tube. And a heat hot enough to turn flesh into a sticky, bubbling mess. It soon comes to the conclusion that you're in a stasis pod, and its screaming through the atmosphere at 4.2 miles per second. And it is not slowing down.

Fuck.

As your mind attempts to paint a rosier picture of your imminent doom, you somehow manage to pull yourself together. The pod suddenly, and to your elation, begins to reduce its velocity at a safe but steady pace. By the time your pod touches the ground your Atmosphere Suit has already begun treating the burns blanketing your entire body. You sigh, relieved, and then jump as the pod's lid clunks, whirs, and then explodes outwards, whipping through the air and bowling over another Migrant's pod before embedding itself in the ground a few hundred metres away from you. You wince and step out into the heat, your visor re-polarising as it adjusts to the bright glow of molten lava bubbling in the distance. You move to greet the other Migrants as they groggily make their way towards the damaged pod, clicking on your radio, and steeling yourself for what is sure to be an arduous journey.

WELCOME TO H-3
GOOD LUCK MIGRANT

Spoiler: -Migrants- (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:43:38 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2012, 07:35:46 pm »

Making sure my suit is all done up, I step out into the wasteland, looking for a place to settle down.

Maybe he could Find some game to hunt...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:17:51 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2012, 07:38:07 pm »

George clambered out of his pod after making sure he had all his gear in addition to his suit. Once outside, he surveyed the terrain to get a good look at the area...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:44:56 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2012, 07:41:42 pm »

Aneos stumbles out, holding his head a bit. He scans the general area. (by the way, is it grassy, wastelandy-rocky with lava generally strewn about, or lava generally everywhere? any imminent mountains that may or may not be volcanoes?)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:47:09 pm by exolyx »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »

ACTIONS IN BOLD

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2012, 07:44:56 pm »

Check my suit's sealed then jump out scan the area quickly looking for signs of danger.
Then click on my radio.

"I think we should split up into two groups preferably with 2 armed people in each and look for a good place to build camp. George.M your our resident building expert what kind of terrain do we need? Defensively id say we need flat open terrain preferably elevated but your the expert on this.

I then walk around the immediate vicinity staying within sight of the group looking for any tracks or signs of animal life and makes a map of the area in he's head.

(( Do we have our weapons and all yet or do we have to get them from some were? ))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:13:06 pm by mesor »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »

You guys go on ahead, I'm gonna look around a bit, just come and get me when you find someplace suitable.

Vincent begins studying the area around the landing site for lifeforms.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »

Looking around, I check my suit, grab my stuff, and enter this new world.

Is everyone ok, no injuries?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 08:25:20 pm by Mr.FancyPants »
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

Making sure my suit is all done up, I step out into the wasteland, looking for a place to settle down.
You check your suit and find that it is already sealed. Immigration must have put it on you while you were unconscious.

You look around, and find the hostile wasteland to be the perfect place to settle down. What is wrong with you?

George clambered out of his pod after making sure he had all his gear in addition to his suit. Once outside, he surveyed the terrain to get a good look at the area...
You crack open the cargo compartment of your stasis pod and retrieve your pack, hefting it as you sling your pistol belt around your waist.

The terrain is desolate. Your eyes detect no signs of life. Not even grass. Spread out around you are about six other stasis pods, you see a few other Migrants emerging from their pods staggering about rather clumsily. One pod appears to have been knocked over and the occupant seems to be even more dazed than the others. Far off in the distance you can see molten lava burgeoning upwards. You think you see movement on the horizon near the pool but you're not quite sure.

Aneos stumbles out, holding his head a bit. He scans the general area. (by the way, is it grassy, wastelandy-rocky with lava generally strewn about, or lava generally everywhere? any imminent mountains that may or may not be volcanoes?)
You attempt to walk out of your stasis pod and instead trip over your own feet, hitting the ground hard and making your headache worse. You try to rub the bruise on your scalp, but your helmet is in the way.

You see other stasis pods strewn about. To your left is a rocky, parched wasteland stretching as far as the eye can see. To your right the ground slopes gently upward. There is a Migrant at the peak of the slope wearing a pack and carrying a rifle. He seems to be concentrating.

Check my suit's sealed then jump out and drawing my knife's i scan the area quickly looking for signs of danger.
Then click on my radio.

"I think we should split up into two groups preferably with 2 armed people in each and look for a good place to build camp. George.M your our resident building expert what kind of terrain do we need? Defensively id say we need flat open terrain preferably elevated but your the expert on this.

Keeping my knife's drawn i then walk around the immediate vicinity staying within sight of the group looking for any tracks or signs of animal life and makes a map of the area in he's head.
You check your Suit's seals and then leap out of your stasis pod. You forget the part where you stick the landing and manage to twist your ankle [1]. You writhe in pain and attempt to draw your knives, but then remember they were stowed along with the rest of your gear. Instead you clamber to your good foot, using the pod for balance.

You decide to take charge, turning your radio on and begin barking out orders between fits of sobbing.

You try to walk, but your ankle hurts too much. The best you can do is crawl at this point.

You guys go on ahead, I'm gonna look around a bit, just come and get me when you find someplace suitable.

Vincent begins studying the area around the landing site for lifeforms.
You attempt to communicate with the other Migrants. You recall something about sound not being able to travel well through thin air and a metal suit. You shrug and finish your message.

You search for lifeforms using your eyes, but find none.

Looking around, I check my suit, grab my stuff, and enter this new world.
You step out of your stasis pod and look around. You see a few Migrants staring at the ground and walking in circles. One appears to be leaning against his pod and grasping wildly at something that isn't there. Only one Migrant appears to have grabbed his gear.

You shake your head disapprovingly as you open the pod's storage compartment, retrieving your pack and slipping it on to your shoulders. You pick your light refractor up in your left hand, and the medical kit (its a long red box with a handle) with your right. Your right shoulder aches almost immediately as you heft the small crate. You may need help to carry it once you move on.

Spoiler: Migrants (click to show/hide)

ATTENTION MIGRANTS
I decided that the oxygen mechanic was a bit much. Food and water are now classified as units. You use one unit of food, and one unit of water per Migrant, per turn. A turn is the equivalent of an entire day. You can survive one day without water and two without food until you become comatose. You can pool your food and water if you wish once you start a settlement, and everyone will draw from that. As of now it is morning on H-3. Days last as long as I want so you guys have a good amount of time to look around.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 09:15:26 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 55