Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36737 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)
« Reply #570 on: October 11, 2012, 09:02:58 pm »

Copy my marks, this time with a pair of X marks instead of just one. Then go left.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 11, 2012, 10:23:32 pm »

"Thank you anyway, sire."

Lia bowed as she exited the barracks, going to the marketplace to examine the wares -- mostly on light to medium armor, and probably any consumables that could help pre-battle or in a battle.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 12, 2012, 09:41:31 pm »

Rodri looks around, and the most he can get for the objects is 50 coins.

Lia heads to the market, and starts looking for a store. (Please be specific when selecting what you're searching for, it makes it thousands of times easier for me to roll items. By specific, I mean select one specific item at a time, like armor or potions or such.)

Those in the dungeon head left again. It's the first room, with the frightening engraving. Those that turn around to look find that the hallway is gone and the staircase is in its place.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 12, 2012, 09:42:10 pm »

Go through the right door instead.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 12, 2012, 09:49:12 pm »

"Well, seems like a good deal anyway." he considered. With twenty coins in his pouch already, fifty more sounded like a good idea. Afterwards, he could try to make something in smithy...Feeling nostalgic already, that he was.

Sell the items for the 50 coins then move on to the blacksmith to check on the prices of metal bars once again.

((How would smithing work here? Rodri was an apprentice so he does not have much experience. I suppose I should start with cheaper metals until he gets more skill?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 12, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

going to the marketplace to examine the wares -- mostly on light to medium armor, and probably any consumables that could help pre-battle or in a battle.

"Perhaps I need a tailor to help with this cloak, probably need a bit of silken undergarment to ward off arrows...or just light armor?

"Do they even have alchemists around here? Wait, probably don't want exploding flasks of volatile liquid. Too risky and the cork needs to be unstoppered..."
Lia said, thinking out loud.

"...Probably a tailor. I don't want this ripped to shreds again."

Not with all those men, anyway.

Tailor shop! Inquire if my clothing can be made sturdier, and to add a red trim along the hem, cuffs and the hood. Red streaks shaped in a pattern of triangles along the lower half of the garment, too.

And read that book I found.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:57:20 pm by Tiruin »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2012, 09:28:23 am »

Retrace steps. Go right at the XX room instead of left, and mark the door with a /.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2012, 11:21:51 am »

Gro-undy remarks that he does not trust mazes.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2012, 10:49:54 pm »

((Smithing will work in the sense of you can basically make objects of only a certain quality. As you do more of any skill, once it's been determined that you become versed enough in it, your abilities will raise (ie, dual wielding. You're almost to the point where your penalty will decrease.) Right now you could make low quality items.))

The group in the dungeon Takes a quick peek in the room to the right. Yup, still nothing changed since it was raided earlier. Once returned, They head to the fourth identical room. Jerri marks off the right door with a '/' and then proceeds through, bringing them to a mid-sized room. In the center sits an amazingly well carved statue of an old man meditating.

Rodri sells the items for 50 coins, returning to the blacksmith and finding the metals again. the prices are as such:
Copper bar- 20 coins
Iron bar- 40 coins
Bronze bar- 50 coins
Steel bar- 100 coins
Wood block- 10 coins.
Leather pelt- 30 coins
(no rare metals in stock)

Lia arrives at the nearest tailor shop, a young human woman is sitting in a chair weaving some sort of object. She turns to you, and once you explain yourself, she begins. "Well, adding the special details would probably cost about 10 coins. Silk is fairly expensive, so a full under-outfit will cost about 50 coins. though it will provide extra defense against arrows and such." (there will be enemy archers.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 13, 2012, 10:53:08 pm »

Look around.

"So who wants to touch the statue that is clearly a trap?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 13, 2012, 11:04:09 pm »

Lia holds up the book she was carrying.

"Do you know how much this sells for? I have thirty coins on my person, but I've not yet read this book..."

Haggle for a lower price, or ask for appraisal of current items. All the items.

If possible, read the book.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:11:28 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 13, 2012, 11:05:58 pm »

Rodri stared at his wood-and-bone shield for a moment before rummaging through his pockets, decided to improve it a little.
"Probably good training for me and it would also be useful."

Buy a copper bar, try to make a finely worked layer of copper and fit it on the wood-and-bone shield for extra resilience.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »

Lia Tries to haggle, but is unsuccessful in lowering the price, she looks through her bag. What could she actually sell?

She notices that book she found, and while thinking, decides to read it.
That's odd, it's mostly blank, except for a few pages, which give the overall cryptic message of this: "Once pass the highest perch, the descent shall halt at the twisting paths."

The room in the dungeon is mostly bare, though the statue does seem to have something glimmering on it's forehead.

Rodri hands in some coins and begins to hammer out a sheet of copper, forming it to a fitting shape, placing it onto the shield as it fits generally well. Shield improved, now low quality Wood, bone, and Copper shield, 20% chance of blocking for 1 damage.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 13, 2012, 11:19:59 pm »

Take a closer look at the glimmering thing,

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 13, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »

"Alright, I've this spear, and...this other spear. This book, and this wooden shield...

"Erm, I'll just take the detailing first. And some repairs to my robes so it won't be ripped...in those places."

At least the shopkeeper was female.

Pay 10 coins for the detailing ((Oh yea, fluff!  :P)) And then thank the tailor afterwards.

Find a shop which can appraise and where I can sell weapons afterwards.

This book doesn't seem to be connected to the dungeon. But it was in a cube. In a mine shaft. Filled with bioluminescent mushrooms...

Weird things.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54