Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53114 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2012, 11:14:19 pm »

Tiruin:
-snip-
No, I'm trying to figure out what you are thinking by telling everyone you have a kill coming. Tell me, is this kill sort of a "delayed" kill? As in: you activated a card N1, but it'll only kill at N2? Also, please clarify if by "tomorrow" you meant N2 or D3.
Dawn of the morrow. D3.

Zrk2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does it have to be tomorrow? Why are you telling us this now? What possible benefit do we have from you claiming vig now?
That you know I'll be doing the kill.

Why the first question there, on "does it have to be tomorrow"?

Also, webadict did answer you, just in a statement to the general people...

Look more, how you totally missed it.

Did you press him on that? No, you stubbornly insisted despite what was already put down. Did you aim to clarify your question and expound more? No.

Your answer?
Zrk2:
Zrk2:
Also a sound idea, I just wanted to see if he had any actual ideas to back up his claims. Clearly he does not, so my tolerance of it is over. Unvote, Wuba you need to answer my question; do you have a plan for the town to work together, or are you just fucking around?

Why couldn't this have been a vote?

Because I was giving him the benefit of a doubt. Now I'm not; he's had more than enough time to respond.

WUBA tell me if you have a bloody plan or if you were just spouting off. The vote may be removed if you can prove you had an actual idea when you went on about creating some over-arching plan.

How long is "time enough to respond?"  If you had just said that I was right and that you were dutifully correcting that, I might have believed you.
Toaster, he had at least a whole day in which to respond, and he didn't. I think 24 hours and several posts are more than enough, especially if I have reminded him several times.

PPE: Post ^

I love how you quoted webadict there and missed the whole other thing.

@whoever thought there was a plan: there is no plan. Book made that up and threw fancy wprds in there to make it sound like I advocated some Day 1 plan. I did not. I never did. I stated that plans do work. So does teamwork. But I have no plan to make a Day 1 plan.

That is the statement in which you should've questioned, following your reason.

Yeah.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2012, 12:02:19 pm »

I take it no-one is posting because it's Sunday? Funnily enough it's the time when I have the most time. :/
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2012, 12:24:36 pm »

Tiruin:
Why the first question there, on "does it have to be tomorrow"?

Because it seems like an odd requirement. Why not ask?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »

I take it no-one is posting because it's Sunday? Funnily enough it's the time when I have the most time. :/
Aye, I just got back in town. There's a lot more new posts than I thought there would be! Reading now.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2012, 08:20:46 pm »

So Think was an SK? I thought there was one, but I didn't really think that Think was it. Live and learn!

Quote from: Tir
Alsoalso, I've a vig card right here that will kill someone tomorrow.
Why'd you claim this? Isn't that a bit reckless?

Quote from: Tir
Hapah:
PFP'ing during the first day, so I've to ask, who were your suspicions during that time?
Book, for taking liberties with Web's posts. UI hopped on rather readily as well, but I doubt they're both scum.

I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum.
Quote from: Tolyk
I'm not very sure I'm scum.
I'm scum.
Well, that was easy! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Just thought it was funny, is all!)

In all seriousness though, do try to break that habit (I'll admit I still struggle with the same myself). I think Book gave me flak for it recently, maybe in the BYOR or BYOLOLC? It was rather convincing, if anyone wants to dig it up.

If you will note he did actually argue in favour of following a plan:
Seriously, guys. What is this? This "Do whatever you want" mentality. There's a reason the "Do what I tell you" mentality works. There's a reason the "All follow the plan" mentality works. Likewise, there is a reason the "Multiple separate plans" mentality FAILS.

Eventually he changed his tune to this:
And working together works as well. If it didn't, we wouldn't be typing anything. There'd be no reason to. You are by yourself. There is no town to help vote with you, because no one is listening to anyone else. The whole basis of the Day game is working together. So, when the town doesn't work together, they do lose. When the mafia doesn't work together, they lose. You get nowhere in this game by not working together. So, when someone selfishly refuses to read arguments or make cases, they are not working with the town. It's happened before. Heck, it's what I'm used to, mostly because the town tends to stop trying without vocal people.

So, riddle me this: when did this game become a solo adventure?

He went from explicitly advocating forming a plan and getting everyone to play by it to back-pedalling and trying to broaden what he was saying so he would not be lynched for advocating some master plan destined to be co-opted by the scum. He explicitly spoke in favour of creating a plan, so I asked him if he had one. Then he ignored me repeatedly, so it made sense to suspect he was scum because he advocated something that would end up benefitting scum and then refused to field questions on it.
See, I thought it was just a general warning against self-centered actions, since a townie taking a level in badass and winning the game by themselves is rare. He just wanted us to look at the big picture a little more. And then it got blown entirely out of proportion and he was nailed to the wall for it.

Book: You've got questions pending.

Zrk2: I don't see what Web said as backpedaling. How can "don't just think about yourself" be called scummy?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2012, 08:39:17 pm »

5 votes required to lynch.  4 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:15am GMT time, on Thursday the 20th of September.

Votecount:
Book (3): Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah
Zrk2 (1): TolyK
Not voting (4): Bookthras, Urist Imiknorris, Deathsword, Zrk2

3 votes required to extend, 3 extensions remaining.

All players except Urist Imiknorris have posted since the last mod update.  Attendance is not enforced for the weekend, but will be for the next update.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 17, 2012, 04:08:15 am »

Physics labs are not fun time-wise. I need to reread the thread, and I should have a post up by tonight.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 17, 2012, 10:10:28 am »

Zrk2: I don't see what Web said as backpedaling. How can "don't just think about yourself" be called scummy?

The saying group plans "ALWAYS" work is what bothered me.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 17, 2012, 04:15:04 pm »

Tiruin:
UI, Zrk2: Can you both restate why you decided to put that vote on webadict? Was it because of the 'plan' or...
I voted him because of his overreaction to Toaster's question. Then the plan stuff happened, as well as his comments about Exodia, both of which made me keep my vote.

UI:
Tiruin's voting Book?

...Huh. How did I miss that?
How did you not miss that? ((And I did vote))
I didn't not miss it.

Zrk2:
Your opinions are really malleable, aren't they? You go from supporting web's position to FoSing him for not having a plan for everyone to follow (and how is that cause for voting him? A shameful bandwagon), then you vote him as soon as you're called out on it.

My argument still applies. He posted several times between me asking the question and him becoming strapped for time, and furthermore he never even gave lipservice to answering me. I was completely ignored and that is not something that I am prepared to forgive.
Forgiveness doesn't factor into it - you still voted him over shit while neglecting any actual scumhunting - which you're still neglecting. Why? Who do you suspect?

He went from explicitly advocating forming a plan and getting everyone to play by it to back-pedalling and trying to broaden what he was saying so he would not be lynched for advocating some master plan destined to be co-opted by the scum. He explicitly spoke in favour of creating a plan, so I asked him if he had one. Then he ignored me repeatedly, so it made sense to suspect he was scum because he advocated something that would end up benefitting scum and then refused to field questions on it.
re: bolded part: Why did it take you so long to bring it up? Are you trying to shore up your argument after the fact?

Also, how was not making a plan a scumtell? I'll point out that it was D1 and web wouldn't have had much of anything to build a plan on.

Hapah: Please restate your case on Book.

UI hopped on rather readily as well, but I doubt they're both scum.
Correction: I was already voting him.

TolyK:
By the way, about UI:
Think:
UI: Fair enough. Unvote. Do you think protection would be sufficient, or a more stealthy approach would be preferable?
Not getting killed would be sufficient. As an SK in BYOR9, I was focused on staying unnoticed. Once I decided to be more active about my killing, I got counterkilled instantly.
This seems to be what you're doing this game as well, to some extent.
What are your scumpicks now that Web's found out as town and Think as evil third party?
To what extent?

I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum. I had (and have) my ideas, but none of them are really strong enough.
I should FoS more, though, I keep forgetting that there's that.

Well, seeing that my card was on Think's body when he died, I guess he stole it from me and then was killed.
Why don't you like voting for people you're not very sure are scum? (Also: Freudian slip)

Also, judging from your answer about your suspicions, you don't/didn't really have any at all. Why not?

As for my suspects, my biggest ones are Zrk2 (for reasons stated above) and you at the moment.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 17, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

There seems to have been something of a sharp drop in activity.  I'll be posting the next update in just over an hour, and anyone who hasn't posted by that time will get a prod.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 17, 2012, 06:54:17 pm »

Ok...so it seems that Zrk2 decides to ignore my case altogether.

And that Bookthras seems to have disappeared from...2 days ago?

Also, Biochemistry and related subjects. Fun for the body, time needed to make it fun...

PFP

Zrk2: So...nothing explaining your lack of comprehension on web? Nothing?

. . .

Top scumpicks. Why aren't you voting from yesterday? Reads on everyone?

Bookthras: What have you been doing? Pooooost!

Deathsword
What are you readings of everyone, and who are your top scumpicks for today? For yesterday?
I'll handle this in another post after a more careful read.
You done yet? When are you going to post it?

Hapah
So Think was an SK? I thought there was one, but I didn't really think that Think was it. Live and learn!
What did you mean here?

I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum.
I'm not very sure I'm scum.
I'm scum.
Well, that was easy! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Just thought it was funny, is all!)

In all seriousness though, do try to break that habit (I'll admit I still struggle with the same myself). I think Book gave me flak for it recently, maybe in the BYOR or BYOLOLC? It was rather convincing, if anyone wants to dig it up.
Also, meta?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 17, 2012, 07:10:04 pm »

Tiruin: Right now, but you beat me to it. Started writing this the moment you posted.

My top scumpicks are Zrk2 and you.

Why you? I have a bad feeling about that kill claim of yours, and I personally think you are bluffing about it. Aside from that I have yet to see anything scummy from you so it's more of a feeling.

Zrk2, well, I was quite undecided about him until recently, truth be told. Looking at other's cases changed my mind. First, as stated by UI, he briefly supported Web before turning on him, voting because he wasn't going to forgive Web not paying much attention to him. Then he accused Web of backpedaling, when the one that backpedal'd was him. As pointed by Tiruin, Web DID answer your questions (not going to re-link, just look above). Thus, he lied. And who lies? Scum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 17, 2012, 07:11:29 pm »

Zrk2:
Your opinions are really malleable, aren't they? You go from supporting web's position to FoSing him for not having a plan for everyone to follow (and how is that cause for voting him? A shameful bandwagon), then you vote him as soon as you're called out on it.

What? Am I not allowed to change my opinion? If no one changed their opinions there would be no point even posting here, now would there? I don't think changing my opinion based on a change in the game is a problem.

My argument still applies. He posted several times between me asking the question and him becoming strapped for time, and furthermore he never even gave lipservice to answering me. I was completely ignored and that is not something that I am prepared to forgive.
Forgiveness doesn't factor into it - you still voted him over shit while neglecting any actual scumhunting - which you're still neglecting. Why? Who do you suspect?

re: bolded part: Why did it take you so long to bring it up? Are you trying to shore up your argument after the fact?

Also, how was not making a plan a scumtell? I'll point out that it was D1 and web wouldn't have had much of anything to build a plan on.

I'm working on that as we speak. I should have my vote selected sometime tonight.

Furthermore I was simply elaborating more on my case after my first argument seemed insufficient. You asked, so I answered.

When someone says that something "ALWAYS" works then you expect them to put that to work ASAP, because to do otherwise only hurts our chances of victory.

I had a lot of running around today. My thoughts on everyone this day will come after I can refresh myself on everyone's activity today.

Do we still have the LurkerTracker kicking about?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »

IMO, it works the first time you use it. Unsure if it has to do with the browser cache and other technical stuff, but it works for me that way.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2012, 07:30:13 pm »

UI:

Zrk2
Dat bandwagon. Classy.

Bookthras:

Has done absolutely nothing of note since the day has started. What are you up to?

Toaster:

Opens with this gem:
Well hell.  Zrk2 was my top pick for the Exodia guy.  He's still scummy though, but not nearly as scummy as obvscum Book.
I know he made his case previously, but it would have been nice if you could have at least refreshed our memories when you voted.

After this his posting gets downright standard. Scumhunting, questions, links, solid play and I like it. I doubt hiss scummitude.

Tiruin:
Bookthras for reasons of yesterday. UI, Zrk2: Can you both restate why you decided to put that vote on webadict? Was it because of the 'plan' or...

Also, Deathsword, ToylK: Can you see if you've those appendage cards in your deck?

Alsoalso, I've a vig card right here that will kill someone tomorrow.
I like the persistence, but the random vig claim is odd and somewhat unsettling as I can't see the benefit to the town of claiming it. This doesn't sit well with me. As Deathsword noted if you need to be attacked for your ability to take effect please let us know as I have a low attack creature that helps me out if it survives an attack.

Hapah:

So Think was an SK? I thought there was one, but I didn't really think that Think was it.
Why did you Think there was a SK? See what I did there?

Deathsword:

Is downright passive; he answers his questions but he hasn't been asking too many of his own. Then he bandwagons on me too. I don't like it.
Tiruin: Right now, but you beat me to it. Started writing this the moment you posted.

My top scumpicks are Zrk2 and you.

Why you? I have a bad feeling about that kill claim of yours, and I personally think you are bluffing about it. Aside from that I have yet to see anything scummy from you so it's more of a feeling.

Zrk2, well, I was quite undecided about him until recently, truth be told. Looking at other's cases changed my mind. First, as stated by UI, he briefly supported Web before turning on him, voting because he wasn't going to forgive Web not paying much attention to him. Then he accused Web of backpedaling, when the one that backpedal'd was him. As pointed by Tiruin, Web DID answer your questions (not going to re-link, just look above). Thus, he lied. And who lies? Scum.
He out-and-out admits it's a bandwagon. He has just seized the opportunity to cast a vote without scrutiny, and that so soft. At the very least you should compile your own case before voting for someone (like this).

TolyK:

Makes good solid posts, answers his questions and makes some of his own. Also good play.

IMO, it works the first time you use it. Unsure if it has to do with the browser cache and other technical stuff, but it works for me that way.

I'll see if I can dig it up sometime.

My posting tomorrow won't be terribly often as I have a busy day.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28