Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Breaking peace  (Read 1481 times)

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Breaking peace
« on: September 02, 2012, 05:38:01 am »

Guys, I got in a worst situation possible. I embarked at great site with river, volcano and stuff, wich was provided in worldgen cookbook thread. I was happily living and establishing my fortress, military and different industries, only to find out that all 5 civilizations existing on the whole world ARE IN PEACE WITH EACH OTHER oh god, I'm so sad. Is there any way via some cheats or modding to make the goblin civ at war with me at least? I know I could piss off elves or humans but that just not the same.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

cats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking peace
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 06:09:39 am »

When the goblins come to trade, talk a little trash and see what happens?

Rallan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 07:45:11 am »

When the goblins come to trade, talk a little trash and see what happens?

Or just massacre them and steal all their bling. If that doesn't work (or if the goblins aren't sending traders in the first place), you may just have to start over on a world that's not infested with hippies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:06 am »

The goblins will always try to eat your face off. They just haven't stolen any babies yet.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 08:58:07 am »

keep goblin traders piss off elves who probobly caused this!
Offer a oak amulets and and add some images of elves dying!
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:25:58 am »

Yeah, they don't send caravans. However I constantly get some cobold and goblin thieves, if that mean something. I guess I would murder some of the caravans, to provoke fun. Give me some advices, should I murder caravans entirely? Or should I leave someone to flee, to tell about the attack? What should I do with liason, let him out, or make him choke magma?
PS Does being at war for example with humans, who are in peace with elves can provoke war with elves as well?

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:29:38 am »

Kill all. They will hold you responsible if they don't return. Both liasons and caravans. Just don't kill your own civilization, unless you want much, much bloodshed.
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:36:53 am »

Kill all. They will hold you responsible if they don't return. Both liasons and caravans. Just don't kill your own civilization, unless you want much, much bloodshed.
I'm asking, because I remember fortresses in which elves were so patient, that they sent caravans one after another, I killed them one after another, until my fort died of mass cloth rot tantrums, or something like that, I consider that they just didn't want to kill them in simple way, but came every year to look at the pathetic fall of dwarven empire.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:57:16 am »

Become a barony. Kill the human diplomat who comes visiting. Instant human war.

It might be their "deity" visiting, so be prepared.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

Are you looking at the [c]iv screen? That one only tracks whether or not the civs are actively at war with each other. If you haven't done any modding, goblins and kobolds are always hostile to you and humans and elves are peaceful unless your civ was at war with one of theirs and you embarked in that civ's area of influence.

Goblins will naturally ramp up their attacks.
Kobolds will start sending ambush squads if they make enough successful thefts or steal enough value. I'm not sure which.
Humans will send siegers if their diplomat dies. It's possible that if you're on really, really good terms with them then one dead diplomat alone isn't enough to get them sieging. Sieze their goods as well.
Elves won't attack you at all unless you break treecutting promises, and that won't happen unless you fix their diplomacy via DFHack.
Your own civ will never attack you. You can attack the members of your civ who arrive for trading or diplomacy, but that causes civil war in your fortress and makes you lose control of some of the dwarves involved.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 12:43:41 pm »

World Save please. I like peace. Railgun me now. D:

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 03:30:36 pm »

Upload a save to DFFD, then kill all traders who enter. And toss their corpses into a pit with mangy, wild badgers. And steal their stuff. And eat it. And kick the badgers that ate their corpses. And sell them wood.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 03:39:21 pm »

If he's getting goblin thieves, then he isn't at peace with goblins. The goblins just aren't actively at war with him, which is the normal situation for most players.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 04:43:23 pm »

Create a dwarven adventurer and send him on a killing spree in his starting town. The human civilization that owned the town will get pissed at the dwarven civilization that Urist McStabby hails from. All the allied civs will go crazy at one another because they are all allies of both the dwarven and the human civilization. You'll basically be instigating a global loyalty cascade.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »

Create a dwarven adventurer and send him on a killing spree in his starting town. The human civilization that owned the town will get pissed at the dwarven civilization that Urist McStabby hails from. All the allied civs will go crazy at one another because they are all allies of both the dwarven and the human civilization. You'll basically be instigating a global loyalty cascade.
I just realized that that seems like how WW3 will come to be. A Pyscho preforming a massive terroristic attack, then being believed to be a Agent of another country.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: [1] 2