Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53082 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #195 on: September 14, 2012, 10:07:16 pm »

Typo: you say I had the left leg, but then you have the text for the right leg.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 14, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »

The Right Leg was found with the body, and was therefore also revealed.  Now stop posting dead people.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2012, 12:05:19 am »

Well, this is good - it stopped a one-man victory. Now I know where my card went... :P
Based on the kill it's either an auto-ability or some sort of random kill.

Toaster: Try to convince me that Book is scum, i.e. show me your case on him. I can't see why he's "obvscum", possibly because I wasn't paying too much attention to him.
Zrk2: Please answer [ur=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115758.msg3607738#msg3607738]my questions[/url]. And Tiruin's too, right after them. You seemed to be "going with the flow", which is bad in mafia. You also didn't carefully read your freakin' lynch candidate's post. Really?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 15, 2012, 12:35:03 am »

You know that I hate my timezone? Yeah, I do.

PFP

Bookthras for reasons of yesterday. UI, Zrk2: Can you both restate why you decided to put that vote on webadict? Was it because of the 'plan' or...

Also, Deathsword, ToylK: Can you see if you've those appendage cards in your deck?

Alsoalso, I've a vig card right here that will kill someone tomorrow.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 15, 2012, 12:53:34 am »

Also, Deathsword, ToylK: Can you see if you've those appendage cards in your deck?

Appendage cards as in left leg? No, mine is gone. Not that I really care, it was still just a piece of junk.
Tomorrow as in this night, next day, or next night? And why are you even saying that?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 15, 2012, 03:29:39 am »

Wuba lynched on D1? I should screenshot this, print it out and hang on the wall, with a subtitle 'Fall of the (ex-)King'.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2012, 07:56:00 am »

*cough*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2012, 10:35:28 am »

Tiruin:

Still have mine.

Tomorrow as in this night, next day, or next night? And why are you even saying that?
Why would you even say that? Are you bluffing so people attack you and thus trigger an ability from one of your cards? If you are serious, why tell everyone that?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2012, 11:03:55 am »

Why would you even say that? Are you bluffing so people attack you and thus trigger an ability from one of your cards? If you are serious, why tell everyone that?
Oh look at the first assumption that you bring. Why the reasoning of attack, hmm? You assume too much from such a statement, Deathsword. Scared?

@DS, ToylK and anyone else: I'm serious because I plan to use it (yes, I have to use it ere D3, post-D1) for it to work. Currently, on those scumbags out there.

However, I want to hear what he wants to say first before I do such. A shift-vote on Web for reasons as "I've given him enough time, he isn't answering my question" here. It also seems that he didn't bother to read anything webadict said, as he jumped on Bookthras' Strawman.

Deathsword, in the meantime, tell me how you came to that certain patch of thinking. Why weren't you voting yesterday along with TolyK? (TolyK, answer me this too.) Also, why this bit? Were you paying attention to anything that happened D1 or did your buddy slip info on your chat?

What are you readings of everyone, and who are your top scumpicks for today? For yesterday?

And one more, what happened to your card TolyK? Anything you can say about it's disappearance?

Hapah:
PFP forgot to vote Book
Y?

PFP'ing during the first day, so I've to ask, who were your suspicions during that time?

UI:
Tiruin's voting Book?

...Huh. How did I miss that?
How did you not miss that? ((And I did vote))

Aaaand going to a restful slumber once more. Had net problems the whole day today, coupled with...a pile of work and planning for RL movie-making. Woohoo, movies!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »

TolyK:
Toaster: Try to convince me that Book is scum, i.e. show me your case on him. I can't see why he's "obvscum", possibly because I wasn't paying too much attention to him.

Did you read any of the posts I made yesterday?

Web said working together was a good thing.  I agreed with him.  Book said this:

Town coordination usually works.
To be specific, I call scummy bullshit on your statement above. Please prove how and when has D1 Town coordination ever worked, or you're lying scum.

You can see in the quote above how he's taking something I didn't say and asking me to prove it.  He's completely misrepresenting my (and Web's) arguments, accusing of us of making statements we never did.  On that note:

Book:  You never answered this:
Toaster is mostly guilty of trying to get town to go along with it without even questioning wuba's intentions or alignment; his unquestioning agreement seemed suspicious to me, but then came the worse one: instead of trying to justify or rectify his "wuba knows, town coordination works" statement, he first tried to disown it, then make us believe he never said it, then failing to answer questions about it. That's horribly scummy.

Haha.  Please, tell me; what exactly am I trying to get the town to go along with?

I realize it's probably because your accusation is complete bullshit and invented from thin air, but I'd like to see you try to lie your way out of it.

Zrk2:
Zrk2:
Also a sound idea, I just wanted to see if he had any actual ideas to back up his claims. Clearly he does not, so my tolerance of it is over. Unvote, Wuba you need to answer my question; do you have a plan for the town to work together, or are you just fucking around?

Why couldn't this have been a vote?

Because I was giving him the benefit of a doubt. Now I'm not; he's had more than enough time to respond.

WUBA tell me if you have a bloody plan or if you were just spouting off. The vote may be removed if you can prove you had an actual idea when you went on about creating some over-arching plan.

How long is "time enough to respond?"  If you had just said that I was right and that you were dutifully correcting that, I might have believed you.

Dariush:  You're not playing- please quit posting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2012, 12:57:51 pm »

while pfp? So your "had enough time" argument doesn't exactly apply, does it? Thus it seems as if you voted Web just because Toaster asked why you didn't.
It may not be that way, but it seems like that. Your overall behavior seems at least a bit jumpy.

My argument still applies. He posted several times between me asking the question and him becoming strapped for time, and furthermore he never even gave lipservice to answering me. I was completely ignored and that is not something that I am prepared to forgive.

As to Tiruin's question I meant that he might have missed my original question question, but as he made more posts ignoring me asking it several more times it became increasingly obvious that he was ignoring me in an attempt to avoid being discovered as having no plan.

Quote from: Tiruin
UI, Zrk2: Can you both restate why you decided to put that vote on webadict? Was it because of the 'plan' or...

I believe I covered that already.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Does it have to be tomorrow? Why are you telling us this now? What possible benefit do we have from you claiming vig now?

Toaster, he had at least a whole day in which to respond, and he didn't. I think 24 hours and several posts are more than enough, especially if I have reminded him several times.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2012, 01:16:10 pm »

Oh look at the first assumption that you bring. Why the reasoning of attack, hmm? You assume too much from such a statement, Deathsword. Scared?

@DS, ToylK and anyone else: I'm serious because I plan to use it (yes, I have to use it ere D3, post-D1) for it to work. Currently, on those scumbags out there.

However, I want to hear what he wants to say first before I do such. A shift-vote on Web for reasons as "I've given him enough time, he isn't answering my question" here. It also seems that he didn't bother to read anything webadict said, as he jumped on Bookthras' Strawman.

Deathsword, in the meantime, tell me how you came to that certain patch of thinking. Why weren't you voting yesterday along with TolyK? (TolyK, answer me this too.) Also, why this bit? Were you paying attention to anything that happened D1 or did your buddy slip info on your chat?

What are you readings of everyone, and who are your top scumpicks for today? For yesterday?

And one more, what happened to your card TolyK? Anything you can say about it's disappearance?
I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum. I had (and have) my ideas, but none of them are really strong enough.
I should FoS more, though, I keep forgetting that there's that.

Well, seeing that my card was on Think's body when he died, I guess he stole it from me and then was killed.

Tiruin, you mean that your order of scuminess is Book > Zrk2 > everyone else?
Reviewing your reasons on Book:

Bookthras
Wuba:
-snip-
That's one of my arguments, yes: excessive town flag waving. You would do this as scum precisely to appear town, and overdoing it. Not voting is also scummy, since you bring it up.
When a person states the word 'Town' in context, it means scum in a sense? I can see him explaining in detail about what he thinks about UI's statement.

Also, Epileptic trees? Are these meta references to other Mafias? And because Wub and Toaster were scum in BSER, does that affect your perception of their actions in this game?

Next, last paragraph before address to Zrk2: You're voting web on the reason that you don't trust him, exactly? Nothing else?

And, here, why did you jump on web when he stated a possibility about plans (based on that lost card of TolyK) and then you...charge him.
I personally believe Zrk2 to be more scummy than Book, since Book seemed to just base his accusations on what he understood was Wuba's "plan", though he did press too hard, though maybe I missed something. While Zrk2 sorta hopped around. What makes Book more scummy to vote? Or do you believe your claimed vig kill will make him talk? PPE: I see why now due to Toaster's post, but do you have any other reasons?

Also, a bit less seriously:
@DS, ToylK and anyone else:
ToylK
-.-

Ninjas!
TolyK:

Did you read any of the posts I made yesterday?

Web said working together was a good thing.  I agreed with him.  Book said this:

Town coordination usually works.
To be specific, I call scummy bullshit on your statement above. Please prove how and when has D1 Town coordination ever worked, or you're lying scum.

You can see in the quote above how he's taking something I didn't say and asking me to prove it.  He's completely misrepresenting my (and Web's) arguments, accusing of us of making statements we never did.
Fair enough, that was something that I didn't completely get due to lack of time.

while pfp? So your "had enough time" argument doesn't exactly apply, does it? Thus it seems as if you voted Web just because Toaster asked why you didn't.
It may not be that way, but it seems like that. Your overall behavior seems at least a bit jumpy.

My argument still applies. He posted several times between me asking the question and him becoming strapped for time, and furthermore he never even gave lipservice to answering me. I was completely ignored and that is not something that I am prepared to forgive.
Err.
Quote from: Wuba Reply 162
@whoever thought there was a plan: there is no plan. Book made that up and threw fancy wprds in there to make it sound like I advocated some Day 1 plan. I did not. I never did. I stated that plans do work. So does teamwork. But I have no plan to make a Day 1 plan.

@whoever says I'm not.answering.questions: i have literally 3 times the questions anyone ever has. I don't answer them all. I don't see them all. Please quote them if you feel it's important to answer, or if it's not important, don't. If your question is buried inside a paragraph of questions, DON'T DO THAT. I can literally not.read that. The sentences form together. Break them apart if you.want all of them answered.
Which I think you didn't do, you just told him that he hadn't answered a question. You may have missed this bit, though I've already posted it. It seems like you're not reading the text of your main suspect or text that's addressed to you. He said he had no plan, it wasn't something he was attempting to avoid being discovered. Missing this stuff makes it seem like you just want reasons to press people, Zrk2.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2012, 01:23:06 pm »

EBYODP: Urist I. noticed, why didn't you?
Spoiler: His Post (click to show/hide)

By the way, about UI:
Think:
UI: Fair enough. Unvote. Do you think protection would be sufficient, or a more stealthy approach would be preferable?
Not getting killed would be sufficient. As an SK in BYOR9, I was focused on staying unnoticed. Once I decided to be more active about my killing, I got counterkilled instantly.
This seems to be what you're doing this game as well, to some extent.
What are your scumpicks now that Web's found out as town and Think as evil third party?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2012, 03:52:20 pm »

Tiruin:
No, I'm trying to figure out what you are thinking by telling everyone you have a kill coming. Tell me, is this kill sort of a "delayed" kill? As in: you activated a card N1, but it'll only kill at N2? Also, please clarify if by "tomorrow" you meant N2 or D3.

I had very little time to read the posts in detail (or at all in some cases) to draw a conclusion and I didn't want to just vote randomly. Regarding that number thing: I misread his post and (mis)understood that he had said that 3 people had claimed exodia cards.

I'll handle this in another post after a more careful read.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2012, 04:31:36 pm »

If you will note he did actually argue in favour of following a plan:
Seriously, guys. What is this? This "Do whatever you want" mentality. There's a reason the "Do what I tell you" mentality works. There's a reason the "All follow the plan" mentality works. Likewise, there is a reason the "Multiple separate plans" mentality FAILS.

Eventually he changed his tune to this:
And working together works as well. If it didn't, we wouldn't be typing anything. There'd be no reason to. You are by yourself. There is no town to help vote with you, because no one is listening to anyone else. The whole basis of the Day game is working together. So, when the town doesn't work together, they do lose. When the mafia doesn't work together, they lose. You get nowhere in this game by not working together. So, when someone selfishly refuses to read arguments or make cases, they are not working with the town. It's happened before. Heck, it's what I'm used to, mostly because the town tends to stop trying without vocal people.

So, riddle me this: when did this game become a solo adventure?

He went from explicitly advocating forming a plan and getting everyone to play by it to back-pedalling and trying to broaden what he was saying so he would not be lynched for advocating some master plan destined to be co-opted by the scum. He explicitly spoke in favour of creating a plan, so I asked him if he had one. Then he ignored me repeatedly, so it made sense to suspect he was scum because he advocated something that would end up benefitting scum and then refused to field questions on it.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28