Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54

Author Topic: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)  (Read 36729 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mother's Crest (The one with the dungeon)
« Reply #585 on: October 13, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »

Rodri comes by Lia and waves before following her.
"Hey, we should try to check on the area the lumberjacks live soon enough. We may find clues there."

Rodri just follows Lia.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 14, 2012, 12:24:05 am »

"Hello Rodri," she replied as he passed by the store. "I'll just try to appraise these extra items for our sakes. Need to toughen up this suit so I can spend more of my energies on you if you get hurt.

"I've talked to the guards - the know no other route but that single on to the lumberjack's place. I hope we'll see what Annatto can do soon. She looks like a pretty capable girl, as well as looking pretty."

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #587 on: October 14, 2012, 12:56:44 am »

Annatto just tags along, and also pretends she didn't hear what Lia saidx, instead polishing her spear with a rag.

Follow Rodri.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Atilliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: October 14, 2012, 05:48:23 am »

Smaller races are so damn careful, like they don't want a fight.

Razgar shoots past the elf, ending up in front of the statue.

Smash the head with my sword.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 14, 2012, 08:13:58 am »

Try to decide if the statue can be made weightless with my rune and removed from the dungeon.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 14, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »

Thranduil steps closer, looking at the glimmering thing. It's a small gemstone of sorts. It looks like you could either push it in further or remove it. You contemplate as Razgar comes out of nowhere, charging at the statue and swinging his sword, when it makes contact it bounces straight off, barely making a dent. Jerri examines his runes, they could in fact move the statue.

Lia Patches her suit, also getting it nicely detailed. The woman moves with incredible speed, too fast to be normal. She heads out, her old spear is worth 40 coins, her new one is worth 60 coins, the book isn't worth money, they saw no point in it, as its mostly blank.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 14, 2012, 08:42:21 pm »

Use my pike to push the gem in

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 14, 2012, 08:48:50 pm »

"I should be able to get the statue out of here with magic. Might be worth good coin, if nobody else tries to attack it."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 15, 2012, 03:31:23 am »

Lia looked at the keeper while balancing the two spears in each hand. On one lay her personalized spear, engraved with her own hand and mark of her mentor - it has proven itself as a reliable weapon for ages past against any ornery foe. On the other lay the new spear, something that reminded her so much of Neli - the leaf-tip was covered in minute thorns, the grip was as natural as controlling your own arm and she'd have bet everything that the thing was sentient. Though, it was a find from the dungeon.

"Excuse me, keeper? I'd like to...hold on."

She just realized that Rodri and Annatto were waiting outside as the transaction was to be made.

This is really between a rock and a hard place...Neli forgive me.

She strode out, keeping her face calm and not wearing an expression of need -- for empathy was the last thing she wanted out of her allies.

"Rodri," (she didn't know Annatto well and didn't want to bother her despite that) "Could I borrow thirty gold coins off you? It's for a silken weave of my clothing - a full suit. Protection from ranged projectiles, as far as I recall the usage of silk shirts. If it's not a burden for you, c-" Get to the point, you're sounding needy... "I'll find a way to return the favor if you accept..."

Ugh, me and my tongue. I should've sold the spear, now he knows.
Stop being uncomfortable about it, you healed him and he owes you that much.

And you left him against wolves...And spent ten coins on personal detailing.
Healing someone is your duty! There is no payment for your deeds!
Stop listening to your doubtful side!

She bit her lip as her internal voices clashed in a war of beliefs and how to respond to these situations of monetary and emphatic value.

I should've socialized more...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:28:16 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 15, 2012, 11:53:14 am »

((@GM: Are you keeping track of how many coins I have? I think it is somewhere around...Did I sell that axe? I think I had 10 coins after spending 20 to repair the sword, then I sold that rusty axe for 30, then sold the products of one wolf for 50 coins, then bought a copper bar for 20. Is this correct?))

"Oh, sure." Rodri says, taking some of his coins and giving them to Lia.

He had noticed she seemed very attached to her spear, and he was willing to help her get the silk vestments without needing to part with something that held emotional value.

Rodri gives Lia thirty coins.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: October 15, 2012, 12:07:13 pm »

Lia's eyes widened as the man passed the amount with only a short sentence to say so. Was this normal of humans - their generosity, or was it just her inexperience in asking others? There wasn't a correct way, nor was there a correct one, it had now seemed.

"Thank you Rodri." she said, before moving inside the tailor's shop and taking a deep breath. She would repay him, and anyone else who helped her. But what was with this strange sense of self-consciousness?

"Thank you for waiting keeper."

Get that silken upgrade! Thank the Tailor afterwards but ask her name. Then return to Rodri and continue on the hunt!

Quote from: In case of emergency; Mental note
I have 100 coins worth of supplies, except my clothing.
I need to find a way to improve my healing skills.
I wonder if using two spears at once is practical? Or...bunching them up together to form a dual-spear?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 15, 2012, 12:46:29 pm »

After Lia is done, go to the area where the lumberjacks work and live.
>Yes?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 15, 2012, 02:10:30 pm »

((Caellath, I believe you are correct in your counting.))

Lia takes the coins, and heads into the tailor, getting the silk clothing in order to protect herself. The tailor takes out many carefully made threads of silk, and instantly begins weaving, withing a minute, the entire outfit is done. Definitely not normal speed. She hands it to you, a smile on her lips. You ask here her name. "I'm Tylla, since you asked."

In the dungeon, Thranduil pushes the gem, locking it further back, suddenly you hear a crack, and stone grinding as the statue suddenly begins to move, standing up. This is the most detailed golem you've seen in your life. "How deep is this?" it asks.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 15, 2012, 04:21:09 pm »

"This is the second floor."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 15, 2012, 04:26:01 pm »

Bow politely to the golem
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 54