Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52990 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [10/10]: We're counting on you (day one)
« Reply #180 on: September 13, 2012, 07:52:57 pm »

So, this is how I die? For baseless accusations? What a pity. I tried to shift my play style a bit so that we'd get more done. I think I accomplished that. Feel free to lynch Zrk2 and Bookthras. They deserve it, really.

Also, UI: I just realized I missed the last question. I was trying not to focus in on someone right away. I feel it detracts from my ability to analyze players. If I want to vote someone, I shall, but only when I'm ready. It better suits me.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »

PFP forgot to vote Book
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 13, 2012, 08:30:56 pm »

Leafsnail: Does summoning a creature counts as a night action?

Wub: What do you mean 3 people claimed exodia cards? Only TolyK and I claimed. And do you think they are merely red herrings placed by Leafsnail instead of the cards picked by someone in the game? If they were picked cards, it would make no sense not to pick all 5.

I wish I could have placed more content in this post, but stuff came up here.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:37 pm »

Deadline reached.  Votes are now locked in.  End of day post coming shortly.

Final votecount:
webadict (4): Urist Imiknorris, Bookthras, Think0028, Zrk2
Zrk2 (2): Toaster, webadict
Bookthras (2): Tiruin, Hapah
Not voting (2): Deathsword,  TolyK

Yes.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:34:53 pm by Leafsnail »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 13, 2012, 08:40:39 pm »

Wub: What do you mean 3 people claimed exodia cards? Only TolyK and I claimed. And do you think they are merely red herrings placed by Leafsnail instead of the cards picked by someone in the game? If they were picked cards, it would make no sense not to pick all 5.

I wish I could have placed more content in this post, but stuff came up here.
WTF? I said 2! YOU MORON! 3 people have them for sure, including the guy that sent them in! Are you retarded?

GAH! You guys are literally morons. See ya. Have fun killing each other and playing like morons. I'm town, btw, so have fun with that. And check who was online last that voted me (*cough* Book *cough*).

I swear, you guys cannot read or something. Morons. I literally hate all of you for not trying.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 13, 2012, 08:41:43 pm »

Correction: I hate everyone except Toaster, TolyK, and Hapah. They tried.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [9/10]: How to acquit your maid (night one)
« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »

You turn on webadict, declaring that he's one of those filthy cheaters polluting your fine tournament.  After listening to your concerns an official agrees that action must be taken, and disqualifies webadict using a rather large collection of dragons.  After making sure that webadict's unconscious body no longer carries a static electric charge you search his body.  Unfortunately all signs point to him being a selfish townie intent on winning the tournament for himself.  Looks like you aren't any closer to breaking the mafia's stranglehold on this competition.

webadict has been lynched.  He was town.

webadict was holding UNO Red 3, How to Play Poker, Old Maid (ugly), Adam Reposa's Business Card and Miley Cyrus' (joke) driving license.

Quote from: UNO Red 3
Use this card during the night.  Choose one of the following actions: gain 3 life, choose a player to lose 3 life, give the town 3 additional extensions or look at 3 random cards in the graveyard (fails if there are not enough cards currently in the graveyard).  After use this card is discarded.

Quote from: How to Play Poker
Use this card during the night.  Choose one card that was previously in your hand.  The positions of that card and this card swap.  If the named card is exiled this ability fails.

Quote from: Old Maid (ugly)
Use this card during the night.  Choose one other player.  You take control of a random creature they have summoned, and then give them this card.  If they have no creatures then this effect fails.

Quote from: Adam Reposa's Business Card
Use this card during the night.  Choose one other player.  You will be told their alignment, but you will not be allowed to vote for that player for the rest of the game.  After use this card is exiled.

Quote from: Miley Cyrus' (joke) driving license
As long as you hold this card you are a singing sensation by night.  You can broadcast one anonymous message to all other players per night (this does not use up your night action).  PM me with the message you would like to send and it will be included in the morning post (marked as non-mod communication).

It is now night.  Please get your night actions to me within the next 48 hours.  Please do not post until it is daytime again (I'll lock the thread after I edit the OP).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:16:20 pm by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:45 pm »

As you regroup for another discussion you can't fail to notice Think0028 slumped unconscious on the ground.  It soons become clear that his condition is nothing to do with the Universal Life System, but in fact relates to the card lying next to him.  It seems that the card was thrown at him with enough force to send him crashing out of the competition.

You worry about what kind of magic could possibly achieve that level of damage from a card throw, but you are relieved to find that Think0028 was apparently a dangerous loose cannon intent on releasing a terrible force upon all of you.

One of his cards seems to dissolve before you can throw it in the discard pile.  How odd.

Think0028 has been taken out with Right Leg of the Forbidden One.  He was a card shark.

Think0028 was holding Exodia the Forbidden One, The Seven of Wands, Hive Mind, Keeper of the Sacred Word, Left Leg of the Forbidden One and How to Play Poker.

Quote from: Exodia the Forbidden One
If you hold this card along with "Right Arm of the Forbidden One", "Left Arm of the Forbidden One", "Right Leg of the Forbidden One" and "Left Leg of the Forbidden One" you win and every other player loses.  This ability cannot be negated.

Quote from: The Seven of Wands
Use this card within the first 24 hours a day phase.  All other players must choose a card to offer to you.  You see all these cards during the night and get to choose which one to take.  All other cards are returned to their rightful owners.  This card is exiled after use.

Quote from: Hive Mind
Use this card during the night.  Choose one other player.  You receive a copy of all cards in their hand.  These cards disappear after the following night.  This card is discarded after use.

Quote from: Keeper of the Sacred Word
Use this card during the night.  Name a card.  If that card is in the graveyard it is added to your hand.  This card returns to your hand after use, and does not use up your night action.  This card will be exiled if you die holding it.

Quote from: Left Leg of the Forbidden One
A forbidden left leg sealed by magic. Whosoever breaks this seal will know infinite power.

Quote from: How to Play Poker
Use this card during the night.  Choose one card that was previously in your hand.  The positions of that card and this card swap.  If the named card is exiled this ability fails.

Quote from: Right Leg of the Forbidden One
A forbidden right leg sealed by magic. Whosoever breaks this seal will know infinite power.

Day two has started.

The day is scheduled to end at 1:15am GMT time, on Thursday the 20th of September.  I may not be able to provide a writeup immediately afterwards but the voting will stop at that point.

There are 8 players alive.  5 votes are required to hammer a player, 4 for no lynch.

There are 3 extensions remaining.  3 votes for extension are required to extend the day for 48 hours.

Oh, and thanks for the prompt night actions and good activity so far, everyone.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 08:25:54 pm by Leafsnail »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2012, 08:43:05 pm »

Well hell.  Zrk2 was my top pick for the Exodia guy.  He's still scummy though, but not nearly as scummy as obvscum Book.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »

Can you please tell me why you think that?

Mod, was Think the equivalent of a survivor?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2012, 08:55:50 pm »

Think had no natural win condition.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2012, 09:04:36 pm »

Intruiging.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2012, 09:14:02 pm »

I AM POUTING AT ALL OF YOU.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2012, 09:21:21 pm »

Interesting. Leafsnail: is the Exodia thing no longer a factor, then? Would we be correct in assuming that it is now not possible for anyone to achieve an automatic victory through completing that set?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2012, 09:36:05 pm »

Exodia the Forbidden One's ability would work for any player.  I cannot comment on whether it would be possible for anyone to complete the set.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28