Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Breaking peace  (Read 1482 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking peace
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 04:54:42 pm »

Create a dwarven adventurer and send him on a killing spree in his starting town. The human civilization that owned the town will get pissed at the dwarven civilization that Urist McStabby hails from. All the allied civs will go crazy at one another because they are all allies of both the dwarven and the human civilization. You'll basically be instigating a global loyalty cascade.
Actually, the humans will only get angry at Urist McStabby; the dwarves must have excommunicated their adventurers, which explains why they can't find the mountainhomes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 02:15:37 pm »

Thanks for your replies! Yes, I guess I looked at civ screen, and indeed it doesn`t shows hostility, because today I got a goblin Siege (although quite small one, perhaps oddities of having a pocket size world)
Elves won't attack you at all unless you break treecutting promises, and that won't happen unless you fix their diplomacy via DFHack.
Hey, I fixed them with dfhack, It reported, that fixed 1 of 1 diplomat, but 2 caravans since then, and no diplomat :(( what do? Dfhack now says that he fixes 0 of 1 diplomats, implying it's already fixed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 02:18:18 pm »

Try trading them wood. That should help.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 04:02:37 pm »

Are you getting the human diplomat?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Afelia Fail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 02:03:33 am »

Are you getting the human diplomat?
Let me try to remember..Yeah, I remember asking for tons of different booze, so it could be only humans, who have such a variety, so yes.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 02:14:17 am »

The goblins will always try to eat your face off. They just haven't stolen any babies yet.
This.

For the other races,

1. Wait for diplomat.
2. Kill diplomat.
3. ? ? ? ?
4. PROFIT!!! WAR!!!
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 [2]